November Fitness Challenge

I did strength training and a 25-minute indoor cycle ride this morning. I also got an afternoon walk in with my wife which burned a few calories.

Screen Shot 2019-11-09 at 4.56.59 PM.png

Last edited:
hit it hard today!
3FC945A1-899D-483E-964D-D407CCFD60F5.png

Whoops...club champion fitting made today a bit weird.

C65D36D4-14AB-40C2-B9AA-B5008A2C81B4.png

Did a bunch of yard work but only registered for 12 minutes of exercise today. I may golf tomorrow, but if not, back at it on Monday.

A little light, pretty much just walking but I’ll take it for the closed rings.
549644D8-B9D9-483B-84D6-D4B03477CBBC.png

Light day yesterday, but stayed up on my pushups. Same today, with some yoga later this evening.

Have done really well except for yesterday, didn't have time to get a workout in. Did an extra long one today to make up for it.

Yard work and chasing kids around the yard was my cardio today. :ROFLMAO:
110 pushups done, now to finish the night with yoga. Funny, but since ive started this, I have made conscious decisions to eat better. No donuts when a coworker brings them in, less candy from the kids Halloween stash...overall making a lot of positive strides.

Workout minutes done from yard work, but not as high of calories burned yet that i want. Baby duty today has kept me down

Crushed it this weekend. Lots of yard work yesterday got it done, golfing today made it easy.

Nice to take a couple days off the rower. I think I feel actually excited to get back on it tomorrow.

One more day in the books, should be back to some more traditional exercise now that I’m home for a couple days.
2098A7D2-9A48-4CA8-80E0-397311AD6DC4.png

I got in my 10th consecutive day on my stationary bike and I’m starting to feel strong on the bike even at the end of my workout. My resting heart rate is down about 7 bpm compared to 10 days ago.

Yesterday was probably the first day I didn't do as much as other days - did some chores around the house before we took my mother out for Sunday lunch and then we had visitors later in the day

Going to be a tough week as I will be out and about at meetings a few days (including one this afternoon I didn't know about until this morning) but I will try to fit the exercise in

18 holes of golf yesterday. In a cart, so just squeaked by with the exercise circle, but got it done. Today, trying to decide whether I want to get 9 in or do something else. Both maybe?

18 holes of golf yesterday. In a cart, so just squeaked by with the exercise circle, but got it done. Today, trying to decide whether I want to get 9 in or do something else. Both maybe?
BOTH!

Get after it, Petey!

Veterans Day dawn patrol hike to catch the sunrise from the top of a mountain. I managed to beat everyone in our group to the top. ~25 mins of max effort to catch 1/4 of the sun still below the horizon!

4FDBD126-1E7D-4192-9EA8-B7F13EAFDD87.jpegADF9EC80-18E3-4C20-A0C7-C58112705E15.png

I got in my 10th consecutive day on my stationary bike and I’m starting to feel strong on the bike even at the end of my workout. My resting heart rate is down about 7 bpm compared to 10 days ago.

You are motivating me. I am going to buy a new bike trainer today and setup the road bike for a regular aerobic workout. My 1999 friction cyclops trainer finally died last winter. I am always active but need to get my heart rate up.

You are motivating me. I am going to buy a new bike trainer today and setup the road bike for a regular aerobic workout. My 1999 friction cyclops trainer finally died last winter. I am always active but need to get my heart rate up.
Nice! I'm waiting on my trainer to get to my house. Should be anyday!

I wasn't comfortable getting back on the treadmill just yet, my knee is still pretty messed up. The inside of my left knee burns pretty damn bad, and it hurts to walk or bend it. If it still hurts tomorrow, then I will just have to start lifting weights instead of running, which blows because I really need the cardio, but I don't want to do any kind of real damage to my knee. I will try to do a HIIT workout so I can at least get my heart rate up.

I have a rower that I can try, but that's usually bad for the herniated discs in my back. My last doctor told me to stay away from it, but maybe just a 15 minute session will be ok. I will listen to my body and see what it says. For now I am at least sticking to my healthier easting 6 days a week and 1 day of whatever I want. I will say, it's been 4 weeks and there has been no change, but I also know the scale doesn't mean a damn thing, so I am choosing to believe that somewhere internally changes are happening. Fat cells are shrinking, and soon I will notice the changes.....

40 minute walk during lunch. Great to be outside on any November day!

Managed to get my 60 push-ups and squats done today so that was a good start to the week

Going to keep it going as much as possible

Back