November Midwest Storm Check in.

Playdough

Hi.
Reaction score
Handicap
I looked around and didn't see a thread on this. I know that there are several hundred THP'ers that were in the path of this storm. Wanted to use this thread as a sort of check in for those that might have been affected and to be sure that all members are safe. In Indy we was very lucky as the city didnt get much than wind and rain. I know to the north of us in the Kokomo/Lebanon area they got hit and that the upper central part of Illinois was devastated. I know there was several storm reports in the Ohio area as well.

I personally didn't suffer any damage other than a patio chair cover getting ripped. But I know many, many others are not so lucky.

Got some wicked storms and wind, but the really bad stuff was about 90 miles south of us in coers, bhilln, and BradMorris's territory. Coers checked in, though he had some pretty crazy pics.

Saw this photo from Central Illinois, hope everyone is ok.
u2e3y4e8.jpg

iPhone 5 Tappin

Got pretty bad here. About 30 miles east of me got hit bad! Gas station and a couple houses gone. Didn't get a chance to see if I had any damage cuz of dark. Will be checking at lunch.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

I was stuck in Chicago due to it. It was crazy. I was at the airport. I am just getting out shortly. It was 68 degrees and then the wind hit. UGH

Thankfully most of it stayed south of me. We still had a lot of wind damage though. We had gusts up to 85 mph, so there are a lot of trees down today.

We went unscathed here. The wind was crazy, and still is sustained up to 30 with gusts in the 40s. The storms turned from red/yellow to green before it hit us and no tornados or anything here. Hope everyone is safe, some of the devastation is just terrible. This shouldn't be happening in November.

Severe wind damage in my area. Luckily no damage in my neighborhood. Hopefully everyone is alright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't see any damage at the house this morning and there was only some minor damage in our area trees and wires down from 60+ mph winds.

I do hope that all of our THPers and their families are safe!

Just a lot of wind and heavy rain in the city. I hope everyone downstate is ok.

Glad y'all are okay!! Know what it's like going thru that

Glad to hear most everyone is ok...I was watching my Twitter feed blow up with info and pics from the storms and I was thinking about you all in that area.

Got some wicked storms and wind, but the really bad stuff was about 90 miles south of us in coers, bhilln, and BradMorris's territory. Coers checked in, though he had some pretty crazy pics.

bhilln checked in in the NFL thread, he's good. Most of the big damage was in the town East of him I believe; he's in Peoria, bad damage was in Washington. So far there are 6 fatalities reported.

I'm pretty far North, so we didn't have anything real bad. Some pretty good gusts. Blew some stuff around in the yard, knocked over a section of fence in my back yard. One big gust made me jump back away from the window.

I knew my time would be limited when I hit the course, and the rain was just starting as I was headed back to my car. Then all hell broke loose the closer I got to home. We really didn't get nearly what the folks south of us did though.

My buddies house is gone in Washington. Luckily he was in Ohio for his anniversary watching Justin Timberlake.

Wow hope all of y'all in its path are ok. Is severe weather normal like this in November?

No. That's why when it does hit, it's bad.

When I saw the weather delay during the Bears game, I was thinking it wasn't something that was common.

I hate seeing the destruction these storms can cause, I hope every recovers quick, such devastation.

It's good to hear that everyone appears to be ok. Property damage sucks, but things can be replaced. Prayers to those that were not so lucky.

Good to see that all are OK so far.

I looked around and didn't see a thread on this. I know that there are several hundred THP'ers that were in the path of this storm. Wanted to use this thread as a sort of check in for those that might have been affected and to be sure that all members are safe. In Indy we was very lucky as the city didnt get much than wind and rain. I know to the north of us in the Kokomo/Lebanon area they got hit and that the upper central part of Illinois was devastated. I know there was several storm reports in the Ohio area as well.

I personally didn't suffer any damage other than a patio chair cover getting ripped. But I know many, many others are not so lucky.
Talked to my mom, 1.7 miles from the Colts stadium as the crow flies, and she said it was hit a 79mph gust. Yikes.

Everything is fine at my house. We just had some strong wind and rain. Luckily we got everything that could blow away in the garage before the storm hit. I think most of the damage was south of us.

Keep your heads down guys. Thinking of you over here.

Went and checked. No damage at my place. Good luck to those that did have damage.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Back