NOW OPEN: The 2021 Holiday Secret Gift Exchange

For the curlers absolutely! I have a personal rule that I won't drink until I am finished preparing the ice on account of walking backwards on ice with a 40 pound pack of water on my back. Today is a fun bonspiel targeted at new curlers. I have one more pebble to do and then I will have a beer before going home to Secret Santa.

This sounds like an unofficial THP golf/curling trip open to see not those who participate in the Secret Santa event!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got home from the in-laws today to my package, thanks Santa!

523B4F97-3E5C-4597-9670-13B9A4B7EB2B.jpeg

Love seeing all of these! Santa’s, y’all are killing it!!

Every time see that on TV I want to try it! Looks like fun
Would 100% recommend giving it a try! Some real skill is involved when making some shots. And as I’m sure @Junkyard would attest - the ice conditions are absolute paramount! Takes a certain skill to get the sheet just right.

Doing awesome Santa's!
Hoping to get mine out at some point this week

Checked from yesterday as we were at a wedding till late last night...

Only curling I do is 12oz curling!!!

Some awesome SS yesterday! Such a great thread!!!

Well- Finally got home and got to rip into my package from Santa. Holy smokes! Thank you very much!

Picked up my very first Funko Pop! (Richard Vernon fromThe Breakfast Club! Which is a great pick since I’m a school principal!!)

BagBoy hand warmer! Missed out on it when it was on sale! Thank you!

Putter grip from Golf Pride!

A Blue Blazer for those daysI need to dress up a bit on the course.

Some golf socks.

A new travel bag! (Wife literally said this morning that I needed a new one! This is perfect!)

And Bridgestone Tour BX Prototype balls! So super cool! I’m almost afraid to hit them as I don’t want to lose them!

Again, thank you so very much!

View attachment 9048209
View attachment 9048210
View attachment 9048212
That's a great looking haul from Santa!

Checked from yesterday as we were at a wedding till late last night...

Only curling I do is 12oz curling!!!

Some awesome SS yesterday! Such a great thread!!!

No 16oz tall boy curls? Pfft, up your game sir!

There was a package tucked inside the storm door when I arrived home this morning - I don't remember ordering anything so I'm guessing it's from my secret santa. I'm at the curling club right now but it will get opened up when I get home.
Curling fricking love it!!!

Well- Finally got home and got to rip into my package from Santa. Holy smokes! Thank you very much!

Picked up my very first Funko Pop! (Richard Vernon fromThe Breakfast Club! Which is a great pick since I’m a school principal!!)

BagBoy hand warmer! Missed out on it when it was on sale! Thank you!

Putter grip from Golf Pride!

A Blue Blazer for those daysI need to dress up a bit on the course.

Some golf socks.

A new travel bag! (Wife literally said this morning that I needed a new one! This is perfect!)

And Bridgestone Tour BX Prototype balls! So super cool! I’m almost afraid to hit them as I don’t want to lose them!

Again, thank you so very much!

View attachment 9048209
View attachment 9048210
View attachment 9048212
Ummm seriously…those balls aren’t even out yet!!! Heck of a job SS!!!

Would 100% recommend giving it a try! Some real skill is involved when making some shots. And as I’m sure @Junkyard would attest - the ice conditions are absolute paramount! Takes a certain skill to get the sheet just right.
The coverage on television has certainly helped to bring people into the sport - the challenge is keeping them.

So I have to assume that this is from my Secret Santa - there was no note or anything in the package, but since I don't have Bruins jerseys randomly being mailed to me I'm going with SS. Thank you! I think I will wear it today to curl. Sorry about the cost of postage - I thought USPS was more reasonable than here but this package suggests otherwise.
20211128_100722.jpg
20211128_100749.jpg

I'd be happy to do an unboxing video...I'm a pretty monotone and unemotional guy. Even if the package contained a golden ticket...people would get the impression that I wasn't impressed.

You should do one too though. That would be fun.
the "eyeroll" was just a token "c'mon man, a Golden Ticket" and you would be just..ho-hum. No disrespect but I know I'd be jumpy all over the place.

the "eyeroll" was just a token "c'mon man, a Golden Ticket" and you would be just..ho-hum. No disrespect but I know I'd be jumpy all over the place.
Lol gotcha.
I was just giving an extreme example for effect.

But for the record, I'd probably just chuckle and say "sweet" or something like that. Then I'd throw up when the video ended.

It's just the way I am.

Ummm seriously…those balls aren’t even out yet!!! Heck of a job SS!!!
Guess I may have to try them in the home sim then and see how they feel.

So I have to assume that this is from my Secret Santa - there was no note or anything in the package, but since I don't have Bruins jerseys randomly being mailed to me I'm going with SS. Thank you! I think I will wear it today to curl. Sorry about the cost of postage - I thought USPS was more reasonable than here but this package suggests otherwise.
View attachment 9048296
View attachment 9048298
I know right. I was texting with a THPer yesterday about the price of USPS. That place is insane, I guess I don't mail stuff very frequently because I was very off put with what I paid.

Purchased 98% of my gifts on Friday.
will hopefully be sending out mid/late week.

Purchased 98% of my gifts on Friday.
will hopefully be sending out mid/late week.
98% makes me feel like it's a lot of gifts! Make sure to include some red wines. ;)

Back