pingman222

Reaction score
Handicap
Slow Play
Headed to Waikiki on July 5th until the 14th, and looking to bring my clubs and play a couple rounds. I've seen the older threads on here and found a couple decent tracks through those. Any recent updates from the island? Anyone going to be in the area at the same time and want to play?

Also, bonus points for any courses that could also accomodate my 9 year old son, he will play, but probably not a full 18 or anything.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Get with where you are staying if possible as they could have a golf package for hotel guest.
I'll be staying as a guest of military, but he doesn't golf so I don't think I'd be able to get on any of the base courses unfortunately

I'm here on the island now and flew my clubs with me without having any tee times booked, but probably will be playing at ko'olina on a twilight time deal as they also would let my junior play for free at that time, so the cost for 2 works out to be not bad.

My big surprise here though is that I called Waialae CC, and found out that they would allow me reciprocal play as a member at a club back home. The biggest factor here being if it is worth it to fork over the $400usd.....has anyone played it and can push me to the brink on that decision?

I'm here on the island now and flew my clubs with me without having any tee times booked, but probably will be playing at ko'olina on a twilight time deal as they also would let my junior play for free at that time, so the cost for 2 works out to be not bad.

My big surprise here though is that I called Waialae CC, and found out that they would allow me reciprocal play as a member at a club back home. The biggest factor here being if it is worth it to fork over the $400usd.....has anyone played it and can push me to the brink on that decision?

I have played Waialae as a young kid. My grandfather was a member there. I don't remember a lot, but it is a good track. Not sure if it is worth $400 good. Waialae definitely has the Sony PGA tournament wow factor, but depends on if that is worth it to you. There are some good public courses on Oahu, but not what I would consider a lot of great ones. In my opinion, the best public course on Oahu is Turtle Bay Palmer course, but it is a drive to North Shore and it is pricey, but half the price of Waialae.

I’ve played Waialae and it has some views, plus it’s history, but I don’t think it’s worth $400.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back