oakley trying to sue McIlroy

INgolfer

Internet Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
pending
Something leads me to believe that Nike will just say "hello, talk to our army of lawyers" and this fizzles into nothing (or an out of court settlement).

Something leads me to believe that Nike will just say "hello, talk to our army of lawyers" and this fizzles into nothing (or an out of court settlement).

Agree with you here. I think if anything comes out of it the $$$ will come from Nike. They will make a lot more money off him than they will pay

Well, a contract is a contract. Should be interesting.

I wonder what will come of this.

From Nike:

Hey Oakley. I see you're suing us. Well we just bought you and we are dropping the suit against us. Thanks.

That's how I think that this may go.

I am kidding of course.

That's how I think that this may go.

I am kidding of course.

I thought the same thing. Too bad it comes to this for some.

Tapatalking on my iPhone 5!

Lets say he did breach his contract and not give them a chance to counter offer. I'm sure Nike is prepared to pay the cost. I don't think the Roi with Rory was that great. It's about saving face at this time

I'll be interested in this till they settle out of court haha

I agree that even if Nike has to pay, they will pay. It would just be change to them, its not like it is going to break their bank.

Both Oakley / Nike will both make a lot of coin just from this.
Genius move.

Generally you cannot get specific performance (i.e., force the other side to do what the contract called for) in a breach of contract dispute. So Oakley is pretty much looking at recovering monetary damages only.

But read the article which includes reference to an e-mail exchange where an Oakley executive makes certain statements indicating they aren't offering a 2013 contract. This may be nothing, too.

Kind of sounds like a last-ditch effort to keep McIlroy for another year.

Nike will win this one.

Nike will get to sign Rory, but if they have to pay damages to Oakley then that's not really a "win".

I wondered when this would come out.

I really don't think Oakley is so much looking to keep Rory, but more just be compensated ($).

I am sure Nike will pay whatever they have too....no big deal for them

I am sure Nike will pay whatever they have too....no big deal for them

Oakley: we want $10,000,000.

Nike: why such a small amount? Or is that supposed to be a lot of money?

Nike would rather hand over the money and be done with it then have it go through the courts

LOL Money and Greed.

Interesting lawsuit by Oakley, lets see what happens

I read this also but I don't think it will come to nothing, it's not as if Oakley is a small company and are less likely to be pushed about. Most likely end in a large settlement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back