Oakmont CC - Need two additional golfers

I'm active with charity purchases of these type plays. Oakmont is a deep deal. I'd suggest that you spell out the exact needs so as to filter your responses. I'm sure many thought this might be a show up and play with no monetary delivery. My guess is this is a 1000 plus round.
It’s definitely been mixed results in thus far honestly. I’m not trying to make a profit off this though. I care more about finding someone with the same travel drive and goals as I do to replace the loss. But no one is going to pay a large sum of money for some stranger to play a world class golf course.

Did this happen? Anyone from the forum go? Need pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOW What an experience.

Oakmont greens are unlike any anywhere. Many slope away as you approach. The speed on day of play was 15. I shot an 83 and hit some great shots. But achievement of the day was no 3 putts. Whispering Eagle was great to play with. Fabulous day. Got there at 7am for our 9:50 tee...So I had some time to walk around, chat with many and spent at least an hour trying to acclimate to the green speed.....As I lagged really well...Job well done.

Oakmont greens are unlike any anywhere. Many slope away as you approach. The speed on day of play was 15. I shot an 83 and hit some great shots. But achievement of the day was no 3 putts. Whispering Eagle was great to play with. Fabulous day. Got there at 7am for our 9:50 tee...So I had some time to walk around, chat with many and spent at least an hour trying to acclimate to the green speed.....As I lagged really well...Job well done.
Thats impressive! What distance did you play from?

Played off white tees at 6200 par 71. Caddies said white/blue not much difference. We normally say play the white and if you par the first few move back...So I started bogey/double/bogey....so white was fine for me. Made one bird. Just the one double. Was so tough to get chips to stay near the hole. The greens didn't punch you in the face and say HUGE SLOPE...They are subtle and with that speed when the ball turns it just doesn't stop. First hole I hit drive in right rough hit hybrid short left and the pin was on front right. I hit what the caddie said was a great shot, I thought it was a great shot it trundled by the hole and just kept going and going and going...it stopped 40 feet away. And I lagged that up to 2 feet.

So crazy occurrence of the day....I'm on range and a guy is screwing in arccos sensors. I go over and tell him he needs grips like mine. He grabs my club and says Wow, I didn't realize you could get the GP Tour Velvet Align with the sensors built in....Reaches out shakes my hand and says Hi I'm Sal Syed the founder of Arccos....He took a selfie of us. He's a member at Oakmont and our Morgan Cup Captain Yags is playing with Sal next week at Oakmont. Small World...Sal and I chatted about THP and the Morgan Cup. He's a big fan of THP...Great Guy.

So crazy occurrence of the day....I'm on range and a guy is screwing in arccos sensors. I go over and tell him he needs grips like mine. He grabs my club and says Wow, I didn't realize you could get the GP Tour Velvet Align with the sensors built in....Reaches out shakes my hand and says Hi I'm Sal Syed the founder of Arccos....He took a selfie of us. He's a member at Oakmont and our Morgan Cup Captain Yags is playing with Sal next week at Oakmont. Small World...Sal and I chatted about THP and the Morgan Cup. He's a big fan of THP...Great Guy.
That's pretty cool!

Sal Syed and Thegolftraveldude[Doug Roberts]

Um wow thats a cool story. How does the founder of Arccos not know about Cobra Connect grips though? :ROFLMAO:

Um wow thats a cool story. How does the founder of Arccos not know about Cobra Connect grips though? :ROFLMAO:
He knows all about them but not that GP TV Align....as I ordered my clubs a few had align as an option and a few didn't...So I figured if they offer in a club I should be able to get them in all of them....And I did. ;)

Absolutely unreal, glad you got to enjoy that absolute beauty of a course!

That's amazing! Biggest surprise to me was the number of groups on the course. Was this an event or does Oakmont really get that much play?

That's amazing! Biggest surprise to me was the number of groups on the course. Was this an event or does Oakmont really get that much play?
So from what the member said, it really is busy on the guest days. The course tends to be packed and the tee time actually needed to be booked about two months in advance because the days would fill up. On member only days, the course is busy but not to that extent. It is a course that tee times are required and walk ons usually are not possible.

Every 10 minutes all day every day a group tees off. It's a very active membership.

Absolutely unreal, glad you got to enjoy that absolute beauty of a course!
Each time you visit one of the premier places it is special. Each place seems to have their own personality. Oakmont was very unpretentious. The member was very friendly and a joy to be with. I have had the pleasure to visit about 2/3rds of the Top 25 in the World. I'm always amazed by how you are treated at the places you believe are the most difficult to get on while then visiting your local private in Oshkosh and they beat you up side the head letting you know they are private.....This attitude is why I have gone overseas for 24 years in a row. You don't get any attitude overseas except...."So glad you have decided to visit us"

Each time you visit one of the premier places it is special. Each place seems to have their own personality. Oakmont was very unpretentious. The member was very friendly and a joy to be with. I have had the pleasure to visit about 2/3rds of the Top 25 in the World. I'm always amazed by how you are treated at the places you believe are the most difficult to get on while then visiting your local private in Oshkosh and they beat you up side the head letting you know they are private.....This attitude is why I have gone overseas for 24 years in a row. You don't get any attitude overseas except...."So glad you have decided to visit us"

Absolutely love that attitude. No pretentiousness, it's almost as if they're just as eaten up by golf and the fact they're playing the same course you are. They embrace the history, the difficulty, and the great conditions just the same.

Back