Oban Driver shafts

NoShanks

Grandaddy 19 Alumni
Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone have any experience hitting the oban kiyoshi tour limited or white shafts? especially the high swing speed hitters?

I am playing the Kiyoshi Tour Limited in a Ping G410, it is my second time playing it in different driver heads. It is a mid launch and for me, low spin (even though it says low mid spin). It does not play as firm as some other shafts that I have played, but it is very consistent from swing to swing.

I played the Kiyoshi White briefly as well, was not as happy with it compared to the Tour Limited, not quite as smooth through impact for me, would work well for a quicker tempo swing. Got good numbers with it, but just didn't feel the kick as much through impact.

Anyone have any experience hitting the oban kiyoshi tour limited or white shafts? especially the high swing speed hitters?
In the one and only driver fitting I've ever had. The 3 standout shafts were the Pro Orange which I already had followed by the kiyoshi limited and kiyoshi black. Out of those 3, the limited felt the best. So smooth. Produced really good numbers. In the end I opted to stick with the orange as the numbers were slightly better and I already owned it.

Have not hit the white.

PURCHASED A G400 ABOUT 6 WEEKS AGO, CAME WITH CB65 STIFF, HATED IT, GOT A TENSIE CK BLUE...HATED IT, GOT A MATRIX OXIK CODE7.1 ...RETIPPED AND PUT IT IN MY CALLAWAY DRIVER.. THEN GOT A OBAN DEVOTION 6-4 LOVED IT!!!!!!! UNTIL 5 ROUND AND TIP SNAPPED OFF. HAD TO GET IT TIPPED AND EXTENDED, UNLOVE IT NOW... BRIGHT SIDE ANOTHER OBAN 6-4 SHOULD BE HERE TODAY. SAD PART IS I'M ABOUT $800 INTO THIS DRIVER. GONNA TAKE A LOT OF 3 ON 3 $90 BETS TO COVER THAT PURCHASE. I WAS THINKING OF GETTING THE KIOYSHI WHITE STIFF BUT COULD NOT FIND ONE FOR THE MONEY I WAS WILLING TO PAY. STILL THINK THEY ARE TOP 3 SHAFTS ON THE MARKET.

I have tried both, as with anything Oban, they are great shafts. I felt the tour limited spun a little too much for me and didn't feel great. The white performed better and felt better in my opinion.

I am around 121-123 club head speed and 179-182 ball speed. I look for spin numbers generally in the low 2000s. If can get regular numbers in the 2100-2200 range I am very happy. I like mid launch shafts as I tend to hit the ball lower. So I want to be in the 12-13 launch angle range.

The tour limited gave me spin numbers in the 2500-2600 range and launched around 13'ish. the white was right at 2200 with better feel. Plus the white looks awesome.

As with all these things your mileage may vary and feel is very very subjective. I think with a little dialing in the tour limited could perform better, but I didn't like how it felt.

I have tried both, as with anything Oban, they are great shafts. I felt the tour limited spun a little too much for me and didn't feel great. The white performed better and felt better in my opinion.

I am around 121-123 club head speed and 179-182 ball speed. I look for spin numbers generally in the low 2000s. If can get regular numbers in the 2100-2200 range I am very happy. I like mid launch shafts as I tend to hit the ball lower. So I want to be in the 12-13 launch angle range.

The tour limited gave me spin numbers in the 2500-2600 range and launched around 13'ish. the white was right at 2200 with better feel. Plus the white looks awesome.

As with all these things your mileage may vary and feel is very very subjective. I think with a little dialing in the tour limited could perform better, but I didn't like how it felt.
I HIT MY BUDDIES EPIC FLASH WITH TOUR LIMITED STIFF SHAFT.. THAT IS WHEN I FELL IN LOVE WITH OBAN SHAFTS. I'M A 260-280 YRD HITTER AND THE CONFIDENCE AND ABILITY TOHIT NEARLY EVERY FAIRWAY WITH MY OBAN IS A GREAT FEELING. AND TO TOP IT OFF THAT SHAFT DRIVER OFF THE DECK IS AWESOME ALSO!! THAT BECAME MY 2ND FAV SHOT WITH THAT SHAFT /DRIVER COMBO.

The Kiyoshi is hands down the best driver shaft I ever used.

Oban Devotion has been the unicorn shaft for my driver. I’ve tried Elements Chrome, EvenFlow Black HC, and also the Devotion High Balance (the counterbalanced version of Devotion) but keep going back to the OG blue version.

Back