OC MD course recommendations

RH#1

Reaction score
Handicap
Planning a trip to OCMD this fall. I've never been there before. We'll be playing 4 rounds. My initial lineup is Newport Bay course & afternoon replay at Seaside course, followed by rounds at Rum Point & Baywood Greens on the trip back home to NJ.

Are there any courses that are absolute "must play" over the ones I listed? Let me know your choices and reasons why.

We aren't single-digit cappers as we all struggle to break 80. One dude is just getting under 100.

Thats a good lineup of courses. Rum Point is tough because the wind always blows there. Baywood is a beautiful course but now is the time to play there...Incredible flowers and landscaping in the spring!!!Not sure about the fall but I really like the layout. Newport Bay is a great track, lots of fun to play...Seaside will be a welcome 18 after playing Newport Bay. Seaside is wide open, first place I ever shot par!!!
Only courses missing that I prefer, Eagles Landing and Lighthouse Sound...Eagles Landing is a great layout and always in pretty good shape...Lighthouse Sound may be the best course in the area but it is a tough track.
With the guys you have going, I wouldn't change a thing in your lineup...

Hope this helps,
Joe

I would second Lighthouse Sound as well. Got to play it a couple of years ago as part of a THP event at Rum Pointe. Really enjoyed Lighthouse sound and would recommend it.

I've played Rum Pointe and its a solid track but gets tough when the wind rises. Enjoy!!!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

agree with the previous posters, Rum pointe is super fun, but can be tricky with the winds.

Lighthouse Sound is a fantastic track, but one of the hardest course I have played.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I was thinking of swapping out Newport Bay with Ocean Pines. It's a RTJ Sr design. My home course in NJ was designed by him and I like the layout - always a challenge. Anyone familiar with this one?

Thanks for all the suggestions. I was thinking of swapping out Newport Bay with Ocean Pines. It's a RTJ Sr design. My home course in NJ was designed by him and I like the layout - always a challenge. Anyone familiar with this one?

yup...played it a bunch..friend of mine has house in Ocean Pines.....Stay at Newport Bay....Great course!

Im surprised that no one mentioned Baywood greens, I believe it is the best golf course down there in the area. I have played it many times and the scenery and staff is unbelievable.

Im surprised that no one mentioned Baywood greens, I believe it is the best golf course down there in the area. I have played it many times and the scenery and staff is unbelievable.

Second this man! I got married at Baywood and it is incredible. It is a must play if you are down there

Lighthouse sound & Rum Pointe are awesome tracks! Have fun playing in the wind though :act-up:

I've played Newport Bay, Eagles Landing, Bay Club, and River Run. Haven't had a chance to play Lighthouse Sound or Rum Pointe but definitely would like to. I always enjoyed River Run, with its two 9's being so different, but it's been 15 years since I played it, so it may have changed.

Back