odd request re: skin care

I am a St Ives fan as well as Gold Bond

I use bag balm here during MN winters. Works for me.

Aquaphor.

on day 2 of this, only because i've been too lazy to get anything else, and it's what my wife uses on our kids when they have irritated skin. i just hate how it doesn't absorb into my hands, and gets grease everywhere when i brush up against clothes, papers on my desk, etc.

As a pharmacist, for really dry hands, plain Vaseline is the most occlusive "moisturizer" you can get.

Moisturizers to not add moisture to the skin, it stops moisture from evaporating.

Try Vaseline at night, and then put on a pair of white gloves. If that is too greasy, try a ointment/lotion with a high petrolatum content.

my wife is a pharmacist. you used the word "occlusive," makes me think about ever time my wife goes nuts when someone uses osmosis (eg "i can't learn this through osmosis").

on day 2 of this, only because i've been too lazy to get anything else, and it's what my wife uses on our kids when they have irritated skin. i just hate how it doesn't absorb into my hands, and gets grease everywhere when i brush up against clothes, papers on my desk, etc.

Yep, that's why I don't use it. Don't like how it stays greasy.

http://www.target.com/p/2-7oz-o-kee...pid=14278332&gclid=CK6X2P2Z4sMCFXJp7Aod01QARw

yes, working hands by O'keefe. I have to wash my hands several times a day and this stuff clears up the cracks within a couple days. Now I use it twice daily to prevent the cracks and haven't had a problem for two years.

reviving my own old thread, and came to say i just bought some of this. it's that time of year, and my hands are starting to suffer. it's funny, i probably only wear a golf glove a total of 90 minutes a week when i practice chipping during my lunch break, or hit balls for an hour on the weekends, but the damage to the back of my gloved hand lasts all week. this morning is the first trial run with o'keeffe's. so far i already like that it doesn't smell, and it went on and absorbed well without much of a mess.

I also have a question for fellow golfers around skincare. A few of you seem to be recommending specific products for dry hands or face. How did you guys find these products and figure out they we're working and improving your skin?

When I was into radio control racing I was using chemicals that would get on my hands and cause severe dry skin which led to bad eczema.

I ended up trying Cetaphil which was recommended by my Dr.

Mainly just apply in the morning and again at night before I went to bed. It's around $10 a bottle but can usually be found cheaper if you have a Sams club, etc membership. What's best is it's the only hand creme I've found that doesn't feel greasy. And never got eczema again since using it.

My face would often get dry in the winter and I tried the Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser and it works great too. I keep it in the shower for my face only and then just use a normal body wash for the rest of me.

Never hurts to drink a lot water too and hydrate from the inside out.

I also have a question for fellow golfers around skincare. A few of you seem to be recommending specific products for dry hands or face. How did you guys find these products and figure out they we're working and improving your skin?

for me, starting this thread was how i landed on o'keefe's working hands. it's really good stuff, not persistently greasy, and effective. i tried lots of other products and this seemed to work best for me.

I use Neutrogena Hand Cream. It works amazingly well and really takes good care of your hands. It's not greasy, and you can get it either with or without fragrance (though the fragrance is really mild). Here's a link on Amazon, but you can also find it at most pharmacy/grocery/big box stores! http://www.amazon.com/Neutrogena-Cr...3930329&sr=8-1&keywords=neutrogena+hand+cream

This one. Big time

Ditto. Many other good suggestions on here, but this is one my wife suggested and we both find it to be outstanding.

Reviving this thread to hopefully get some more thoughts.

As of late, my hands (mostly thumbs) have been cracking and bleeding and cause so much pain when playing golf. It's to the point where I do not want to play or even hit balls anymore. When I do try to overcome and play, I wrap my thumbs with athletic tape as that seems to prevent the cracking but this can't be the solution. I try to apply as much lotion as possible during the day and night but no matter how much the thumbs heal in between, they always tend to revert back to the cracking and sandpaper like feeling immediately after the round.

I've even tried different grip brands (Golf Pride, Lamkin, not yet Winn) and gloves (leather, synthetic, no glove), but nothing seems to work and it's getting very frustrating because it's making me believe I'll need to hang up the clubs for good.

Has anyone used any of these products mid-round on the non-gloved hand? My right hand get very dry in the winter months while playing or even hitting balls at the range for extended periods. I'd love to find a lotion that I could apply mid-round that wouldn't leave me with a greasy hand that I couldn't grip a club with.

echoing Working hands. My hands get extremely dry and cracked, and then bleed in the winter months here, and this is the only stuff that works for me. plus, it's called working hands so you know you're still a man. haha

1578349035762.png

My wife makes ours. Depending on the dryness or conditions, she’s got a couple different concoctions. She makes ointments, balms, salves, lotions, creams and gels. Depending on the formulation, they’ll be specific to different functions (hand vs. face etc.)
I don’t like the greasy feeling of most lotions, so my wife made me a an oil-free gel with strong humectant properties.

I use jergens for daily

vaseline when i get really dry

My hands crack in the winter, always have since I was a kid. Then I started developing some random eczema on my hands. My dermatologist recommended CeraVe moisturizing cream. Kinda expensive at $15 a tub, but the stuff works great and doesn't feel slimy or oily.

61vwcMvNIOL._SX425_.jpg

KP Duty works great, no scent, non-greasy, a little goes a long way

Been a Jergens user since puberty.

echoing Working hands. My hands get extremely dry and cracked, and then bleed in the winter months here, and this is the only stuff that works for me. plus, it's called working hands so you know you're still a man. haha
One more vote for this; I was about to post a pic from the jar in my desk when I stopped skimming and saw it already posted. In my industry, we are always battling cracked skin on our hands and this works the best for me. I also use some soft tape on the course when I have problems.

50FFDB49-DCE3-42C9-816E-75CE172A00DE.jpeg

fact: i'm a dude
fact: i've never cared about skin care, hair care, or any other beauty product other than to silently judge my wife for the amount of $ she drops on that crap

question: does anybody here have a recommendation for a good lotion or hand cream to help dry, cracking, irritated skin on your glove hand?

reason for question: i've noticed over the last year or two that the back of my glove hand, especially in the lower-humidity winter months, can get dry, irritated, scaly and even crack around the knuckles after an hour or so of hitting balls. and this lasts for over a week even without putting a glove on again. i've tried switching glove manufacturers, and it happens with old and new gloves, so to me it's a skin thing more than a problem with specific gloves.

sorry for the metrosexual question on a golf forum, but before i go to my nearest ulta and ask about skincare products, i thought i'd (anonymously!!!) ask you fine folks first.

first of all, i was glad i went back and read the OP by @McLovin to figure out why i was being paged to this thread. lol

Secondly, of course i have a perfect answer that i use quite a bit for the exact same thing.
57315_alt_01.jpg

http://www.nocrack.com/

Has anyone used any of these products mid-round on the non-gloved hand? My right hand get very dry in the winter months while playing or even hitting balls at the range for extended periods. I'd love to find a lotion that I could apply mid-round that wouldn't leave me with a greasy hand that I couldn't grip a club with.
Either of these. The St. Ives is more readily available. The other is better but a little more costly and obviously only available at Trader Joes.

15783579547021838179786017190293.jpg15783579835475123595627002843601.jpg

We still talking about golf hands?:ROFLMAO:
Golf hands are important! I have some in my car for after rounds because my hands looks like a desert after a round. Full of cracks, flaky and dry! Gotta take care of them hands...or the missus would notice the amount of time I spend at the course ;)

This is more expensive than the Neutrogena but I’m liking it better:

If you know anyone who works in healthcare or if you're tight with your every day physician, ask them to get you some of this. This is what I use, smells nice, dries quickly and keeps my hands moisturized consistently.

Skin Repair Hand Lotion.JPG

Back