odd request re: skin care

Nutregena......but i been around a long time

Kiehl's. Less oily than most products out there. I didn't care about skin care until I started using their products

i was just out in colorado for a week. dry as a bone and cold af. i used working hands every day, multiple times a day. with my hands in and out of gloves, it was a must. and my hands did great. workings hands ftmfw

Udder Cream is the best.

Udder Cream is the best.
Imagine that, the milk man recommends udder cream :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.

O’keefe working hands.
Whatever you decide to go with I would recommend getting a cotton glove to wear at night after you put the lotion on. My dad has very cracked skin from working with salt products and this is what he does.

This thread has been very interesting. This winter has been especially brutal on my dry hands. Tips of my fingers even got some cracks that really hurt. I've been using aquaphor but I'll have to try some of these others.

Me too. I keep getting this splits on my rt thumb right above the end of the nail. New Skin (a brush on, liquid bandage) has helped with these. I've never gotten these before, but then again I've played more golf this winter.

I just started using Udderly Smooth on the recommendation from my best friends wife. We'll see if it helps.

I’ll second the New Skin (or whatever liquid bandage brand you can find) for those cracks that appear on fingertips/thumbs around the front edges of the nail beds. Can’t get more occlusive than that and it clears up those trouble spots pretty quick. I would also imagine you could use this on the course a little easier than the other products

All you guys with silky soft hands..... color me jealous! Clearly need to step up my lotion game

I believe cetaphil works pretty well, too.
This, i work in an OR and scrub in/out etc. My hands get dry from constant washing so I had to develop a skin care routine. So it's cetaphil a few times a day after I wash my hands or shower. It only takes a couple of seconds once you get a routine down and have lotion available (shower, bathroom sink, kitchen sink etc.)

For the back of the hand, the best I've tried is Aveeno 24 hr.

When I'm getting sick in the winter months, the backs of my hands will very strangely dry out.

The worst, my knuckles. Due to their rapid drying and loss of elasticity, they'll crack and bleed. Sometimes a lot!

Aveeno 24 hr soothes and moisturizes very quickly. Although still symptomatic with my illness (usually triggered by sinus infection), my hand issues clear in one day.

It does feel greasy so I can't recommend it for palm/front of the hands and fingers symptoms as per golf.

fact: i'm a dude
fact: i've never cared about skin care, hair care, or any other beauty product other than to silently judge my wife for the amount of $ she drops on that crap

Alpha Skin Care Body Lotion - on Amazon. Also helps with crepey skin - start looking around and behind your knees and leg, and around elbows, and just above them when you get around 55 - that crepey stuff. Anyway, good luck!

Usually, I use hand cream because of dry skin. I use my wife's creams, because I do not know how to choose it and do not understand it at all. Often the cream does not help me, because it all depends on the time of year and on the products that I eat. It turns out that this also has a very strong effect on the skin, I read this on https://www.vitalskinderm.com/blog/5-types-of-food-that-cause-acne/. Also, along with the dryness of the skin on the hands, the skin on the face also becomes dry and pimples appear. It's all very interconnected. After I excluded harmful products from my diet, the problem was solved and there was no need for the cream.

Last edited:
fact: i'm a dude
fact: i've never cared about skin care, hair care, or any other beauty product other than to silently judge my wife for the amount of $ she drops on that crap

question: does anybody here have a recommendation for a good lotion or hand cream to help dry, cracking, irritated skin on your glove hand?

reason for question: i've noticed over the last year or two that the back of my glove hand, especially in the lower-humidity winter months, can get dry, irritated, scaly and even crack around the knuckles after an hour or so of hitting balls. and this lasts for over a week even without putting a glove on again. i've tried switching glove manufacturers, and it happens with old and new gloves, so to me it's a skin thing more than a problem with specific gloves.

sorry for the metrosexual question on a golf forum, but before i go to my nearest ulta and ask about skincare products, i thought i'd (anonymously!!!) ask you fine folks first.

A metrosexual question would be do you prefer Jack Black Skin Care or Kiehls?:oops:

Haven't decided.:unsure:

Thanks @McLovin for the OP and to those that responded. I learned quite a bit from this one.

Thanks @McLovin for the OP and to those that responded. I learned quite a bit from this one.

yo ken!!!! hope you're well, my friend. fwiw i have landed on o'keefe's working hands.

I've had trouble with dry hands and cracking skin for years--particularly in wintertime or whenever I do a lot of extra hand-washing.

My hands crack in the winter, always have since I was a kid. Then I started developing some random eczema on my hands. My dermatologist recommended CeraVe moisturizing cream.
CeraVe is great. It moisturizes well and, unlike many skin creams, doesn't leave a long-lasting "oily" residue. (Particularly important when you're going to be gripping golf clubs, for example.)

But it doesn't work as well for repair, healing cracks you already have, as Gold Bond Ultimate Healing. When I stop paying attention, neglect to keep my hand moisturized, and develop cracks, the Gold Bond I apply at night, before going to bed. I don't just wipe it on, I spend several minutes massaging it in--particularly areas that have already cracked. (Even with that I can still feel it on my hands the following morning.)

I believe cetaphil works pretty well, too.
That's what I was going to suggest. It's a nice thick cream but doesn't leave your hands feeling oily.

That's what I was going to suggest. It's a nice thick cream but doesn't leave your hands feeling oily.

that was a big thing for me. i didn't want that greasy feeling, and also didn't want any scent.

A metrosexual question would be do you prefer Jack Black Skin Care or Kiehls?:oops:

Haven't decided.:unsure:

For the record, I don't consider this to be a metrosexual question. I have not tried Kiehl's but the Jack Black hand cream has kicked the Neutrogena Norwegian Hand Cream out of the bag. My wife has had the same reaction. And we both really liked the Neutrogena. The Jack Black is easier to work, is more readily absorbed, and produces better results.

that was a big thing for me. i didn't want that greasy feeling, and also didn't want any scent.
The Cetaphil doesn't have a scent either. It's a little pricey but a little goes a long way.

I have absolutely the worst driest hands. I get cracks and almost deep borderline lacerations all over my fingers. The dry California weather doesn’t help either.
Working Hands OR Vaseline, specifically for intense dry treatment.

And no this is not a weird meterosexual question at all. Sometimes, it gets so bad, I feel like I need treatment from my doctor.

Back