Odyssey Exp Seven S (7s)

JW Smoove

Waffles, always waffles
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
🧇
Anyone use this one or have an opinion? Or any of the other 7s models?

Not sure why, but in jonesing for one of the 7's and I'm not a big fan of double bend shafts.

I'm off Sunday to test drive dine at my local golf stair store, but actual used opinions can't be beat.

Thanks!

I love the Seven S shape. The S slant necks are great for people who have some arc to their putting stroke but want to have the benefits of the stable mallet shapes. Not only does that fit my stroke, but I like how the S neck only has like a 1/2 or so shaft offset compared to the double bend. For me that is a big visual deal on the alignment. I’ve had the EXO Seven S for three years now. It’s a great option depending on your stroke and what is visually appealing to you.

Thanks, hoping to try one tomorrow. I like the shape, I like the 'near face balance'. I like a plumbers neck, so the slant neck should be the logical compromise.

We'll see how it goes. Thanks again.

I play this one.

Cherry red stroke lab a possibility for the THP green 7s?:)
That would look great. It’s got a Proto shaft in it now that hits in a few months that I think people are going to enjoy.

That is a remarkable shade of green!. I like it. Did you remove the insert as well. There used to be a person who sold replacement inserts on eBay I think. Carbon fiber, copper, etc.

Not going to try the new kbs one step?

I play the EXO Seven S. Perfect fit for me and the best putter I've had. It's great. I've tried others just to see if the grass is greener and I always come back to this.

Thanks what did you play before? I play a semi mallet blade, del Mar long slant, which is also not quite face balanced.

That is a remarkable shade of green!. I like it. Did you remove the insert as well. There used to be a person who sold replacement inserts on eBay I think. Carbon fiber, copper, etc.

Not going to try the new kbs one step?
No, I didn’t do it myself. Sean Toulon did it for me at Odyssey for THP Green.

I have the One Step here but this one has something else in it currently.

Nice. Good to have friends in high places!

Thanks what did you play before? I play a semi mallet blade, del Mar long slant, which is also not quite face balanced.
I had a TM Spider with the double bend neck. It was fine but getting the EXO at a THP event and the guys at Odyssey helping get it fit for me was a total game changer for me. The S neck is really the perfect thing for my putting. Toe hang mallet shapes are great for me.

Good to know. I thought the toe hang was less than typical, if that makes sense, sort of in between face balance and anser toe hang?

Good to know. I thought the toe hang was less than typical, if that makes sense, sort of in between face balance and anser toe hang?
I believe most mallets are pretty face balanced but Odyssey does have several models with toe hang in recent years. I believe the EXO is about 30*. My Spider was face balanced but I do have a slight arc to my path.

Thanks.

I play the EXO Seven S. Perfect fit for me and the best putter I've had. It's great. I've tried others just to see if the grass is greener and I always come back to this.

Was coming to post the same. I love the 7s. Was fitted into it years ago and would never change. Of course today I tried a new white hot blade and loved it. But even still I’m keeping the EXO 7s.

Good to hear, thanks

Was coming to post the same. I love the 7s. Was fitted into it years ago and would never change. Of course today I tried a new white hot blade and loved it. But even still I’m keeping the EXO 7s.
My only regret is that I never got to try the stroke lab version of it since I never saw any lefthanded versions in stores and I'll certainly give the new 2 Ball Ten S neck a spin if I see one.

Ordered the standard shaft version Sunday on CPO. Would have gone with the fancy shaft, but it wear not available in the length I prefer. it will arrive with the super stroke grip which I will remove to a stitch neck leather grip.

Also thinking about possible reshaft. Any idea what size tip?

Just a quick follow up.

I've had the putter for a week. A few issues that Callaway preowned is resolving. I put a midsize gripmaster perforated grip on and have been using my accelerator putting mat. 60-100 putts every other day. 3,5,7 and kinda sorta 9 feet.

I'm missing 1-3 per session, about half are pulls 1/2 chip left, and the rest are short, at th le lip of the cup.

If the weather holds and I have some time, will hit it on grass Sunday.

Not sure if I'll swap shafts at this time, Callaway thinks it's a .370 tip but the rep was not 100% confident. When I tested the stroke lab shafts I was consistently leaving putts about 6" short from a variety of distances.

Certainly a lot of variables, face insert, 7s model and head weight, carpet at test location vs accelerator pad, etc.

Anyway, thanks to all for your input and opinions, at this stage I'm very very happy with this putter.

bought Seven S with Stroke Lab last fall. only used it a few times but really like it.

Back