Odyssey O-Works Putters Review Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Looking forward to giving these a roll....thanks JB.

Cant wait to see what the Grandaddy guys have to say.

I like the technology story and design. Lucky for me there isn't a head shape that jumps out as a must own.

I'll be waiting to see what what those that have this one in the bag think.

The odyssey twitter handle posted a quick text conversation with Phil Mickelson and he looooves this insert. Can't wait to hear more from the Grandaddy guys about these

Dang, what does Odyssey have against making another 330M design?? It's been a few years.

The 1w has my attention! Can't wait to hear from the lucky guys that got them at the GD!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a good looking putter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This sounds like a break through to me. The idea of getting the ball rolling faster is something I've always strived for on Bermuda greens. This is top in my list to try in the #1W.

Really long forward to the reviews on these. Tech makes sense.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Definitely looking forward to hearing from the Grandaddy guys on these. The Microhinge Insert sounds like a game changer! Love seeing a #6 head shape back in the lineup.

I love the thought behind the technology, it definitely makes sense. They are really good looking as well which is a huge win. I'm looking forward to feedback from the Grandaddy guys.

Will start with a few photos

b124e03d901b4f655dc98eb93d16c4ab.jpg

73ae76e8916d203f0f4a8beb2ff163ba.jpg

A few more

9ae4f96c5b2a734a9161244b6695b830.jpg

b8cc782820dd654ed80b4c25d035426f.jpg

0f7f5a4ed8daf62b1ccfff04635038f5.jpg

1f407e76509b32fa4d6de37ae4938112.jpg

Am I reading it correctly that these are all counter balanced? How heavy are the weights and are they offering the usual weight kit?

I'm going to have to update my equipment pondering post. Can't wait to hear more about the tech. I've always had issues with skidding and hopping on long putts. Keeps my 3 putt percentage way too high

I'm digging the 1 Wide, and the additional alignment aid that comes with this line.

Defintely some good looking putters and the tech sounds legit. Can't wait to hear what the Grandaddy guys have to say about the performance.

A few quick thoughts.
The microhinge works and is by far the best feeling insert they have ever put out . Gets the ball rolling fast and feels great.
The weight in the grip is something that took me a few holes to get used to but once I got used to the feel it is definitely something that helps with consistency of my path.

They did a fantastic job with the shape and looks overall is solid. It has a bit going on color wise and design wise on the sole but it flows with the putter and is not to much imo.

One thing to note, Team Unity only had 2 models to select from in the O-Works line. We could pick a #1 or a 2-Ball, since the others were not ready yet. So the pictures you will see from us will only be of those 2 models. I decided to go with the #1 as I had more experience playing a blade putter than a full mallet.

The best place to start is with the Microhinge face. It is designed to provide a bit more topspin and roll at impact which gets the ball rolling faster and better right away. Basically its designed to help get rid of those annoying hops and skids that sometimes happen right after impact. I can tell you 100% it is great at doing this. I cannot remember having a putt skip or hop off the face over 45 holes and this leads to great distance control. The roll is awesome and so true. The feel off the face is pretty soft in my opinion and feels great.

The looks: I will admit, I didn't love the look at first. I generally prefer a more traditional look, and found the color scheme took a little bit of getting used to. Having said that, it is growing on me. It really does help with alignment. I'm especially a fan of the red line. It really catches your eye to make sure it is lined up where you want it. I found this to be especially helpful on short putts.

Overall, I think Odyssey has a real winner on its hands with this putter. The highlight of the putter for me is the new face insert. It does an exceptional job getting the ball rolling fast and true at impact. You couple that with a really great feel and sound, and you have the perfect insert.

I would love to try this out in a few more shapes, maybe a mid-mallet like the Rossie, which is a shape I played for years in a past model and loved.

One thing to note, Team Unity only had 2 models to select from in the O-Works line. We could pick a #1 or a 2-Ball, since the others were not ready yet. So the pictures you will see from us will only be of those 2 models. I decided to go with the #1 as I had more experience playing a blade putter than a full mallet.

The best place to start is with the Microhinge face. It is designed to provide a bit more topspin and roll at impact which gets the ball rolling faster and better right away. Basically its designed to help get rid of those annoying hops and skids that sometimes happen right after impact. I can tell you 100% it is great at doing this. I cannot remember having a putt skip or hop off the face over 45 holes and this leads to great distance control. The roll is awesome and so true. The feel off the face is pretty soft in my opinion and feels great.

The looks: I will admit, I didn't love the look at first. I generally prefer a more traditional look, and found the color scheme took a little bit of getting used to. Having said that, it is growing on me. It really does help with alignment. I'm especially a fan of the red line. It really catches your eye to make sure it is lined up where you want it. I found this to be especially helpful on short putts.

Overall, I think Odyssey has a real winner on its hands with this putter. The highlight of the putter for me is the new face insert. It does an exceptional job getting the ball rolling fast and true at impact. You couple that with a really great feel and sound, and you have the perfect insert.

I would love to try this out in a few more shapes, maybe a mid-mallet like the Rossie, which is a shape I played for years in a past model and loved.

You answered literally every question I had on performance. I'm sold

Weight in the grip not sure exactly how heavy this is. The grip itself is a Superstroke Pistol GT Tour

85fc995c49d4963a2f340254b7261d21.jpg

Then a few more to show the cavity and sole

6e132851a293e8765c8223b2bfef670c.jpg

13ce1d5285b25bdf599372ceb7596564.jpg

Will they be adding any new head shapes to this line?

Back