Odyssey Stroke Lab Putter Thread

I’m actually dying to get my hands on a double wide with stroke lab. Might be something I could get comfortable with before the big event.

Had my lowest round of putts during men's league tonight. 14 putts on 9 holes. Went to a 2 hole playoff for low score pot and ended up taking the win! DoubleWide did not disappoint!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I'm bummed out, I cannot get used to the insert. This is my first putter with one and I am not liking it. I must have spent 8 hours on the putting green so far. Its on LetGo now.

Really struggling with putting, pondering a MarxMan S with a pistol grip again.

AnthonyC;n8892358 said:
I'm bummed out, I cannot get used to the insert. This is my first putter with one and I am not liking it. I must have spent 8 hours on the putting green so far. Its on LetGo now.

I've always hated insert putters, but this one I really like.

AnthonyC;n8892358 said:

Which model?

zbeekner4;n8891886 said:
I’m actually dying to get my hands on a double wide with stroke lab. Might be something I could get comfortable with before the big event.

I just picked one up for my boy and he loves it. His putting was atrocious last season. It wasn't unusual for him to have 39+ putts in a round. He worked on it... A LOT... and got it down to 35 or so. With the Double Wide, I think he's gonna get it down to 32ish fairly easy and if he really practices and puts his head to it, he might have a few sub-30 rounds.

baylrballa;n8886085 said:
too late, bought a one.

finally got out on the practice green for a bit over lunch.
still definitely honeymood period, but mirrors what I was seeing on the home mat. inside 20 feet this thing is deadly. I cant remember draining 3 straight ~15 footers much if ever, but did so multiple times in 30 minutes.

The feel and insert are definitely different with longer putts than what I'm used to. left many short, that'll take some time.

Still undecided on the stock pistol grip.

baylrballa;n8892815 said:
finally got out on the practice green for a bit over lunch.
still definitely honeymood period, but mirrors what I was seeing on the home mat. inside 20 feet this thing is deadly. I cant remember draining 3 straight ~15 footers much if ever, but did so multiple times in 30 minutes.

The feel and insert are definitely different with longer putts than what I'm used to. left many short, that'll take some time.

Still undecided on the stock pistol grip.

I put a SS Flatso 3.0 on mine and it's great! My boy uses the SS Pistol GT 1.0 w/ 50g counterweight and loves it.

OGputtnfool;n8892830 said:
I put a SS Flatso 3.0 on mine and it's great! My boy uses the SS Pistol GT 1.0 w/ 50g counterweight and loves it.

I'll give it some time. definitely different from the SS slim 3.0 Im used to. didn't like the stroke lab oversized when testing though.

I need to dig through the thread to figure out the weighting system.

baylrballa;n8892840 said:
I'll give it some time. definitely different from the SS slim 3.0 Im used to. didn't like the stroke lab oversized when testing though.

I need to dig through the thread to figure out the weighting system.

What do you want to know? The target weight is 105g at the butt end combined weight from grip and/or counterweight. My kid's grip weighs ~52g, I think, and his 50g weight got him to 102g. Close enough. My stock counterweight is 40g so my 63g weight got me right there, too.

The stock weight is either 30g or 40g depending on your stock grip (assuming no one messed with it if you got it used).

OGputtnfool;n8892846 said:
What do you want to know? The target weight is 105g at the butt end combined weight from grip and/or counterweight. My kid's grip weighs ~52g, I think, and his 50g weight got him to 102g. Close enough. My stock counterweight is 40g so my 63g weight got me right there, too.

The stock weight is either 30g or 40g depending on your stock grip (assuming no one messed with it if you got it used).

easy enough with the aftermarket counter balanced ones.

I thought I remembered the stock pistol and the oversided having different counterweights, which would dictate what other grips would be an option if i were to reuse it.

edit: i should finish reading your post before i reply, yeah that.

baylrballa;n8892851 said:
easy enough with the aftermarket counter balanced ones.

I thought I remembered the stock pistol and the oversided having different counterweights, which would dictate what other grips would be an option if i were to reuse it.

edit: i should finish reading your post before i reply, yeah that.

Yep. I had the OS grip and the 30g weight on mine. The Std grip has the 40g weight... I think.

I might grab one of these. The feel off the face of the Envroll is making me crazy. I cannot find a feel for distance control. And for some reason I am hitting the ball stupid well right now. Making a few birdie putts or just reducing the number of three-putt bogies would be kind of nice. I rolled a couple of these in a pro shop, and they have a nice feel. Although I have tended to avoid mallets, the Tuttle felt quite nice. I wish there were more models to try, but the end of season stock is spartan. I also like feel of the insert. These seem to do well on off center hits, one of the main reasons I went with the Envroll. But at this point I don't think I can even stand to look at that putter. So ... hmm.

edit: just did some testing with my putter, a V-line, and a spider. V-line at 34" is shortish for me, but dang I made a lot of putts. I couldn't get the ER3 near the hole on long putts. Night and day. I'll test the Tuttle tonight.

IMG_0743.jpg

Last edited:
Decision is made, SL 7S in the bag for tomorrow. Had a few good rounds in a row with EXO but SL is getting jealous.

OITW;n8892366 said:
Really struggling with putting, pondering a MarxMan S with a pistol grip again.
I'm actually thinking about picking this or the Vline S up this Christmas to try. Not sure yet but going to try and go to Edwin Watts tomorrow to see which I like better.

28 putts the last time out with my SL Three. I only hit 5 greens so that partly explains that number but no matter the reason, I'm always pumped up about having less than 30 putts in a round.

Got my SL Seven S a couple of days ago - haven't had a chance to roll anything yet on the greens only on carpet. One thing moving from my Evnroll ER2 blade to this mallet is that I can immediately see how much of an arch I have on my takeaway. Something I don't prefer to have. Also...I received the wrong grip (got the smaller pistol instead of what I ordered, the Oversize). So Callaway PO will re-ship me a new putter. Sigh...was hoping to practise and play with thing on Monday.

Played today with the SL V-line. At 34” it is on the short side for me, but the putting outcomes are solid. Alignment is super easy. Distance control is vastly better than the ER3 I was using. And the forgiveness is impressive. I would say this is the lowest learning curve putter I have ever tried. And nothing about the V-line look says “that’s my putter.” I just simply putt well with it. Pure desperation purchase so I would have a putter to use. One of my better impulse buys.

mtcowdog;n8895218 said:
Played today with the SL V-line. At 34� it is on the short side for me, but the putting outcomes are solid. Alignment is super easy. Distance control is vastly better than the ER3 I was using. And the forgiveness is impressive. I would say this is the lowest learning curve putter I have ever tried. And nothing about the V-line look says �that�s my putter.� I just simply putt well with it. Pure desperation purchase so I would have a putter to use. One of my better impulse buys.
I went to Edwin Watts today to test out the Vline and the Marxman and oh my, the Marxman is soooo money! I love the DoubleWide that I have but I will be picking up a Marxman-S SL this Christmas!

Played 9 holes today with mpeterson s Three today. It's 34" I struggled with putts outside of 20'. But it was money for me inside of 7'

The feel is wild, it's a consistent feel from the head to the grip and it's fantastic, point and shoot and nice easy stroke it, get's it done.

I'm pondering either a Three or a Nine, if anyone has any experience with the Nine, I would love to read the feedback.

I like Toe Hang in my putters and either the 61 or 62 should work, I just don't know which one will work better.

BlueHen2006;n8893621 said:
Decision is made, SL 7S in the bag for tomorrow. Had a few good rounds in a row with EXO but SL is getting jealous.

Oh boy, we got quite the race this year between both putters. SL 7S did exactly what I expected, plus some. Had probably 3-4 made ~10 footers today, and almost made a downhill ~20-25 footer for eagle after driving the green. Distance control is amazing and when I put a good stroke on it, the ball was rolling just great. Helped that the greens were in fantastic shape Friday, just makes the technology shine more on those days. I feel like a broken record but I have so much confidence with this club too that I just need to get the ball on the green and I am fine. 33 putts with 1 3 putt on the 17th, first and only one of the day. SL 7S is not getting a break next week, staying in the bag.

I had my worst putting day since putting the new SL into play on Saturday. I had 37 putts with four 3 putts. Just could not get distance right.

Back