Odyssey Stroke Lab Putter Thread

So while I am using an EXO version, this is more pertaining to the shaft, so i am going to ask it here, since more people are rolling these.

Has anybody come up with a good descriptor of what Stroke Lab is doing for them yet? I hear balance a lot. Getting some materials with quotes from tour players and they talk a lot about balance and better stroke, so was curious what THPers think.

So while I am using an EXO version, this is more pertaining to the shaft, so i am going to ask it here, since more people are rolling these.

Has anybody come up with a good descriptor of what Stroke Lab is doing for them yet? I hear balance a lot. Getting some materials with quotes from tour players and they talk a lot about balance and better stroke, so was curious what THPers think.
For me it's tempo. Once I figured out the tempo that worked for me it all fell into place and my distance control was so much improved over my old putter. It is hard to explain the feel of what the tech is doing but the tempo is one thing I can pinpoint that helped me tremendously.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

For me it's tempo. Once I figured out the tempo that worked for me it all fell into place and my distance control was so much improved over my old putter. It is hard to explain the feel of what the tech is doing but the tempo is one thing I can pinpoint that helped me tremendously.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

All along I've used the the word balanced to describe it but tempo it's another great word for it. It just seems easier to swing more consistently.

Balance and consistency are the two that come to mind for me

Balance and consistency seem to be the best words (to me at least).

Insert experience officially over. Great from 10 feet in. So inconsistent beyond that.

Insert experience officially over. Great from 10 feet in. So inconsistent beyond that.

What putter/putters did you use prior to this one? I've actually found this insert to be one of the best they have done in a while for distance putts.

What putter/putters did you use prior to this one? I've actually found this insert to be one of the best they have done in a while for distance putts.

this was my first dip into "premium" putters.

this is what has been in the bag the past 8 years. never like old insert putters i had either, thought this one might be different.

this was my first dip into "premium" putters.

this is what has been in the bag the past 8 years. never like old insert putters i had either, thought this one might be different.

Ahhhh, yea. So no, this is definitely full on insert feel/sound and everything. But that makes sense completely if you really didn't use inserts before. I've played inserts a lot over the past few years and this is one of their best they have ever done IMO.

I putted lights out this weekend with the DoubleWide! I can't wait to get the Marxman-S this Black Friday/Christmas!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

i can't say for sure whether the stroke lab shaft is the gamechanger for me because this putter has many changes from my previous putter that i did love.

my last putter had a small lamkin pistol grip. my tuttle has a flatso 3.0.

my last putter had a slant neck. my tuttle has a double-bend.

my last putter did not have stroke lab. obviously the tuttle does.

my last putter had a single sight line. my tuttle has 3 parallel sight lines.

before i was using regular balls with a single alignment aid. now i'm using triple track that aligns perfectly with the alignment aids on the tuttle.

my last putter was a 7 shape. i don't know for sure but i'm assuming the tuttle has more moi.

if i had to boil it down, i'd say my improved putting is mostly because of the triple track and tuttle alignment aid, followed by the higher moi (specifically on lag putts), followed by the different insert/grooves, and lastly by stroke lab. i have zero empirical evidence for any of these claims lol

I’ve put the stroke lab shaft on multiple putters now, because I’m crazy, and each time it feels like it improves the putter. IMO, or at least for me personally, I believe there is a benefit to the weighting distribution it helps accomplish.

Not sure if it has been said, or maybe I just missed it, but does anyone have an idea as to when the SL 10 is going to be released to the public?

The combination of the SL Marxman and the CSxTT is awesome. I had 29 putts yesterday (over 18 holes... not 9) that easily could have been 25 or 26. I burned so many edges.

Late to the party here, but the word I've used a lot lately to describe it is control. The club overall feels so much more controlling in my hands than any other putter. I don't feel like I am forcing the stroke as much as with other putters I've used previously. Maybe the extra weight in the grip end doesn't make me feel the weight of the club head as much, but that is something I enjoy with Stroke Lab and the overall feeling of the putter.

Odyssey please please please release an option to send in putters and/or be able to buy/install the stroke lab shaft. I understand why they don't, but selfishly I want a bunch of them haha.

Not sure if it has been said, or maybe I just missed it, but does anyone have an idea as to when the SL 10 is going to be released to the public?

No actual knowledge of anything behind the scenes but just going off social media, i recall them mentioning 10/15 as a date to keep in mind for something special.

It's official....10/15/19

Has anyone with a stroke lab ever tried the stability putter shaft from BGT? I wonder how close the technology is.

Has anyone with a stroke lab ever tried the stability putter shaft from BGT? I wonder how close the technology is.

Two different techniques. From what I remember the BGT is heavier which makes a difference

This Tuttle is still dependable and fun on fast greens. Stroke Lab definitely helps get an evenly paced roll when the greens get quick. I worry less about running past the hole than I do with my milled face putters. Alignment is super easy too.
Inside 5ft, it's money. I tend to struggle on longer putts and at times lag putts but it comes and goes. Overall, it's such a solid go to.
Overall, I think the Double Wide is the easiest SL for longer putts...at least for me. It's probably still takes the lead amongst the SL offerings in my opinion. All in all, this is my favorite insert ever!

This Tuttle is still dependable and fun on fast greens. Stroke Lab definitely helps get an evenly paced roll when the greens get quick. I worry less about running past the hole than I do with my milled face putters. Alignment is super easy too.
Inside 5ft, it's money. I tend to struggle on longer putts and at times lag putts but it comes and goes. Overall, it's such a solid go to.
Overall, I think the Double Wide is the easiest SL for longer putts...at least for me. It's probably still takes the lead amongst the SL offerings in my opinion. All in all, this is my favorite insert ever!

I agree with you on the DW. I almost went with the Tuttle but something about the DW really clicked for me. I don‘t see myself moving from it for awhile.

I agree with you on the DW. I almost went with the Tuttle but something about the DW really clicked for me. I don‘t see myself moving from it for awhile.
I'm someone who doesn't even look at anything that resembles a blade. Not even remotely. The DW changed that. Such a great putter.

Took my SL to my fitting a couple of weeks ago, he adjusted the loft and lie a degree each (do not have the fitting data)

said it was dragging a bit -
Started rolling it better. However wasn’t consistently getting any forward roll.

switched me to a milled putter and was getting forward roll more consistently, weird.

fast forward to yesterday- had a very good day on the greens - did have two three putts the first one i really want back the second first putt was 75 feet away so it happens lol

i really like the SL tech and with the toe hang in the blades, wish they offered 50° and up in tow hang with a mallet

the 9 was solid - but used conditions weren’t that great

Rolled the #9 and really liked the feel. My concern is that i had a #9 milled collection and the steel mesh on the face came away. I really want to the the plunge on this putter, i just need to know if odyssey have fixed the issue.

Back