Odyssey Stroke Lab Putter Thread

So while I am using an EXO version, this is more pertaining to the shaft, so i am going to ask it here, since more people are rolling these.

Has anybody come up with a good descriptor of what Stroke Lab is doing for them yet? I hear balance a lot. Getting some materials with quotes from tour players and they talk a lot about balance and better stroke, so was curious what THPers think.
The best description I could have is my putting stroke is more consistent. I can feel it when I putt. It feels so smooth and on missed putts, most times I am putting it close enough for a tap in or a length that I know I will make.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Rolled the #9 and really liked the feel. My concern is that i had a #9 milled collection and the steel mesh on the face came away. I really want to the the plunge on this putter, i just need to know if odyssey have fixed the issue.

I had one of those inserts and could see that happening. This insert has nothing that can come off though that I am aware of. So you shouldn't run into the same issue with these at all.

If anyone was thinking about trying one of these...head on over to Callaway pre owned. Flash sale and it includes these.

you're welcome.

If anyone was thinking about trying one of these...head on over to Callaway pre owned. Flash sale and it includes these.

you're welcome.
Man those are great prices. I'm so tempted to order another 7 mini but my last 2 purchases from there as like new did not go so well and I had to return the items.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Pretty solid day on punched and furry greens with the #3 today.

No three putts so it was a win

you're welcome.
Ugh, damn you!

Anyone have a Callaway pre-owned free shipping coupon??

I've recently discovered that I putt better with a center shafted putter so my latest purchase is a SL V-Line CS putter that I picked up mint condition on eBay for $160. I have two other Stroke Lab putters but this will be my first center shafted.

i love the stroke lab tuttle so much. back to back days of playing on fast tricky greens, and my pace was stellar. it’s so great to lag a difficult putt to a foot and get compliments from your playing partners, only to know that you mishit it pretty bad and it still was dead weight.

some thp’ers asked me if i was going to stick with the tuttle in my grandaddy fitting. i’ll let the fitters do their thing, but i am skeptical that they can improve on this setup for me. it’s just so perfect for my flawed stroke.

Jones’in hard for my Ten to show up....

Always feel great when I order something, then the anxiety of getting it starts. Some would say that sounds like an addiction.....

Rolled the #9 and really liked the feel. My concern is that i had a #9 milled collection and the steel mesh on the face came away. I really want to the the plunge on this putter, i just need to know if odyssey have fixed the issue.
Seen this on that line but your won't have that issue on this insert. Had mine almost a year and no issues. I've had straight white hot too and never had any issues. Buddy of mine has that putter now and he isn't having any issues.

I was eyeing a Marxman-S this Christmas but now the 10 has me wanting one but would like to roll it first to make sure before I purchase.

The double bend Stroke Lab Double Wide has improved my putting by leaps and bounds! I won't say I make everything under 6', but I make a heckuva lot more with it than any other putter I've used over the years. My distance control on longer putts is outstanding but even if I misjudge and leave putt short or run it past the hole on slick downhill or side-hill putts my confidence in sinking the next putt is at the extreme!

As much as I'm in love the Stroke lab and marxman, I keep thinking about that EXO two ball and I keep pondering hardcore.

As much as I'm in love the Stroke lab and marxman, I keep thinking about that EXO two ball and I keep pondering hardcore.

Austie said the EXO 2 Ball has the highest MOI of the EXO line. I still like the alignment line of the Marxman better though.

Austie said the EXO 2 Ball has the highest MOI of the EXO line. I still like the alignment line of the Marxman better though.
It was my favorite of the EXO line and I keep pondering the results I saw from it

Got my 7 last week and while I love the feel and overall balance I hate the grip. What weight range do I need to keep the same feel? 65gr?

Got my 7 last week and while I love the feel and overall balance I hate the grip. What weight range do I need to keep the same feel? 65gr?

65-75g should be fine.

Is it the standard SL grip? I ask because I'm coming from a jumbo Winn grip (the biggest one they have) and thought that I would need to put something similar on my SL 7s. Turns out, I love the SL grip. Good size (larger, but not jumbo), good feel/tackiness w/o being super sticky. I'm wondering what about it doesn't work for you.

Is it the standard SL grip? I ask because I'm coming from a jumbo Winn grip (the biggest one they have) and thought that I would need to put something similar on my SL 7s. Turns out, I love the SL grip. Good size (larger, but not jumbo), good feel/tackiness w/o being super sticky. I'm wondering what about it doesn't work for you.

It’s a SS Pistol GT. The guy I got it from ordered it with that grip. I’m just not a big fan of pistol grips

I think 105 total between grip and weight is the target you’re going for. So, you could remove the weight and go with a heavier grip. I’m going to go that route and try a 103 gram grip.

I put a new larger Winn grip on my SL putter today that weighs 71 grams and the balance point of the putter did not change.

I put a new larger Winn grip on my SL putter today that weighs 71 grams and the balance point of the putter did not change.

71 plus the 40 gram weight would put you at 110. Sean Toulon said 110 would be fine too, IIRC from the Odyssey event.

Seen this on that line but your won't have that issue on this insert. Had mine almost a year and no issues. I've had straight white hot too and never had any issues. Buddy of mine has that putter now and he isn't having any issues.
Thanks for the reply.

Back