Review Odyssey TEN and Bird of Prey Putter Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I am so intrigued by the BoP. I love the prominent alignment lines on both of these putters.

I have moved away from mallet shapes when I got my #1W as I just didn't seem to gel with them, but I would certainly be open to giving one of these shapes a try once I see them in the shops near me

They may already be around, but I haven't visited the putter sections for a while as I have been happy with my current one

"Easiest to align mallet I have ever reviewed" (about the Bird of Prey) is saying A LOT when coming from JMan. Outstanding reviews, as always, sir!

Very nice review! I love the tech in these putters and that Ten has my attention. I keep telling myself I don't need another putter.

Well done @Jman. I have been waiting to read this review. Having been a huge fan of the spider but never pulling the trigger the 10 is probably going to be in my bag at some point. I really enjoyed the part about the putter sitting square when being soled. I ALWAYS hate that you have to turn the putter on a lot of those styles to make it square. Can't wait to go try it out

I am so intrigued by the BoP. I love the prominent alignment lines on both of these putters.
You and me both Cap! The BOP is calling my name, but the insert has me a little scared, I love the insert in the Sliver line so much.

Really like the review @Jman and totally agree the Bird Of Prey sits square and is super easy to line up. It's such a great release.

The alignment line and face insert are the 2 best things about my Rossi Spider. I don't know why TM went to solid colors in recent years.

Great review James. These two seem to take the MOI game up a notch for Odyssey with two shapes that should fit a majority of the mallet players out there. The new insert is welcomed as someone who leans towards a firmer feel at impact. Another review full of details and straight to the point.

Is it me or does the BOP look like the D.A.R.T. but refined and all grown up??!!??

Great review, @Jman - and totally agree - BoP definitely does not look as massive in hand. Two awesome options, I’m loving the ten but secretly hoping I get fit for the BoP at the grandaddy.

The bird of prey to me is the better of the two. Individual miles may vary, but I feel it sets up better.

Knocked it out of the park Jman. The BoP will be in my bag. I keep saying that, but some day soon I'll make it a reality. Maybe when I'm on off on paternity leave I can bond with it....oh and the kid too.

Nice review @Jman ! Do you ever have time to sleep?

Couple of things I like: 1) firmer insert, 2) alignment line on X, and 3) sitting square (I have exactly the open face at address issue described with current mallet). I am itching to try these, and like the picture version of X better than BoP.

Great review and write up. I got to role the Ten for a nine hole round and enjoyed it.

Nice review @Jman ! Do you ever have time to sleep?

Couple of things I like: 1) firmer insert, 2) alignment line on X, and 3) sitting square (I have exactly the open face at address issue described with current mallet). I am itching to try these, and like the picture version of X better than BoP.
What's a sleep? :LOL::LOL:;)

Great review @Jman.

Already using a Spider, the Ten could find it's way into my bag. I love the feel of their inserts

and adding Stroke Lab is just added bonus. Plus it looks ??!!!

James,

I really like how you gave the BOP the attention it deserved (not that I am surprised :) )

I am definitely going to have to give it a roll as I have always been a fan of the bigger mallet, and not afraid to say putting is an area where I can use all the help I can get with alignment

Appreciate all the kind words! REALLY proud of how this one turned out!

That BOP and your review @Jman are going to start me on the road to putter ho-dom! Love my SL DW but, I do find the insert a little soft on long putts.
Can not wait for the Bird to appear up in my neck of the woods.

That BOP and your review @Jman are going to start me on the road to putter ho-dom! Love my SL DW but, I do find the insert a little soft on long putts.
Can not wait for the Bird to appear up in my neck of the woods.
You'd definitely like the feedback on the insert on the SL Black series if the one on the Silver is a little too soft, fwiw ;)

Enabler! ?

You and me both Cap! The BOP is calling my name, but the insert has me a little scared, I love the insert in the Sliver line so much.
Both are solid putters, but I just like the 10 better, but this is a great write-up and will be adding a 10 to my bag right after Christmas!

I was perfectly happy with my Bettinardi. Until, I read this. Must give the Bird of Prey a try now. I will happily tell my wife this is all your fault JB!

Back