Review Odyssey TEN and Bird of Prey Putter Review

As always a terrific review. That's one of the great features here on THP : great reviews from passionate reviewers not presented to read like a press release or a rehash thereof. Appreciate the effort and time these reviews obviously take from what I know is a busy life apart from golf.

As always a terrific review. That's one of the great features here on THP : great reviews from passionate reviewers not presented to read like a press release or a rehash thereof. Appreciate the effort and time these reviews obviously take from what I know is a busy life apart from golf.
These are really kind words, and believe me, they're more appreciated than you know.

These are really kind words, and believe me, they're more appreciated than you know.

You're welcome. Seriously, I know how busy your life must be, yet you take the time and effort to give us detailed reviews about every piece of equipment that you review. Same goes for Dean, Dan, and JB.

I just came back from putting my credit cards in my freezer, inside a six-quart Pyrex container filled with water.

Another great review from James the Enabler. It's not just that he's readable, thorough, credible, and convincing. His comments and observations are eerily applicable to my game.

Hence the cards on ice for a few days.

I just came back from putting my credit cards in my freezer, inside a six-quart Pyrex container filled with water.

Another great review from James the Enabler. It's not just that he's readable, thorough, credible, and convincing. His comments and observations are eerily applicable to my game.

LOL! This is awesome! Thank you for the kind words!

You are absolutely spot on. Although I didn't need a new putter, I have a brand new Cleveland Frontline Elevado in my bag and JMan's reviews were a large factor in my purchase.

Great job on the review James. Those shapes aren't really up my alley but I love hearing about the changes to the insert. It sounds like these could be game changers for some people.

The Ten S is a fantastic putter. The new face insert is excellent in how it rolls the ball and provides auditory feedback. The alignment line is growing on me, I would prefer no lines if I had the option however I can’t complain since I’ve made so long putts with the Ten S.

Great review James, I was saving for a Double Wide but now these have my attention. I read as much as I can since they were first launched and being a mallet guy I see one of these in my future. Really want to try the Stroke Lab sometime soon.

Give me the Bird of Prey!!! Love the design and a gamer for tech!!!

Little mornin THP bump.

I forgot to say it earlier, but this was really well written James. It was quite an enjoyable read.

The TEN has really peaked my interest. Definitely will be giving this one a roll (y)

I agree with your review. The more I try both the more I prefer the Bird of Prey. I still think the Ten feels better off the face. It’s a little more solid feeling. The Bird feels more hollow.

However, Bird of Prey just hits my line better. The alignment is easier. It tracks back and through easier. Super stable. It’s the one I’d get now.

I am really interested in trying out the Ten.

Sooooooo....what new Grandaddy alumni are rocking these?

I swear I saw at least one BOP pictured in someone’s bag.

Yea, I know I spotted one BOP in the Grandaddy thread but I'm thinking they might have a little different look because nobody is saying anything until embargo lifted.

The #10 is now my new baby. I love the balance of this thing. Coming from a Spider X, I find it to be very appealing in size and shape. I much prefer the #10's clean lines over the Spider X as well.

In terms of insert, I find it to have a nice soft, yet solid feel if that makes sense. It feels like it dulls impact, but it doesn't feel like it's absorbing too much energy. Distance control seems to be pretty solid from my time at The Hideaway and rolling it with the Putt Out. And believe me, I have spent most evenings just putting the ball back and forth.

I just went with the stock grip as I didn't have any issues with it. It is soft and I can see how someone may want to switch it out.

I am new to Stroke Lab. And, all I can say is that it feels different. Lol. Just like everyone's reviews from last year. It's a feel that is hard to describe. Almost like it's just easier to make a pendulum stroke with the putter. Just keep the grip nice and light and the putter basically wants to stroke itself.

I am trying to think of a metric that I can use to better compare the two. But, with putting, it's so feel oriented. Such a mental game. I am fairly certain that the double bend neck on the #10 is better for me than the slant neck of the Spider X. I mean, it's between the hands. And, I have to give the nod to the #10 already. I suppose that could change once I get to spend more time outside on real grass with it. But, I don't see that happening.

Last edited:
Little bump ;)

Was Rollinson a big Trekky? Star Trek .... Klingon Bird of Prey? :ROFLMAO:

birdofprey.jpg

That would be me with the Bird of Prey.

Was Rollinson a big Trekky? Star Trek .... Klingon Bird of Prey? :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 8918648

This is exactly how I felt when I first saw this putter. I thought it was too wild looking and I would never game something like that. I have been happy with my O-Works 7 and not really looking to make a change. On the way out the door of PGA SS I saw a BOP and picked it up. I lined up a 30 footer and drained it out, hmmm. I rolled another ball and it barely lipped out, a third ball went right in the cup. Like I said I am not looking to make a putter change.

What I noticed is exactly what @Jman said in his review. This is the easiest putter to align that I have ever seen. I struggle putting indoors on the giant green mat, I need an imperfection near the ball to set my alignment before I step into the putt. The long white alignment line on top makes it easy to see the line while standing over the ball. I am not a good putter so take this review with that in mind but the alignment is for real and the combination of Stroke lab technology and the new insert makes lag putting easy compared to my previous putter.

If you were like me and would not give a wild looking putter a chance you are doing yourself a disservice. Open your mind to something new and your putting will improve!!

That would be me with the Bird of Prey.

This is exactly how I felt when I first saw this putter. I thought it was too wild looking and I would never game something like that. I have been happy with my O-Works 7 and not really looking to make a change. On the way out the door of PGA SS I saw a BOP and picked it up. I lined up a 30 footer and drained it out, hmmm. I rolled another ball and it barely lipped out, a third ball went right in the cup. Like I said I am not looking to make a putter change.

What I noticed is exactly what @Jman said in his review. This is the easiest putter to align that I have ever seen. I struggle putting indoors on the giant green mat, I need an imperfection near the ball to set my alignment before I step into the putt. The long white alignment line on top makes it easy to see the line while standing over the ball. I am not a good putter so take this review with that in mind but the alignment is for real and the combination of Stroke lab technology and the new insert makes lag putting easy compared to my previous putter.

If you were like me and would not give a wild looking putter a chance you are doing yourself a disservice. Open your mind to something new and your putting will improve!!

Well this is how I feel too regarding alignment and lag puting. It's so easy to line up the BOP and I'll be honest I know nothing about the StrokeLab tech but after 4 rounds, my lag putting has been tremendous. Lastly, I hardly ever putted indoors on my mat, but the Bird of Prey has me practicing 8 footers every nite. Love rolling it.

The #10 is now my new baby. I love the balance of this thing. Coming from a Spider X, I find it to be very appealing in size and shape. I much prefer the #10's clean lines over the Spider X as well.

In terms of insert, I find it to have a nice soft, yet solid feel if that makes sense. It feels like it dulls impact, but it doesn't feel like it's absorbing too much energy. Distance control seems to be pretty solid from my time at The Hideaway and rolling it with the Putt Out. And believe me, I have spent most evenings just putting the ball back and forth.

I just went with the stock grip as I didn't have any issues with it. It is soft and I can see how someone may want to switch it out.

I am new to Stroke Lab. And, all I can say is that it feels different. Lol. Just like everyone's reviews from last year. It's a feel that is hard to describe. Almost like it's just easier to make a pendulum stroke with the putter. Just keep the grip nice and light and the putter basically wants to stroke itself.

I am trying to think of a metric that I can use to better compare the two. But, with putting, it's so feel oriented. Such a mental game. I am fairly certain that the double bend neck on the #10 is better for me than the slant neck of the Spider X. I mean, it's between the hands. And, I have to give the nod to the #10 already. I suppose that could change once I get to spend more time outside on real grass with it. But, I don't see that happening.

Such a sexy putter, and I love that they insert is firmer than the OG SL insert.

Back