Am I crazy for wanting to order a new TT ten to replace last year's model that I already have????

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
Nope! Welcome to THP 🤣

Odyssey was just live on IG and Sean Toulon mentioned that they are shooting for June 1 for the Ten with a WH insert and Red SL shaft 👀

Odyssey was just live on IG and Sean Toulon mentioned that they are shooting for June 1 for the Ten with a WH insert and Red SL shaft 👀
well crap. Do we wait now? We need a poll on who likes the star over the WH insert and the differences. The sounds of the MicroHinge Star face on some/most YT videos sound so hard to me. Plastic sounding. But I have never tried the MH Star but I have the WH. I was never thrilled on the Red SL shaft.

well crap. Do we wait now? We need a poll on who likes the star over the WH insert and the differences. The sounds of the MicroHinge Star face on some/most YT videos sound so hard to me. Plastic sounding. But I have never tried the MH Star but I have the WH. I was never thrilled on the Red SL shaft.
In the video they said they went with the Star because it’s the best performing insert for that head shape. They also said they greatly underestimated the demand there would be for the WH in the Ten which is why they are working on doing it properly.

"well crap" was my immediate reaction as well after reading much's post. Hmm. I honestly don't know if I would like the WH insert better or not but would get a kick out of a red shaft. :cool:

The whole thing is great but the last three minutes is them talking about the WH and the Ten

I like options for sure, but think I'd stick with the Microhinge Star insert with this one. Just my personal preference. That red SL shaft though would be enough to make me wait.

Haha, this is the one thing that I said would really bug me once I ordered. Luckily the one I ordered was quoted 8 weeks so I canceled and will wait until this is released with the white hot insert and the red stroke lab shaft is a bonus

Haha, this is the one thing that I said would really bug me once I ordered. Luckily the one I ordered was quoted 8 weeks so I canceled and will wait until this is released with the white hot insert and the red stroke lab shaft is a bonus
He did say the June 1 date is the target but not set in stone. Hopefully you don’t have to wait too long!

He did say the June 1 date is the target but not set in stone. Hopefully you don’t have to wait too long!
Luckily I have a putter I am comfortable with so I have no problem waiting a little extra if needed. I could get one now and add this later but I will try hold off

Did a little indoor putting this evening with the new ten. Initial thoughts are the long line reminds me of the marxsman but not as distracting. I find it very easy to align, even noticed I had a tendency to start with the face open at times because of it and was able to adjust.

The stroke lab shaft looks and feels great. The stock grip is just ok, similar to other Odyssey putters I’ve used, it’s not my favorite but probably won’t change it anytime soon.

Compared to the O-Works 7, to me the Ten feels firmer off the face and the ball was rolling quicker on my putting surface. I’m really digging this so far

I have fond memories of that face and am interested in the Ten. I look forward to trying out that combo

Great video there! Having been fit by Sean (THP Odyssey Experience), I know the double bend is the shaft that works best for my stroke. Once that original white hot insert comes out, I’ll all over a two ball ten with the line on it. Love the look, the only thing holding me back was wanting the of white hot insert. Love hearing it’s on the way.

Great video there! Having been fit by Sean (THP Odyssey Experience), I know the double bend is the shaft that works best for my stroke. Once that original white hot insert comes out, I’ll all over a two ball ten with the line on it. Love the look, the only thing holding me back was wanting the of white hot insert. Love hearing it’s on the way.
The man certainly knows his stuff. The S neck and a 10 minute putting lesson at the first Odyssey Experience proved to me it is exactly what I need. I even did a full bag Club Champion fitting about 8 months later as a birthday present and the SAM fitting proved it was exactly the right putter for me.

That being said, I'm hoping to find a 34" S Neck 2 Ball Ten to try in stores when they come out. Unfortunately they don't make the lined S neck in LH for some reason so it I'll have to see if the plain 2 ball can beat out by EXO.

I hit a bunch of putts with my single line Ten at the range the last two nights and it is easy to line up and feels stable. Distance control has been good and so far it has been an easy transition. I plan to get it on the course this weekend!

I recall when I got my EXO Seven the talk was it was one of, if not the most forgiving putters on the market at that moment in 2018. How does the MOI on this and other Odyssey putters released since then compare? The EXO has been great for me but I played a TM Spider before that so the Ten could seem like the best of both worlds it brings in the best qualities of each.
The EXO should have higher MOI, but not by as much as you might think. Also, keep in mind the MOI is the resistance to twisting on misses, not truly what makes up the forgiveness aspect, pet of the equation (and an important one) but not the whole of it.

The Ten is absolutely better than the Spider imo. It’s a perfected shape.

Rolled the 2-Ball 10 for two and a half rounds yesterday to conclude some things I wanted to look at before writing the review.

It’s just deadly to line up. I’m not at all a 2-ball style putter guy but the comfort over it in this shape is just....different. I honestly don’t know why one would go with the non 2-ball options, or at least I feel like they’re going to miss out on something special if they do...but options are fun.

The MH Star is what we have come to expect. It’s firm, but it rolls as true as any insert ever made.

My only knock Is a personal one and it’s total weight of the putter. I prefer a little more heft overall, and of course with the SL the total is different than traditional. Easy to adjust though, and of course I can alter the weight down the line.

It’s a damn good putter, and legitimately one if I weren’t committed for the year I could game for the season. I’m very impressed.

Did a little indoor putting this evening with the new ten. Initial thoughts are the long line reminds me of the marxsman but not as distracting. I find it very easy to align, even noticed I had a tendency to start with the face open at times because of it and was able to adjust.

The stroke lab shaft looks and feels great. The stock grip is just ok, similar to other Odyssey putters I’ve used, it’s not my favorite but probably won’t change it anytime soon.

Compared to the O-Works 7, to me the Ten feels firmer off the face and the ball was rolling quicker on my putting surface. I’m really digging this so far
Which grip do you have on it? Odyssey pistol or oversized?

Rolled the 2-Ball 10 for two and a half rounds yesterday to conclude some things I wanted to look at before writing the review.

It’s just deadly to line up. I’m not at all a 2-ball style putter guy but the comfort over it in this shape is just....different. I honestly don’t know why one would go with the non 2-ball options, or at least I feel like they’re going to miss out on something special if they do...but options are fun.

The MH Star is what we have come to expect. It’s firm, but it rolls as true as any insert ever made.

My only knock Is a personal one and it’s total weight of the putter. I prefer a little more heft overall, and of course with the SL the total is different than traditional. Easy to adjust though, and of course I can alter the weight down the line.

It’s a damn good putter, and legitimately one if I weren’t committed for the year I could game for the season. I’m very impressed.

Is there a weight kit for these?

I rolled the ten s with the single line today. Liked it. Still waiting on the two ball tour line I ordered.

I rolled the ten s with the single line today. Liked it. Still waiting on the two ball tour line I ordered.
Same weights as the SL putters I do believe

Love lasts years #10 and would have probably traded up if there was a trade bonus on the new ones. I’ll probably grab one off cpo after this season.

The alignment is so good isn't it? I rolled a few more last night and I feel like its really helping my setup. Also noticing a few other things that are stroke related but man this head is stable.

The alignment is so good isn't it? I rolled a few more last night and I feel like its really helping my setup. Also noticing a few other things that are stroke related but man this head is stable.
As point and shoot as any mallet I’ve tested. Only one more so remains the Bird of Prey

Back