Odyssey Toulon Small Batch

I’m interested to see if / how this will be different than what Toulon was when it first opened its doors, before their manufacturing model changed and before they were brought under the Odyssey label.

I don’t care about the cost, I can either get something or not, let’s just see some new cool stuff! New equipment is fun!

Ready to see what they have today.

I like shiny. Especially when it comes to putters :ROFLMAO:

Only 10 available.

Lower price than I expected!

Wow, that is ultra small batch... Not much of a bullseye fan but it does look nice. I dig the headcover. Don't know that I'll be willing to fork out $800 but you never know! Should be fun to see the next offering(s).

and.... there gone...

Would love a modern bullseye..

Wow, that is ultra small batch... Not much of a bullseye fan but it does look nice. I dig the headcover. Don't know that I'll be willing to fork out $800 but you never know! Should be fun to see the next offering(s).

Watch ebay. They will show up there for $1500 I am guessing..

A lot of good stuff here, but not for me this time around.
Cover is good. Very limited is good. Price is high but not completely crazy, at least compared to Garage prices...which are a little out of line IMO.

I'm curious to see what this grows into. If they can somehow construct a secondary market based on limited availability the possibilities are endless.

Those sold out quickly. Maybe they should have offered 20.

This one completely missed the mark for me based on the hype that was generated. It's sold out so I am clearly in the minority here, but I expected more. Not sure what, but I just felt something more tangible would be unveiled.

It's cool, but not a head I would consider using.

Those sold out quickly. Maybe they should have offered 20.

They sure did... I'm sure they'll adjust. Gauging interest in something like that, at that price, has to be a little dicey.

I love the idea behind it but that model is a miss for me. I guess I had different expectations for the first release. Obviously it worked though. I'm looking forward to what they come up with in future releases for sure.

They sure did... I'm sure they'll adjust. Gauging interest in something like that, at that price, has to be a little dicey.

Why adjust? They are selling a putter at for what is a limited release deal probably the perfect price. selling 20 keeps the hype alive for the next release.. I am not a huge fan of this model that everyone seems to be going to but it is what it is in the social media hype driven world. This is a direct result of social media and ecommerce that some thing teased 3 days ago on social media sold out in seconds today.

Imagine Odyssey trying to do this 10 years ago. Heck even 5 years ago. I don't think it would have been as successful.

Never been a fan of the shape, but really love the premium take on the classic putter. Looking forward to seeing the next release, I think this will be a cool project.

Why adjust? They are selling a putter at for what is a limited release deal probably the perfect price. selling 20 keeps the hype alive for the next release.. I am not a huge fan of this model that everyone seems to be going to but it is what it is in the social media hype driven world. This is a direct result of social media and ecommerce that some thing teased 3 days ago on social media sold out in seconds today.

Imagine Odyssey trying to do this 10 years ago. Heck even 5 years ago. I don't think it would have been as successful.

Well, if the demand is there, it makes sense to double the count. I'm not saying make hundreds of them, but 10 is a really small number.

I agree that this type of business is a result of living in a more connected world where vendors have direct access to customers over social, etc. but I love it. There's options out there for everyone now, from affordable to ultra custom pretty much across the entire spectrum of equipment, which is something I probably wouldn't have as much access to if that direct connection wasn't there. I think it's good for golf. There are definitely impacts to traditional brick and mortar stores (which I still try to frequent), but I'll can't turn down the opportunity to have more options.

A good looking putter, but not over the top have to have. Be interesting to see what comes down the line.

Well, if the demand is there, it makes sense to double the count. I'm not saying make hundreds of them, but 10 is a really small number.

I agree that this type of business is a result of living in a more connected world where vendors have direct access to customers over social, etc. but I love it. There's options out there for everyone now, from affordable to ultra custom pretty much across the entire spectrum of equipment, which is something I probably wouldn't have as much access to if that direct connection wasn't there. I think it's good for golf. There are definitely impacts to traditional brick and mortar stores (which I still try to frequent), but I'll can't turn down the opportunity to have more options.

Thats just it. Why? smaller numbers drivers higher interest and more buzz. Even if 50-70% get flipped. That just drives the buzz even higher for the next release.. I think it is brilliant. Even if I kinda hate it.

Interesting but not for me. I was expecting something more from the hype as well.

i don't get it. at all.

Luke briefly mentioned small batch on the Showcase stream last week, wonder when we’ll see the next drop...

Back