Odyssey Triple Track Putters

That's what I would expect from the science and from the look. It becomes innate to line up and you don't really have to think about it. Just put a good stroke on the ball. I think it will benefit everyone to some degree. How much depends on how good you are before starting. If your pace is good and alignment sucks, this will be a miracle. If your line is usually good and your pace / weight control on your putts is bad, you won't feel the effect as much. That's all I was saying.

I was always good at lining up my ball. Biggest thing I struggle with is on how hard to hit the ball, and if my putter was squared up or not to the targeted path

combining the triple track ball (that is correctly lined to roll towards the hole) and with the triple track putter, the putter is in squared starting positing with the ball. This gives you a solid line visual connection between the ball and putter towards the targeted roll. At that point, all that matters is to make a true stroke, which a tertiary tech comes in play to assist you - the stroke lab. When you have all 3 tech (tt ball, tt putter and stroke lab) working together to help you, you’re basically fail proof to make those crucial putts.

This is a great Callaway Talks video by @DNevsCG and Sean Toulon. They break down TT and more importantly why golfers need it, or at the very least need help aiming. Back in December at The Grandaddy, Sean, Tony and Luke dropped a ton of knowledge on us about putting, aim and why a certain type of putter works for you based on stroke, and correct ball position. It’s like going back in time bc a lot this is what we heard back in December is in this video.

Pay attention around the 6 minute mark and he explains his fitting process and how/why it helps the average golfer. Also why with Triple Track it’s instantly helping golfers putt better.

At the 9 minute mark he talks about Triple Track technology and why it works.

At the 14 min mark of the video he talks about TT being on the Double Wide. Essentially this will work (or they wouldn’t have put it on the putter), but he is in the camp that this is for the better putter because of where the TT lines on placed. Being placed on the flange lowers them from the top of the putter head and inherently will not be as effective as if they were on the top line the other models. It doesn’t mean it can’t or won’t be effective, but as you can see, he thinks it best fit for a better, more consistent putter.

To wrap up around the 15 minute mark Sean talks about why Triple Track can help tour players.

It’s cool to see and hear a lot of what we heard back in December.

Last edited:
@mikeg_74 Any word on a BoP with TT technology?

So proud of the grandaddy crew explaining this story about the puTTers so well. You guys are killing the updates. We kinda knew this would be the biggest shock to be released in 2020 and although it’s not for everyone, it’s obvious the tech works.

I might be making this up, but I think I recall them saying that the BOP’s design didn’t have enough room for the TT tech. Don’t quote me tho.
I'm not surprised by that...just disappointed!

This is a great Callaway Talks video by @DNevsCG and Sean Toulon. They break down TT and more importantly why golfers need it, or at the very least need help aiming. Back in December at The Grandaddy, Sean, Tony and Luke dropped a ton of knowledge on us about putting, aim and why a certain type of putter works for you based on stroke, and correct ball position. It’s like going back in time bc a lot this is what we heard back in December is in this video.

Pay attention around the 6 minute mark and he explains his fitting process and how/why it helps the average golfer. Also why with Triple Track it’s instantly helping golfers putt better.

At the 9 minute mark he talks about Triple Track technology and why it works.

At the 14 min mark of the video he talks about TT being on the Double Wide. Essentially this will work (or they wouldn’t have put it on the putter), but he is in the camp that this is for the better putter because of where the TT lines on placed. Being placed on the flange lowers them from the top of the putter head and inherently will not be as effective as if they were on the top line the other models. It doesn’t mean it can’t or won’t be effective, but as you can see, he thinks it best fit for a better, more consistent putter.

To wrap up around the 15 minute mark Sean talks about why Triple Track can help tour players.

It’s cool to see and hear a lot of what we heard back in December.

That bold part.

it’s like someone said that in here too. ???????????????????
:p;)

I'm not surprised by that...just disappointed!
Would be maybe perfect for TT.

I still say BoP might be their best mallet ever, if you can look down at it.

I'm not sure why this model resonates with me, just liked it from the jump.

I'm not sure why this model resonates with me, just liked it from the jump.
Anything from the brain of Austie directly that he’s adamant about, is going to be killer.

Yesterday while trying out the BoP and the #10 Black to get a feel for the insert. I kept thinking of your write up! The one thing that’s stood out to me on the BoP is how square it setup! Like ZERO manipulation needed at address, you were spot on! Unlike others where the head twists the second you lay it down. I was pleasantly surprised! All this to say you were spot on!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yesterday while trying out the BoP and the #10 Black to get a feel for the insert. I kept thinking of your write up! The one thing that’s stood out to me on the BoP is how square it setup! Like ZERO manipulation needed at address, you were spot on! Unlike others where the head twists the second you lay it down. I was pleasantly surprised! All this to say you were spot on!!

Aww shucks. Hahahaha

:p

Anything from the brain of Austie directly that he’s adamant about, is going to be killer.

This is the truth. He knows more about designing putters then virtually everyone on the planet not named Sean Toulon. The fact that both of them worked on this should say everything.

I still feel to get mass appeal for sales a few pros will need to game a few models. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the ten on the tour quickly.

This is the truth. He knows more about designing putters then virtually everyone on the planet not named Sean Toulon. The fact that both of them worked on this should say everything.

I still feel to get mass appeal for sales a few pros will need to game a few models. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the ten on the tour quickly.
Oh the ten will be around for a long time. And imo it’ll eventually outpace the 7 on tour.

Off to the interwebs to look at more pics and videos of the TT combo. It’s so intriguing to me right now.

From the point of where I started giving @Luke WilliamsCG grief in the run up to the event everyone knew I only play blades and that was what I really wanted again. Since the Toulon line wasn't available to us at the time of fitting I really looked for something that would catch my eye. I never really found it.
Luke said here roll this, kinda of like a blade but with mallet forgiveness. So we started with the Doublewide TT and I got comfortable very quickly with it.
He made just a very minor change to my setup and had me dialed in with it very quickly.
We started with putts in the 5 foot range and i was making them over and over. Moved back to 8 foot range and made 3 out of 4. He said to move back to the end of the room which was at 13 feet and i made 3/4 again. That sealed the deal for me.
This did transfer over to the course as well, I made a lot of putts inside 10 feet. Not all as the greens are wicked at the Hideaway.

The big difference for me compared to my Toulon Columbus is the head is shorted heel to toe by maybe 3/4 of an inch. The other thing would be the insert compared to the milling of the Toulon.
I was pleasantly surprise how fast the ball would get rolling with the insert and how smooth the roll was.
It is really easy to line the ball to the line you want and then the TT on the putter will verify you are on that line. This makes sure that you are setup square to the line that you want to take.
Did I make every putt, NO. Is there a learning curve YES. Will this help you make more putts, IMO yes it will.

While not everyone will like the way it looks, I get that, but you would be doing yourself a disservice by not trying it in a shape that you are comfortable rolling.

Interesting experience and feedback. From the initial pics and info, I didn't think about using it with any golf ball. I am 99.9% certain I won't use a triple track ball. Thinking along those lines, it will be interesting to make some putts with one. Which putter alignment aids work better for me is not always as simple as I would like. GD experience has value beyond the individual. No doubt. Thanks.

Interesting experience and feedback. From the initial pics and info, I didn't think about using it with any golf ball. I am 99.9% certain I won't use a triple track ball. Thinking along those lines, it will be interesting to make some putts with one. Which putter alignment aids work better for me is not always as simple as I would like. GD experience has value beyond the individual. No doubt. Thanks.
I’ve been doing minimal testing with it with a TT ball. Effectiveness for me has still been there.

Will there be a Bird of Prey with TT?

I need to wait on the Callaway ball info for 2020 before I can really wrap my head around this. I am a big believer in Triple Track tech. I played most of the year with CSXTT and ERC because of it but don’t think either ball is “perfect” for me. Right now, I have a bunch of my Bridgestone marked up with 3 lines and just don’t know that I could use them with a puTTer. I feel like for me to go with a puTTer, it would need to be a ball/puTTer package deal. But if I were playing the Bridgestone with a puTTer and the lines were off, I think it would drive me crazy. The lines on what I draw would never match up. FWIW, I don’t like drawing lines on the ball but like 3 lines now.
C2A29E63-D569-4970-A12F-CD51E5190145.jpeg

I saw this on Twitter. Not a bad idea if you had the 2-ball.

D4A5B6CF-DBFB-4780-8215-716C6063AD77.jpeg

For the alignment part sure (although it wouldn’t last). You would lose out on Stroke Lab a few more areas of improvement though.
Absolutely true, as I am a BIG believer in the stroke lab shaft. But, decent thought process on helping an alignment issue.

I saw this on Twitter. Not a bad idea if you had the 2-ball.

View attachment 8923442

I would be cautious about people doing this and it has nothing to do with talking sales away from the current line.

In the video I linked Sean talks about the lines and why the thickness and spacing is important. Drawing them on yourself (ball or putter head) will cause inconsistencies. Also Stroke Lab not present is an important part of the equation that is missing.

Last edited:
Back