Odyssey Triple Track Putters

While I did not go with a Triple Track putter, after seeing so many of my teammates use them as well as most of the ZooCrew, it warrants a little further investigation on my part. I have tried Triple Track balls in the past and just couldn't get along with them. And that is 100% a me problem. My issue is aligning the ball initially. I don't take a ton of time lining up my line on the ball. Often times, I adjust my aim point after I place the ball. I found that with Triple Track, if my line was off, there was no way I could mentally not putt it on that line. So, I know that visually, there is something there.

I see this as a potential happy medium. I could get away without using a TT ball and get some of the same alignment benefits with the putter. Or, for Triple Track ball users, this could almost be like cheating.

I didn't spend a ton of time looking at putters at ECPC once I found the TEN. I will get in and do some head to head comparisons at the shop when time allows. Hopefully, my club carries these and I am able to try them on an outdoor green when the season opens up.

Otherwise, great reviews guys. I know you have been chomping at the bit to spread the good word of these puTTers.

From the point of where I started giving @Luke WilliamsCG grief in the run up to the event everyone knew I only play blades and that was what I really wanted again. Since the Toulon line wasn't available to us at the time of fitting I really looked for something that would catch my eye. I never really found it.
Luke said here roll this, kinda of like a blade but with mallet forgiveness. So we started with the Doublewide TT and I got comfortable very quickly with it.
He made just a very minor change to my setup and had me dialed in with it very quickly.
We started with putts in the 5 foot range and i was making them over and over. Moved back to 8 foot range and made 3 out of 4. He said to move back to the end of the room which was at 13 feet and i made 3/4 again. That sealed the deal for me.
This did transfer over to the course as well, I made a lot of putts inside 10 feet. Not all as the greens are wicked at the Hideaway.

The big difference for me compared to my Toulon Columbus is the head is shorted heel to toe by maybe 3/4 of an inch. The other thing would be the insert compared to the milling of the Toulon.
I was pleasantly surprise how fast the ball would get rolling with the insert and how smooth the roll was.
It is really easy to line the ball to the line you want and then the TT on the putter will verify you are on that line. This makes sure that you are setup square to the line that you want to take.
Did I make every putt, NO. Is there a learning curve YES. Will this help you make more putts, IMO yes it will.

While not everyone will like the way it looks, I get that, but you would be doing yourself a disservice by not trying it in a shape that you are comfortable rolling.

I think this is brilliant from Callaway/Odyssey. The science is there, they have some of their more iconic shapes and heads included. It's brilliant from a marketing standpoint because it relates a piece of equipment to the ball.

I'm not sure I like it for myself. I've only spent a small amount of time with TT and wasn't a huge fan as it was only beneficial during putting and found it busy otherwise. I'm sure it's something I could adjust to, but I think for anyone who already loves TT, these are a no brainier.

While I did not go with a Triple Track putter, after seeing so many of my teammates use them as well as most of the ZooCrew, it warrants a little further investigation on my part. I have tried Triple Track balls in the past and just couldn't get along with them. And that is 100% a me problem. My issue is aligning the ball initially. I don't take a ton of time lining up my line on the ball. Often times, I adjust my aim point after I place the ball. I found that with Triple Track, if my line was off, there was no way I could mentally not putt it on that line. So, I know that visually, there is something there.

I see this as a potential happy medium. I could get away without using a TT ball and get some of the same alignment benefits with the putter. Or, for Triple Track ball users, this could almost be like cheating.

I didn't spend a ton of time looking at putters at ECPC once I found the TEN. I will get in and do some head to head comparisons at the shop when time allows. Hopefully, my club carries these and I am able to try them on an outdoor green when the season opens up.

Otherwise, great reviews guys. I know you have been chomping at the bit to spread the good word of these puTTers.
I'm the same way, as I am not a fan of the TT on the ball. However, that tends to mean you use something with the putter to line up, which for me are the alignment lines. If I can get over the initial weirdness of them, these could be fantastic for me.

I think the 2-balls look better with it, as the large area on them was already white to begin with. I think that 2-ball blade is a very interesting prospect for me.

I do have a birthday coming up and didn't know what to ask for...

I LOVE this! Might have to switch ?

So torn on this one, but at the end of the day it's a great option for golfers to have. If Odyssey was selling putters with ONLY TT as an alignment option I'd say they're nuts, but they aren't.

At first blush I wrote it off entirely. "Ugly. No thanks. Pass". But upon further thought I'm warming up to the idea. I absolutely find Triple Track to be extremely helpful on putts (I only use it on straight putts inside of 15 ft), but I hate having those 3 lines on the ball all askew in the fairway or greenside. Absolutely messes with me with an iron/wedge in hand.
These putters perhaps offer a way to have the same massive help on straight putts without having to use a TT ball.

All of that said I can't see myself purchasing one as I just bought a SL #10 and am loving it, but I'm really curious to try one out.

I might need one of the Marxman putters.

And by might, I mean do.

Anything to help with alignment is a good thing in my book. I know I"m probably a bit far off than where I think I'm aimed, so this could help me for sure. I wasn't a real fan of the ball as much but this by itself might work. I will definitely need to see these in hand.
Sounds like a perfect THP contest prize coming up! (y)

I'm the same way, as I am not a fan of the TT on the ball. However, that tends to mean you use something with the putter to line up, which for me are the alignment lines. If I can get over the initial weirdness of them, these could be fantastic for me.

I think the 2-balls look better with it, as the large area on them was already white to begin with. I think that 2-ball blade is a very interesting prospect for me.

I do have a birthday coming up and didn't know what to ask for...
I thought so too. I saw some tour models a few months back online somewhere. I thought the pics were a little off putting. But, once you see these in person, you see that the finish is indeed that, not a sticker. It looks a lot better in person. I think if I were to pick one of these up, I would still go with the Ten shape myself.

But, putting is such a personal thing. You have to putt with something you are comfortable with. Visual aids or not, if you are distracted by what you are looking down at, it will be a struggle. Some of my teammates have been singing the Triple Track praises for over a month now. Has me second guessing my choices, lol. If I end up with a second putter, I will just tell my wife it's their fault.

I thought so too. I saw some tour models a few months back online somewhere. I thought the pics were a little off putting. But, once you see these in person, you see that the finish is indeed that, not a sticker. It looks a lot better in person. I think if I were to pick one of these up, I would still go with the Ten shape myself.

But, putting is such a personal thing. You have to putt with something you are comfortable with. Visual aids or not, if you are distracted by what you are looking down at, it will be a struggle. Some of my teammates have been singing the Triple Track praises for over a month now. Has me second guessing my choices, lol. If I end up with a second putter, I will just tell my wife it's their fault.
Yea I think it would be between the 10 and one of the 2-ball options for me. The marxman looks good too, but I've just never cared for that overall shape.

This Is the item I am most excited about. When going through the R&D presentation @Luke WilliamsCG was showing us these and talking about them and I immediately thought, “Nope, too busy for me.” We go into the putter fitting and I’m rolling putts with the Ten and Double Wide without Triple Track. We do the fitting and decide the Double Wide is the one for me. Luke tells me to try Triple Track and I still say, “Nope, too busy.”

We get to the Hideaway for the GD and they made a mistake and I had a Double Wide with Triple Track in my bag. Luke said no worries and assured me they’ll ship me the non TT version. All is good.

We get out on the course and I’m using the CSX w/ TT for the 1st round and I notice how easy it is to get aligned. I’m making everything I look at. Inside of 10ft feels like cheating. After 2 rounds I tell Luke don’t worry ab the replacement, I’m sticking with the Triple Track Ball and PuTTer ad the combo is lethal.

I get home and play in a few matches with my regular group with some money on the line and I’m continuing to make everything. I play in a skins game with my pro where nothing is given and I’m making all the clutch 10 footers and in. This alignment tech has given me so much confidence that I am aligned where I need to be and just put a good stroke on it and it’ll go where you intend it to start.

I understand the impulse to write this off as it looks different and busy as I made the same mistake. I urge everyone to give this tech a try and I can almost guarantee you won’t be sorry. IT WORKS!

2BA7AEC2-907B-40DD-9223-08DA7D5F5A03.jpeg3FAA45BC-A4F6-4EDE-962A-7BAC11ED0F86.jpeg757226B3-8658-4B13-A282-B54435AD8846.jpegC31781D2-7602-4E99-8144-9E1C86546612.jpeg80C328F2-B5C9-47DF-8AE4-16A5ED22B8DE.jpeg4984D45D-AF40-4A13-B340-6D1CA584E341.jpeg

The most staggering thing I saw was watching @McLovin line up his putter of choice. I think it was Mclovin anyway. Then fitter tested alignment with a laser. Then he lined up the Triple Track. Then fitter tested alignment with a laser.

Same shape, lie angle, putting spot and he was off with one putter and nearly spit on with another.

Alright! That does it!! Evnroll is getting traded in!

McLovin's Stroke Lab Black with Triple Track Technology Putter Review (1 of 5)

383AFF79-AA28-4365-BC81-89E4388AD097.jpeg

Stroke Lab Black Putter with Triple Track
Background on me as a golfer

I was fit into the Marxman Stroke Lab Black with Triple Track Technology, 33.5” length, standard lie, standard loft, SuperStroke Fatso 3.0 grip.

My handicap floats around 6 to 8. I keep it there with relatively steady play. I keep the ball in front of me. My best rounds are when I am hitting greens, because my wedge play around the greens is very substandard. On occasion I can squeeze out an above average round when my putter catches fire and I drop some bombs mere mortals aren’t supposed to make!

Over the last few years, I have pretty much been a devotee of Odyssey mallet putters. But prior to that I was a blade guy. I gamed an Anser style putter. But somewhere along the way I developed that most terrifying word of all: the yips.

I don’t recall when it happened, but it was miserable. I worked really hard to fix it. Some of that work was on the green with training aids and reps. Some of that work was with an instructor. And some was buying different putters hoping for relief.

Once I got sorted out, I started to gain confidence in the greens. Around that time Odyssey released their O-Works lineup with the microhinge insert. I fell in love with idea of the 7S with the slant neck and pulled the trigger. I loved that putter! I shot my best round ever with that putter in the bag, an even par 72 and that putter had a large role in the score. Funny story, I played that round with my club guy, and after watching me go ham with that putter, he immediately ordered one for himself!

Around that time the 2018 Grandaddy team was back from paradise, and @dacatalyst41 could not stop singing the praises of the Stroke Lab Tuttle. I posted on the forum that I was interested in that putter, and @mancest reached out to me offering to let me have his since he received the same putter at the Odyssey event.

The SL Tuttle I received from @mancest has a double-bend neck, which was new to me. It also had the Flatso 3.0 which was new to me. And it was 33.5” where I had been playing 34” for the past 5 years. After a brief adjustment period, I came to adore the Tuttle. It held its line remarkably well during stroke without me fighting the face. The insert was firmer providing great feedback. Distance control was incredible thanks to the Stroke Lab technology and high MOI of the head. And the new modified claw I started using to combat the yips was very comfortable with the Flatso 3.0. Although she wasn’t the prettiest girl at the ball, the Tuttle became the darling of my bag. Little did I know a new love was about to enter my life.

McLovin's Stroke Lab Black with Triple Track Technology Putter Review (2 of 5)

843BE316-E847-44DC-B170-9B632F09A61F.jpeg

Tech talk

Let’s rewind a bit. 2019 saw the introduction of Odyssey putters with the White Hot Microhinge insert and Stroke Lab (SL) shafts. In case you are just coming out of a coma and missed the release information, SL re-thought the distribution of weight in the overall putter build, removing weight from the shaft and displacing it to the head and under the hands to improve feel and tempo. The new insert was a bit firmer than the previous O-Works microhinge to improve acoustics and feedback for even better distance control.

For 2020, Odyssey is all-in on the Stroke Lab technology. But they are changing up their Microhinge insert for a Microstar insert, removing the grooves and firming up the feel for a blend of milled and insert. They did confirm that the other improvements to the insert more than compensated for the removal of the grooves in yielding a smooth, efficient forward roll on the ball. The 2020 lineup would be deviating from 2019 by moving to an all-black finish instead of the previous two-tone black and silver from 2019. They also added a couple shapes, and removed others for sku management. In addition, Odyssey would be making the intuitive commitment of pistol grips for the blade shapes and toe hang necks, and fatter grips for most mallets and face balanced necks. And then, the mic dropped.

@Luke WilliamsCG flipped to the next slide and we were introduced to the Triple Track (TT) putters (hereafter referred to as puTTers). Now, we are all familiar with product leaks. And how often do we see an underwhelming pre-release leaked picture, only to see a much improved final product? I had seen a pre-release picture of a TT alignment on a putter head, and it looked, well, unpleasant. I am an unabashed lover of the TT alignment aid on my golf ball, but on the putter it seemed like too much.

When we saw the finished product and some models were passed around during the presentation, the smile on my face could not have been bigger. The puTTers looked amazing! So clean, extremely professional, and to my eye not garish or distracting at all. Two accessories complementing the puTTers really popped hard: the headcover had a sleek TT alignment aid running its length, and the grips (same as the other stock SL grips) had a red, white and blue color scheme to match the alignment aid lines. I mean look at this thing!

BD61A727-1C31-4DAF-BFC0-BBCF0710EB8A.jpeg

072CFCA1-4212-4A26-89F3-1E14F63D160F.jpeg

McLovin's Stroke Lab Black with Triple Track Technology Putter Review (3 of 5)

03DC66EA-DED5-4AF2-8B7D-D2D3953F3C1B.jpeg

My fitting at the Ely Callaway Performance Center for the 2019 Grandaddy of 'Em All

Going into the Grandaddy I really didn’t know what to expect with the putter fitting. Having done a few, I had pretty much written it off for myself. I never learned anything new about my stroke, and never got along with what the fitter recommended. And having such a deep and abiding relationship with my current putter, I was genuinely curious to see what would come out of the fitting. Prior to the product presentation, I expected to be fit into the Bird of Prey or TEN. But after the presentation I knew a puTTer was in my future.

Our fitting was indoors this year. It consisted of walking around the studio to find a putter shape you liked, then working with @Luke WilliamsCG to dial it in or maybe go a different direction. Walking around the studio was fun, picking up different shapes. But as we often find in retail stores, shorter length putters were not available for testing. I started with the SL TEN puTTer in 34”. We were stroking putts of around 10’. There was a backstop board behind the hole with markings indicating various degrees of misalignment to the intended target. There was a mix of balls to use, some with TT and some without. For most of the year I have been using TT, but for the fitting and in respect of Luke’s time I did not use TT (at first).

I rolled a few putts, making pretty much nothing. Mentally I chalked it up to a putter that was too long, and not using TT. Luke asked me to line up to the hole and before stroking the putt to tell him when I thought I was properly aligned. Once I confirmed, he put a laser down to show where the face was actually lined up. I was aimed 4* left of the hole. I'll probably get this wrong, but it seemed to be about 18-24" off target from 10'. With that degree of misalignment, it was virtually impossible to make a putt without major stroke compensations. And I wondered why the yips were happening!

Luke had me use a ball with TT, and my alignment improved to 0.5* left, with a massive improvement in the ability to make the putt. He confirmed what Callaway’s testing already proved: TT alignment aids absolutely WORK. If I recall correctly, their testing shows that TT helps amateur golfers improve accuracy and consistency of alignment 85% of the time inside 10', and 100% of the time outside 10'. That's bonkers, but was proven with me.

With the TEN puTTer, we liked what we were seeing. Luke confirmed that I needed a double bend shaft, and that we needed to go a little shorter. There wasn’t much more to be done, other than settling on shape. We talked about other high MOI mallets, and he mentioned the Marxman. I tried it and really liked the shape. It was a bit of a toss-up between the Marxman and TEN, but the slightly higher MOI of the Marxman sealed the deal. Luke confirmed my preferred length of 33.5” was proper, and we never talked about loft adjustments so I assume I am standard loft. Lastly, I told him although the puTTer grip was really cool with the matching colors, I didn’t care for the feel and preferred the Flatso 3.0. He confirmed its availability with the build team, and the order was set!

AAED9125-562F-41B0-B7B4-94C999E33540.jpeg

McLovin's Stroke Lab Black with Triple Track Technology Putter Review (4 of 5)

Initial feedback

1C691A46-9423-46BF-9721-8E43CEFD4C54.jpeg

6BF57846-02A8-4E38-AFEE-B1C7D76F2525.jpeg

But the true test is what does the putter do on the course? While I wouldn’t say I made everything I looked at during the rounds at the Hideaway, I would say my lines were excellent. I struggled with speed most of the week, as the greens played slower than they looked. This was weather related, and showed as both teams left a fair number of putts short more often than long. I did make some nice putts though, and never lost my faith in the putter.

Back home, I have played two rounds so far with the Marxman puTTer. The first round was at one of the premier private courses in Orlando, where the greens are notoriously fast and treacherous. Tee to green my game was marginal to below average over the 27 holes we played, but on the greens the puTTer was spectacular! I made almost everything I looked at. To the point my playing partners were laughing in disbelief. It was quite the show! Finished off with a 1-under 35 on the final 9 we played. The second round was more of a testing round for the full swing clubs, so I wasn't focused much on putting. That said, the putter still performed excellently, I just had bad reads all day.

I say this with all sincerity: I will not be surprised to see some tour pros switch to a puTTer and go on a tear, only for the USGA to ban TT on the ball or the puTTer or maybe the combination of both. The combination of the aid on the putter tracking perfectly down the aid on the ball feels almost like cheating. It is such a tremendous relief to remove the uncertainty from the alignment and only focus on speed. Golfers are notoriously bad at aligning, and I am a golfer who is worse than most. But with the combo of the aid on the ball and these 2020 SL PuTTers, I have never been more confident on the greens.

Maybe someone from the Zoo Crew can chime in and confirm or correct, but to my recollection, every single member of the Zoo Crew save 1 was gaming a puTTer. Think about that. These guys have access to whatever they want. There's another entire line available in the Stroke Lab Black that guys can bag if your counterpoint would be "well of course they are, they're forced to put the latest in the bag because they work for Callaway." So what does that tell you when these guys have access to anything, and they're all in on puTTers? If nothing else, to me it says you should at least try them.

McLovin's Stroke Lab Black with Triple Track Technology Putter Review (5 of 5)

Review wrap-up thoughts (more to come!)

I have a few videos I want to show you guys. Maybe you'll find them helpful, maybe you won't.

Here's the first video. I want you to see what it looks like putting a puTTer behind a ball with Triple Track. Is it really that "busy" or "distracting?" See for yourself.

View attachment trim.42060A6D-3748-4D24-A2D1-282DDE6FE0F0.MOV

Now, before I go onto the next video, I have to paint a funny picture about that video. It was not shot with a Go Pro. I didn't strap something to my head to shoot that. Instead, I popped out the Pop Socket, and held it in my mouth lmao. Can you imagine warming up on the range, and looking over to see a guy holding his cell phone in his mouth while putting?! You can actually hear me breathing in between that sweet sweet audio of the ball finding the bottom of the cup. The things I do to bring content this forum!!!

The next two videos did not come out as perfectly as I hoped, but pretty close. The test here was meant to show just how much the combination of a puTTer and a ball with a Triple Track alignment aid can help a golfer who struggles with proper alignment. The test was to drop 6 balls, 3 lined up with Triple Track, and 3 Truvis, then try to make the putts. I was by myself, setting up the camera and pressing record then walking over to the balls to stroke putts. I failed to notice in the first video that the focus was off, but I added titles to help. You can see I went 3-for-3 with the TT combo, and 0-for-3 without. Check it out.

View attachment trim.634288E6-CEB7-486B-9A30-A36C8251164C.MOV

In this second video, the focus is better. I went 2-for-3 with TT, and 0-for-3 without. But this second video highlights some other benefits of the TT combo. First, watch how my alignment gets worse and worse for the last 3 putts. My shoulders and feet go more and more left of target (right of target on camera since the view is behind the hole), the alignment issue @Luke WilliamsCG showed me with the laser during my fitting. Also watch how bad my distance control is without the TT combo. And speed control suffers too. I think my tempo is off without the TT combo, and it takes me longer to get comfortable before pulling the trigger. To me this video speaks volumes to the benefits of the TT combo.

View attachment SL Black Marxman PuTTer video.MOV

There has been and will continue to be some spirited debate about Triple Track among internet golfers. Does it work? Or is it too distracting? Maybe the videos above can address some of that. While I absolutely love it and have witnessed firsthand just how helpful it is, I have a couple theories that I am interested to kick around the forum as time goes on. First, I believe Triple Track must be experienced over the course of at least one round of golf before drawing a conclusion. The reason is I believe there is a level of commitment to something so new and visually impactful to people who play a game so deeply ingrained with tradition and comfort. A change like this is best accepted over a slightly longer uptake period. And second, I wonder whether puTTers are better for more SBST strokes than arc strokes. I genuinely wonder whether the stronger arc demographic will find the straight parallel lines distracting, whereas someone trying to keep the face as square as possible would find assistance in visual aids that reaffirm those straight lines toward the target.

If you made it this far, kudos to you! It’s a lot to unpack. I am so incredibly happy with my puTTer, and I hope some of our members and any guests reading along try these and pop in here with their thoughts. A massive thank you to Callaway for the Grandaddy, and for Luke who found the perfect fit for me!

Last edited:
This looks right up my alley! I have the Spider and love. Seeing as how TaylorMade designers now work for Odyssey, you can see the design carry over. Throw triple track on it and I am gonna be hard pressed not to swap out the spider for this Odyssey.

Love the black mallet with the track. Already using the ERC Soft with TT, this will be a fun addition to the family! Really excited to get my hands on these!

I cannot wait for these to hit the local shop. I will certainly be trying these out!!

I really think if you can get somewhere and see it in hand and roll it a few times you will be able to see the differences.
It does take some getting used to. I wear and Rx, and I have to take my glasses of to putt, but with the TT on the puTTer it makes a big difference.

While I am personally not a fan, I think these will be popular. I think these create kind of a package deal where you need to play the Callaway ball as well to get the most out of it. Which is smart on Cally's part.

While I am personally not a fan, I think these will be popular. I think these create kind of a package deal where you need to play the Callaway ball as well to get the most out of it. Which is smart on Cally's part.
See, this is an interesting discussion because I actually think it does more for the opposite. A lot of people are like me and use the blank side of the ball, and then line the putter head itself up. Sure, people can use them together, but I think this does more for people who line up the putter for alignment instead.

See, this is an interesting discussion because I actually think it does more for the opposite. A lot of people are like me and use the blank side of the ball, and then line the putter head itself up. Sure, people can use them together, but I think this does more for people who line up the putter for alignment instead.

Me too and so do a lot of people I spoke to. With both Triple Track in play, you can spend a few seconds getting it situated just right and personally as someone that plays really fast, I struggled there.

With that said, using the normal ball I play, a custom Truvis, this was effortless and if people are about fitting, its worth it to test out on lasers because I didn't believe it and it was eye opening.

I am a fan of triple track and had my old putter refinished last summer using TT as inspiration. If I ever fall out of love with my EXO Marksman, I will try my restored putter first, but I will definitely be trying these out at some point. Lots of tech in a modern odyssey mallet than is in my old putter from the 90’s. My refinished odyssey 990 putter:
View attachment 8922992

marxman you say? hehe

7CD1561E-D57B-4659-956A-1C67AE875747.jpeg

Last edited:
I got the same TT Ten S as @JMB3, except with a double bend instead of an s-neck. And I absolutely love it.

Let me first say that going into the Grandaddy, I was somewhat skeptical. I had seen an early picture and I didn't think the TT looked good on the putters at all. It wasn't so much that I need to look down at something perfectly clean as it just didn't seem well done. As it turns out, that's the danger in judging bootleg prototype photos of something that won't be released for months and months. Whether you like TT or not, the finished product is very well done.

Still, I wasn't sure that I needed that much going on as far as alignment aids. I knew I liked the Ten shape, but my preference was just for the regular Stroke Lab black version. But while I was waiting around for my turn at the fitting, I picked up the TT just to check it out. And the putts started going in. Then, they kept going in. I think during my actual fitting with @Luke WilliamsCG, I made something like 13 of 15 from 12 feet or so. It was such a good fit for me that toward the end, he said something like, "I feel like I need to do something here so you feel like you've actually been fit, maybe we should bend it a degree flat."

For those who are worried that you need to use it with a TT ball, you don't. I just used a plain white ball during the fitting and that's what I've been practicing with at home. The TT on the putter is just as helpful with a regular ball.

For those who are worried that using a combination of the TT putter and a TT ball is going to slow down play because it will take forever to line up, that's not true either. The combination is absolutely fantastic. You just line up the TT on the ball like you would usually use an alignment line on a ball, then step into the putt. You will know instantly if you don't have the TT on the putter lined up with the TT on the ball and adjusting it takes a second or two, at most. It is no different than adjusting any other alignment aid on a putter. And with the combination of both, it is very, very difficult to miss your line. You might not have picked the right one and you might not hit it the right speed, but unless you do something yippy, you're going to hit your line.

One of the things I found the most fascinating was something that @jeffneubarth told me. He and @JasonFinleyCG took a trip to see the inventor of the TT technology and (I'm hope I'm not getting the details wrong) there is research demonstrating that the longer you use the technology, the better your eyes adapt and the more proficient you become with it. I definitely plan to put that to the test this year.

So, is TT going to be for everyone? My take is that everyone should at least be open to seeing if can benefit their putting. If you are dead set on looking down at something super clean when you putt, chances are you're going to go in a different direction. But if your first priority is making more putts, I'd strongly recommend putting those aesthetic biases aside and trying TT out. That doesn't mean you have to go spend $300 to buy one right away. Go to the store, spend 15-20 minutes putting with one. See if you like the performance, even if the looks aren't your first choice. Maybe you will and what's the worst that could happen?

Back