Odyssey Triple Track Putters

I‘ve liked the thought of a putter with TT technology since I saw this from Sacks Parente. But, the price tag said no!
CEA52401-6801-495D-989F-90C31D81B4E4.jpeg6C05CA19-F5C6-4735-A054-08E454AAC46B.jpeg

I’ll say this, I 100% that for this to work at its most optimal, it needs to be on the top line and not dropped down on the flange like the DW. It doesn’t mean it won’t help there, but that drop WILL play with peoples eyes.

I get what you are saying but if the lie is proper then it shouldn’t matter.

Myself and @McLovin are 2 huge proponents of this and he has it on top line and I have it on flange. It has been a game changer for me.

I want you to roll my 2-ball....putter. Seriously though, it’s obnoxiously effective. I’ve been working it with HS kids who CANNOT align putts and it’s legit.

this is the story in a nutshell. and I also wonder how often people think they hit a good putt but it just didn't go in, was it because of misalignment or the bad read, or an imperfection in the green? for some, using a puTTer can help answer at least one of those questions and remove a variable.

imho it's in the original post: Vernier Hyper Acuity. the thickness, spacing, and color of those lines is very intentional.
It’s the same reason aircraft carriers use the layout they do. Just different colors.

Initial take in two words?

Annoyingly effective.

I know some will accuse me of being over positive in these reviews or being on the take or whatever, but long time readers know Callaway lost me last year and it started with Rogue before that. This sequence of releases though are just good. I really think it might be them, Cobra, and then everyone else this year.
Nah, I'll trust you with putter info.

I get what you are saying but if the lie is proper then it shouldn’t matter.

Myself and @McLovin are 2 huge proponents of this and he has it on top line and I have it on flange. It has been a game changer for me.
I’ll disagree with that forever in that I’m again NOT saying it ISNT as effective. But it’s not AS effective.

There are some of the Callaway crew who agree with that sentiment as well, his name rhymes with Raun Coulon. ;)

this is the story in a nutshell. and I also wonder how often people think they hit a good putt but it just didn't go in, was it because of misalignment or the bad read, or an imperfection in the green? for some, using a puTTer can help answer at least one of those questions and remove a variable.
I’d say well beyond 70% of the time.

I’ll disagree with that forever in that I’m again NOT saying it ISNT as effective. But it’s not AS effective.

There are some of the Callaway crew who agree with that sentiment as well, his name rhymes with Raun Coulon. ;)

Fair enough, and I can 100% see what you are saying esp if lie is off or eyes aren’t above ball, etc.

I can also say that for me this has drastically improved my putting from inside of 10ft.

I hope those who give these a shot love them. However, for me, I'll stick to my single line on the ball and single line on the top of my putter. Just too busy for me.

Fair enough, and I can 100% see what you are saying esp if lie is off or eyes aren’t above ball, etc.

I can also say that for me this has drastically improved my putting from inside of 10ft.
Fwiw, I also don’t believe in eyes directly above the ball. :p

Again though. Not saying it won’t work. Just that when it’s at its most effective it’ll be at top line height.

For me, considering it's JUST to the right about 90% of those misses...Id say its often due to alignment haha. Yo necesito triple track

For me, considering it's JUST to the right about 90% of those misses...Id say its often due to alignment haha. Yo necesito triple track

brosef i'm telling you, at least give it a try! for those who burn edges, how many times have you kicked yourself for a bad read? i'm telling you I really think it's bad alignment more often than a bad read.

imho it's in the original post: Vernier Hyper Acuity. the thickness, spacing, and color of those lines is very intentional.
No I read the whole write-up about Vernier Hyper Acuity but I've also rolled al lot of putters that have multiple lines on their heads, just wanted to know what the difference was between the TT and something like the old Zebra putters from someone's perspective that rolled these.

Interesting technology here. Don’t love the look but if it helped my game I could definitely put it in play. Love my current Odyssey putter.

No I read the whole write-up about Vernier Hyper Acuity but I've also rolled al lot of putters that have multiple lines on their heads, just wanted to know what the difference was between the TT and something like the old Zebra putters from someone's perspective that rolled these.

I think I can actually speak to this as well, having gamed a Zebra putter many years ago, and also having recently gamed the SL Tuttle for most of 2019. The Tuttle has 3 lines that extend the length of its head. But the precision in aiming between that putter and these new puTTers is much improved for me. I'm one who uses the ball with the puTTer, though. I will say it again and a thousand times more: It honestly feels like cheating.

Fwiw, I also don’t believe in eyes directly above the ball. :p

Again though. Not saying it won’t work. Just that when it’s at its most effective it’ll be at top line height.

We are on same page...not really...but we are!

The takeaway for me is that the tech is real and helps average golfers line up better more than by not using it no matter which model you try.

Some models may work better than other at this, but they all work to a degree.

Fair?

brosef i'm telling you, at least give it a try! for those who burn edges, how many times have you kicked yourself for a bad read? i'm telling you I really think it's bad alignment more often than a bad read.
Dude I'm struggling not hitting the pre-order button here. haha I just need to try out both the 2-ball and 2-ball blade to decide first.

We are on same page...not really...but we are!

The takeaway for me is that the tech is real and helps average golfers line up better more than by not using it no matter which model you try.

Some models may work better than other at this, but they all work to a degree.

Fair?
Fair. But I’m going to warp some minds in my review with some of these Sean quotes hahaha

:oops:??:oops::censored::censored:;)

What is more important on the green?

Alignment, reading of greens, speed/touch, squaring the putter/path?

I think this is definitely more than a training aide but still a training aide. A lot of things go into putting and no doubt if your alignment is on point you're making more putts.... unless you are so bad at alignment that it makes up for the poor green reading and the ball still goes in :cool:.

I see this more for mid-high caps than low and anyone on the tour.

I'd like to try it for something like 30 days on the course.

Fair. But I’m going to warp some minds in my review with some of these Sean quotes hahaha

:oops:??:oops::censored::censored:;)

When is the review dropping? Can’t wait!

A lot of talk about the lines. What about the Microhinge Star Insert. Is this different than the O-works and Exo insert?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of talk about the lines. What about the Microhinge Star Insert. Is this different than the O-works and Exo insert?

Same one on the Ten and bird of prey that came out. Basically a slightly firmer insert than the OG stroke lab and exo.

Odyssey triple track paired up with the ERC or whatever new unnamed ball will be a winner this season! Maybe unstoppable :love:.

I can't speak to the Exo insert, but it is quite a bit different than O-works. The evolution was O-works to Microhinge to Microhinge Star. And to me it's soft, soft/firm, firmer. The new insert is by no means firm, but it is definitely firmer than the last 2. And a lot of our guys who prefer milled putters say this is one of the best inserts they have felt. Personally I loved the softness of the O-works, and when I first tried the Microhinge in last year's putters I was hitting the putts too firm, but got accustomed to it quickly. This new insert didn't take any adjustment, and my distance control has been really good.

Back