Odyssey Triple Track Putters

mikeg_74

2015 Grandaddy | 2019 Grandaddy AssCap
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
11ish
Every year at #TheGrandaddy THPers get an inside look at some of the most innovative equipment and designs coming from Callaway/Odyssey. This year was no exception. We’ve all seen the Mavrik lineup, and whether you are a fan or not, there is no denying Callaway and Odyssey are constantly pushing the technology envelope to help golfers of all skill levels. They are setting the standard for success and performance.

So, what do you do when you are Odyssey with the #1 Putter in Golf, the #1 Putter on EVERY major worldwide Tour, #1 in worldwide putter wins, and the #1 Putter at every major championship in 2019? You set the bar even higher by introducing a new line of putters that will surely get people talking. Always inspired to deliver amazing technology and innovation, Odyssey is introducing a new lineup of Triple Track putters. This line of putters is a direct result of inspiration that came from the Triple Track golf ball.

The new Odyssey Triple Track Putters all have the distinct three lines that are prominently featured at the center of the putter head. The Triple Track Technology utilizes Vernier Hyper Acuity, the same visual technology used to land planes on aircraft carriers, to easily improve your alignment for better putting accuracy. When you can find the right line, you’ve got a much better chance of making the putt. This technology will be introduced with the Ten, 2-Ball, 2-Ball Blade, Double Wide and Marxman putter shapes.

Stroke Lab will continue to be offered with the Triple Track putters. For those who might have missed it, Stroke lab is the innovative, multi-material Stroke Lab shaft shaft technology that is a combination of steel and graphite. The design allows weight to be redistributed into the head and hands of the putter. This helps improve tempo which results in a more balanced and consistent putting stroke.

The new Microhinge Star insert is the third piece to this puzzle. We all know golfers are a picky bunch and deciding on a putter is no exception. We know what we like and at times it’s hard to describe, but we all can relate to feel. Feel off the face of a putter is a key component and Odyssey understands this. With feel in mind and soliciting feedback from tour players, the Microhinge Star insert creates a firm feel and enhanced sound at impact while maintaining the same roll characteristics of the Tour-proven White Hot Microhinge.

While the Odyssey Triple Track putters may not be for everyone, there is no denying that all three of these impressive technologies, combined into one putter, will provide a great opportunity for every golfer to become a more consistent putter.

Introducing the new Odyssey Triple Track line of putters. Available on 1/30/20 for $249.99

Triple-Track-putter-family 23.jpg

View attachment 8922955

Triple-Track-putter-family 38.jpg

Last edited:
Based on the pics in the other thread that popped up I wasn't a fan, but they didn't show that this would be available on the Double Wide
Seeing as I have the O-Works #1W I might just give the Double Wide a try and see how it compares

When these were introduced at the Grandaddy I was skeptical along with some of the other guys. They’ll have reviews soon and I won’t steal that thunder, but I’ll say this

1. It will not make players slower. Speaking with the brain trust at Odyssey they care about pace of play as much as we do. This technology in the putter is all about lining you up properly because as much as we think we are lined up, most often we are not.

2. This is more than drawing three lines on the top of a putter. There is real science behind Triple Track and the golf ball has proved that to be successful.

The most staggering thing I saw was watching @McLovin line up his putter of choice. I think it was Mclovin anyway. Then fitter tested alignment with a laser. Then he lined up the Triple Track. Then fitter tested alignment with a laser.

Same shape, lie angle, putting spot and he was off with one putter and nearly spit on with another.

I can see why there might be some concern with these, they look pretty busy on the top. I know triple track works on the ball, I’m guessing it’s pretty solid on top of the putter. I definitely want to see these in hand. I’m really happy with my current putter, but that two ball shape kinda speaks to me.

I can see the benefits of triple track and will try it. I don't know which - TT ball, TT putter or both - will better help me with alignment but I will try out all of the options.

Mike great write up man!

As much as I love Callaway/Odyssey these aren’t for me.

Props to them for trying this and I am sure tons of people will enjoy them

Great write-up @mikeg_74 .....definitely going to have to test drive one of these out, I’m always one who lines up the ball dead center but at impact, ball impact at the face is more towards the toe, at least I am told. I wonder if this would make any difference and help me re-align at impact. Time to experiment, just need to find a golf store that carries the entire lineup....now that could take like 6 months ☹️.

Interesting. Can't say I'm in love, based on these pictures. But I will reserve judgment until I see them in person

Mike great write up man!

As much as I love Callaway/Odyssey these aren’t for me.

Props to them for trying this and I am sure tons of people will enjoy them

Thanks!

I’m with you in that these don’t immediately jump out as a putter I would gravitate towards. That being said, these look really good in hand and they feel/look a lot less busy at address. I rolled a few and after several putts the Triple Track blended in nicely.

For me the insert is where I’m not the target golfer. I like a milled face and the feel/sound it generates on impact. The new insert is firm and audibly different from the first version, but I can’t do it.

Odyssey has done their homework and these will sell IMO.

Thanks!

I’m with you in that these don’t immediately jump out as a putter I would gravitate towards. That being said, these look really good in hand and they feel/look a lot less busy at address. I rolled a few and after several putts the Triple Track blended in nicely.

For me the insert is where I’m not the target golfer. I like a milled face and the feel/sound it generates on impact. The new insert is firm and audibly different from the first version, but I can’t do it.

Odyssey has done their homework and these will sell IMO.

I definitely don’t disagree they should sell
And well.

I am pretty married to the Las Vegas right now anyway

Out of them all I think I could do the Double Wide but they do look a little busy on top. I'm sure it helps tremendously though. Would like to see these in hand. May see if the Edwin Watts has any when I take my clubs in to get the lofts checked today.

I definitely don’t disagree they should sell
And well.

I am pretty married to the Las Vegas right now anyway

I'm with you. My Las Vegas is rolling really well right now, but where there are golfers like us who like that milled face, there are as many (if not more) who love the White Hot insert and all the variations Odyssey has created from it. Hearing the story on the Microhinge Star and how it was developed told me a lot of the golfers who felt the first version was too soft, will love this one.

Those look much better than I thought they would and If I didn't love my Seemore I would give one of these a hard ponder.

Great write-up @mikeg_74 .....definitely going to have to test drive one of these out, I’m always one who lines up the ball dead center but at impact, ball impact at the face is more towards the toe, at least I am told. I wonder if this would make any difference and help me re-align at impact. Time to experiment, just need to find a golf store that carries the entire lineup....now that could take like 6 months ☹.

I wish I had take a video while we were there, but as @JB mentioned, part of the fitting process was to have the guys line up putts where they felt they were lined up properly, then the laser was introduced showing how far off line they really were. @Luke WilliamsCG & @TonyToulon helped them make the adjustments with this putter and then once they were lined up again, introduced the laser and the guys were lined up at the hole or pretty damn close.

I'll check and see if the Grandaddy participants have some still pictures to share, because it will help tell this story way more effectively than I can. More than likely you'll start seeing those results when the reviews come in later this morning.

First thought was that Callaway is looking at a smallEr segment here- triple track ball users. @JB set that straight in his post, about putter aim. It’s an interesting concept, so kudos to Odyssey for again thinking outside the box.

Based off those pics, the one look I gravitated to was the Ten. Imo the graphics look way better in that shape.

Nice write up @mikeg_74 !! I like the look of them based on these pictures and look forward to seeing them in person soon to see if they continue to appeal to me.

I wish I had take a video while we were there, but as @JB mentioned, part of the fitting process was to have the guys line up putts where they felt they were lined up properly, then the laser was introduced showing how far off line they really were. @Luke WilliamsCG & @TonyToulon helped them make the adjustments with this putter and then once they were lined up again, introduced the laser and the guys were lined up at the hole or pretty damn close.

I'll check and see if the Grandaddy participants have some still pictures to share, because it will help tell this story way more effectively than I can. More than likely you'll start seeing those results when the reviews come in later this morning.
Question on that- was the ball also aligned to the target, whether by triple track or the alignment mark?

A little too busy for me on the top line plus I am a feel guy and have come to not like inserts and prefer a milled face for that feel and sound.

Great write up Mike. I don’t like the busy look. However it could be with multiple putters in the picture all I see is lines across the screen. Anyone have a picture of just one from the top?

Full review coming in a bit, but from 10ft and in this is cheating!

Not only does it help your alignment but seeing this TT lines helps your path and stroke. Something about those TT lines on the puTTer is very confidence inspiring!

Question on that- was the ball also aligned to the target, whether by triple track or the alignment mark?

Honestly I don't remember. I know the TT balls were in there when the guys were being fit, but not 100% sure they were used for the fitting. Hopefully the guys can chime in.

I think the biggest takeaway that was mentioned is that these putters are designed to work independently from the TT ball. So if the putter and ball combination is too much for you, removing the ball from the equation doesn't diminish the benefits you can get from the TT putter.

Great write up Mike. I don’t like the busy look. However it could be with multiple putters in the picture all I see is lines across the screen. Anyone have a picture of just one from the top?

Hang tight the reviews will pop in and you will see those individual shots. I'll also dig some up and share later.

At first, I wasn't sold on the idea during the presentation. I felt it would be too busy for me. During my putter fitting at ECPC, I was not expecting to go with the Triple Track putter, but I sure am glad I did!

I originally had the #7 shape and Luke pointed me to try the Triple Track putters. I settled with the #10 with the SS Traxion 2.0 pistol counter core weight at 33.75"

image0.jpeg

After a couple tweaks on ball placement in my stance, I was hitting the cup dead center 10 times in a row. That is without the TT ball. I knew something was working. After my fitting, I took the putter to try various distances and lining up the TT ball with the putter...10 feet, 15 feet, 5 feet, etc. It was going in. It like getting a 'putt preview' mode in Tiger Woods PGA video games.

Now, I'm sure you're thinking "But that would take me too long to get the ball lined up and to try to line up the putter with the TT on the ball" Let me tell you, that is not the case at all! I thought the same too, but it actually helped me set up faster. The 3 lines on the ball has a sharper visual line towards the hole to aid you in setting the line path. A single line - I found myself constantly adjusting a few degrees left or right, which took time. It was much quicker to set as it gave me a better visual path to the hole. Then I set up the putter next to the ball and it was surprisingly quick to set it. It also makes you set the face more squared. Because of those two things (TT ball and putter) working so well together it eliminates self doubt and gave me a lot of confidence over my putts. If I miss the putts, its usually because I got the speed wrong.

I've had 4 rounds with this putter so far and each time, I make more and more putts, especially from longer distances...on the winter greens. Once you train yourself to line up better with this putter, you will become a better putter and the test Callaway has done proves that!

image1.jpeg
(yes, I was left of the hole but this was done real quick to capture the visual set up)

Do not pass on trying this. check it out in person when it comes out and spend some time with it, once you realize how many putts you are making, you will quickly get over the look and fall in love with it. This is my 2nd favorite club in my bag, behind the Mavrik driver.

Last edited:
The most staggering thing I saw was watching @McLovin line up his putter of choice. I think it was Mclovin anyway. Then fitter tested alignment with a laser. Then he lined up the Triple Track. Then fitter tested alignment with a laser.

Same shape, lie angle, putting spot and he was off with one putter and nearly spit on with another.
For this reason I am absolutely making sure they have these models in stock when I get my first putter fitting this year. The triple track on the balls do seem easier to align so I'm sure it's the same with the putters

Back