Odyssey White Hot OG Putters

@Jman great photos! Apologies if I missed this, but what kind of shaft is that? And do you prefer it over the new Stroke Lab?

@Jman great photos! Apologies if I missed this, but what kind of shaft is that? And do you prefer it over the new Stroke Lab?
I can’t talk about the shaft yet, buuuuut soon!

Thank you for the kind words!

I mean this.

There is NOTHING that doesn’t scream high quality about these putters. No corners were cut, and it’s clear a major focus was put on form and finish.

View attachment 8990865View attachment 8990866View attachment 8990867View attachment 8990868View attachment 8990869View attachment 8990870View attachment 8990871View attachment 8990872
I didn't notice it was a tri sole initially. I still think that weight looks goofy (the design of it) otherwise it's a great looking putter.

It’s going to be really really hard to walk out of the shop without one of these in hand on Saturday.

Update: Went to the shop today. It was actually really really easy to walk out without one today...

They didn’t have it in stock 😞
They ordered a 1ws for me though.
#soon

Update: Went to the shop today. It was actually really really easy to walk out without one today...

They didn’t have it in stock 😞
They ordered a 1ws for me though.
#soon
Nice! That one looks slick!

I just picked up a #1ws, at 34", with the Stroke Lab Shaft. I can't decide whether that is a really kick-a$$ name for a shaft, or a really awkward name for a shaft, but that's a different topic altogether.

I couldn't help it. It's 18 degrees out tonight, no golf in sight, what was I supposed to do? A putting matt in the basement needs to keep me sane until our course opens back up. No way that was happening without a new putter.

It's early of course, but love the feel, love the fit and finish, and the magnetic closure is extremely satisfying.

Last edited:
I had my mind made up I was going with a milled face putter this year then I saw these today at the shop and rolled them and hot damn do they feel good! Crazy soft but in a good way.

Now I just need to pick one. Rolled the 1ws and 7 really well.

Its a nice nice putter. i still have my old one. Its the oldest piece of equipment i have, that putter. Its a 2ball, i like it because it never runs out of style. Its not in my bag but thats only because i bought a ping anser. i like them both.

All of this White Hot insert talk has made me curious as to what I might be missing. So I did a little carpet putting with my ProType 9 HT ix to refresh my memory. I'm normally a "milled" guy, but it definitely has a nice feel.

Looking forward to giving the Rossi a try when I get the chance.

I had my mind made up I was going with a milled face putter this year then I saw these today at the shop and rolled them and hot damn do they feel good! Crazy soft but in a good way.

Now I just need to pick one. Rolled the 1ws and 7 really well.
The feel is addicting. Best insert of all time there.

Rolled the #1,#7, and the two ball all with regular shaft at DSG Friday. They still had the plastic on the heads but felt pretty good. I still can’t putt with a mallet to save my life but rolled some really good putts with the #1.

Picking up a #1WS on Thursday to replace my ACTUAL OG #3

I did some of the best putting of my life with the original white hot blades. I just wish the sight line was on the top line.

These things look great though, even the grip seems right up my alley. Glad to see them without a SuperStroke grip.

322d373923b1c08caab5e74d43c79a39.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did some of the best putting of my life with the original white hot blades. I just wish the sight line was on the top line.

These things look great though, even the grip seems right up my alley. Glad to see them without a SuperStroke grip.

322d373923b1c08caab5e74d43c79a39.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some pinstriping tape and you could be good to go.

I got a chance to check these out in person this weekend, first impressions, the red is quite a bit brighter on the stroke lab shaft than the black I have now, I don't know if I could get over that, the stock grip is awesome, really firm, but felt great. That insert! YES PLEASE, if only there were some other head shapes, they didn't have the 5, but I have a feeling that may find itself in the rotation at some point this season.

These putters look so damn clean....

I just want triple track...

Really liking my Toulon Vegas (non SL) but this thread is having my wonder if I should pick one of these up....Unfortunately I see not all models available in Left Handed yet.

I might need a 1WS. I don’t have all of the nostalgia of the original putters but these feel fantastic. Need more time with it in store.

Went to GG yesterday in hopes of finding a new putter. I landed on the OG 7s. They only had a 35" so I asked them to cut it down and add a new grip to it and I absolutely love it.

I was between this one and the Stroke lab 7 and the insert in this one is what I was looking for and I can't wait to get out and play. The insert is awesome!

Went to GG yesterday in hopes of finding a new putter. I landed on the OG 7s. They only had a 35" so I asked them to cut it down and add a new grip to it and I absolutely love it.

I was between this one and the Stroke lab 7 and the insert in this one is what I was looking for and I can't wait to get out and play. The insert is awesome!

Pics or it didn't happen 🤣

YES! This makes me very happy.

Back