Odyssey White Hot OG Putters

Great write up @Jman! I have a feeling these will be a big seller for Odyssey!

Great to see these come back

i bought a 2 ball blade from a guy back in 2006. He asked for it back so I sent it to him
In 2014. We both loved that putter!

The more I think about the more I don't think I've ever owned a White Hot insert from Odyssey. :unsure:

There is no time like the present. :)

I'm in! I remember the smooth silky feeling of the White Hot! Can't wait to see the showcase showcasing them!

Red shaft or no red shaft?

Red shaft all day long. I've seen the pictures. I've talked the tech. Go with the red shaft. Looking down on it at address it turns deep red. from the side its candy apple red like a hot rod. And its a step forward stability wise to the black SL shaft.

Red shaft all day long. I've seen the pictures. I've talked the tech. Go with the red shaft. Looking down it turns deep red. from the side its candy apple red like a hot rod. And its a step forward stability wise to the black SL shaft.
Why can't it be blue? The red makes it too Ohio for me :ROFLMAO:

Why can't it be blue? The red makes it too Ohio for me :ROFLMAO:

Especially with the grey grips. :D I suppose nothing a can of spray paint and a new grip won't fix. ;)

Ahhh where’s the Triple Track?! I gave up my White Hot XG 2-Ball after a decade and found immediate success with the Triple Track Ten. But that candy apple red is very interesting, I love my stroke lab shaft!

Nice. I'm liking the red shafts that were shown elsewhere and these look good too.

i found this one from one as well. They look really good.
1610633332546.jpeg

Looks really nice but I think I prefer black.

looking forward to trying this.

I would have liked it with the black OWorks putter better myself.

I would have liked it with the black OWorks putter better myself.
I get the nod to the original that they are doing here. I do think there are a lot of people that will have a soft spot for these and they'll sell well. Hopefully, we'll see this insert as a possible option in some of the releases from the past year or two.

I get the nod to the original that they are doing here. I do think there are a lot of people that will have a soft spot for these and they'll sell well. Hopefully, we'll see this insert as a possible option in some of the releases from the past year or two.

I have no doubt they will sell a ton of these. I know locally at the course I go to, I see a lot of the older WH putters and I would imagine they grab a new one.

They’ll sell extremely well. I’d place a large wager on that.

I have no doubt they will sell a ton of these. I know locally at the course I go to, I see a lot of the older WH putters and I would imagine they grab a new one.
Mentioned it in the article, but they have admitted it’s their number one request from Tour, fitters, stores, and just average golfers.

not sold on the red shafts especially with all the classic shapes.
The improved stability though in the new SL will more than make up for any color issues for most imo. Plus, red is classic Odyssey for a classic Odyssey design imo.

Pretty cool to see them bring these back. I'd like to see this in the Marxman, but I'll probably try some styles as well.

I love seeing this insert come back and with such classic shapes. At some point I'll be picking up a Rossie when they start hitting the used market. I may have to track down a 2 Ball for my daughter too.

I may have missed it in the article but do we know what the head weight is on these?
That new Rossie looks amazing with the thinner topline.

Reactions: KEV
That was the fascinating part of the article for me no question. Such a cool story
Truly appreciate you taking the time to read the whole article my man. Truth. (y)

These look so good. When we saw them in the presentation the Callaway guys explained how everyone has been requesting this insert and pros still don't want to move out of it. They have tried making inserts with similar properties but people still want the original white hot. They explained the history of how this face came about and that the manufacturing process is more intensive but in the end they decided to make it the same way and same formula as the original. They slightly adjusted some of the shapes / rounded some of the edges and they look fantastic!!
Talked about that in the piece, it’s such a fun story to tell!:love:

The new stroke lab shaft is more than just a new paint job as well. There is a shorter stepless steel section, it's 7 grams lighter, and it's stiffer and more stable. The feedback they got on the original is that it felt soft due to the light weight so they've looked to address that. In testing versus the original stroke lab shaft are seeing 6% more consistent time to impact, 9% more consistent impact location, and 6% more consistent swing arc. They are excited about the improvements to what was already a great shaft!

The new stroke lab shaft is more than just a new paint job as well. There is a shorter stepless steel section, it's 7 grams lighter, and it's stiffer and more stable. The feedback they got on the original is that it felt soft due to the light weight so they've looked to address that. In testing versus the original stroke lab shaft are seeing 6% more consistent time to impact, 9% more consistent impact location, and 6% more consistent swing arc. They are excited about the improvements to what was already a great shaft!
Ok this has me really excited

Back