Odyssey White Hot OG Putters

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Let it be known that Odyssey Golf listens. They listen to their Tour staff, their professional staff, sales team, and they listen to us. Why do I lead with this? Because finally, the company is giving us what so many have asked for, the White Hot is back!

That said, in the immortal words of one LL Cool J, “Don’t call it a comeback, I been here for years”. 

WHITE-HOT-OG-FAMILY-1.jpg

For 2021 Odyssey Golf is officially releasing the White Hot OG lineup of putters, and this putter nerd who has been screaming from the rooftops for years about officially bringing the greatest putter insert of all-time back couldn’t hold back the excitement even if I wanted to. 

Let’s dive in. 

Legend of the White Hot

Before we get to the

[url=https://www.thehackersparadise.com/odyssey-white-hot-og-putters/]Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
I used a White Hot for years when I was first learning golf. I'll definitely give these a roll.

I had a two ball for a while and was lights out with it. I then sold it, and I'm still not quite sure why I did that. I will be investigating these hard.

Great write up James. Never have played an Odyssey with the White Hot insert but after the history your shared I definitely will make sure I give them a roll once life gets back to normal. Thanks for sharing.

I am certainly interested in giving these a roll. I have always been a bit of a putter hoarder and this might be the one club I buy this year.

Needs Triple Track....

I never games the White Hot insert and am in love with my Toulon Atlanta and TT Double Wide both with S hosel.

That being said the legend of the insert intrigues me and the new SL shaft is a huge bonus. I might pickup the 7s or RossieS and give it a few rolls!

Hard to argue with Odyssey’s track record with putters!

I need a new putter in the worst way. No confidence in what I’m playing at all. These will get a roll for sure.

These are clean classic looks. Will be interested in the feel as I have never played a round with one.

Some in hand pictures.

LEGENDARY.

That is honest to goodness what the White Hot insert is. When over half of your Odyssey users on Tour, which is way more users than any other brand, are having this insert retrofitted into the new heads, it speaks volumes.

This one honestly excites me, and I cannot wait to get one in hand at the Showcase!

Going to try one out. Old and new with style.

I just woke up from a dream and entered reality!!! The White Hot is back!!! This now makes my relic 2-Ball White Hot no longer a relic. Unfortunately I will be opening the pocket book and adding a 2-Ball OG to the back!!!

Great write up @Jman and you couldn’t have started it off better than...”Don’t call it a comeback!!!”

I just woke up from a dream and entered reality!!! The White Hot is back!!! This now makes my relic 2-Ball White Hot no longer a relic. Unfortunately I will be opening the pocket book and adding a 2-Ball OG to the back!!!

Great write up @Jman and you couldn’t have started it off better than...”Don’t call it a comeback!!!”
The 2 Ball looks good.

90B68D94-7613-4358-A00B-E6BD64186989.jpeg
3D4D6FA2-A013-41FA-9422-D4C208666681.jpeg
55DB5C52-808F-474E-8DC2-8FE3D3C6C5D1.jpeg90B68D94-7613-4358-A00B-E6BD64186989.jpeg3D4D6FA2-A013-41FA-9422-D4C208666681.jpeg55DB5C52-808F-474E-8DC2-8FE3D3C6C5D1.jpeg

This is a clean and classic look. For nostalgia purposes I most likely will pick one up. Immediately I think about my 9yr old who has been asking for a two-ball putter. She's left handed so it's been tough to track one down, but I think I am going to try and get her one of these.

I will say, I did hope we would see a Ten with this insert. For a decade now I’ve dreamed about that shape with an actual quality insert in it.

Really cool. When I was starting to get into golf and golf gear I almost got a used White Hot 2 ball putter. Loved the feel, but went with something else. Always wished I had gone that route. Another putter ponder for me in 2021.

The 2 Ball looks good.
Man you aren’t kidding!!! Not much difference from this one!
image.jpg
I will have one!!!

Never hit this insert before. All I can't think is there is no way it can live up to the hype train surrounding it. No way. 😂

Never hit this insert before. All I can't think is there is no way it can live up to the hype train surrounding it. No way. 😂
Oh it will.

Also also, haha, I can’t say enough how cool it is to hear the story behind the WH insert and how after years of trying to create a higher performance (quicker roll) version they couldn’t ever quite nail it, which is something I’ve mentioned in a few review articles over the years. Then to dig deeper and see that it’s basically the perfect storm of an insert for sound, feel, and flex through impact.

Love that kind of deep tech talk.

This is a clean and classic look. For nostalgia purposes I most likely will pick one up. Immediately I think about my 9yr old who has been asking for a two-ball putter. She's left handed so it's been tough to track one down, but I think I am going to try and get her one of these.
Yep my daughter has been asking for the same thing since playing around with mine that is in my bag in my office.

Also also, haha, I can’t say enough how cool it is to hear the story behind the WH insert and how after years of trying to create a higher performance (quicker roll) version they couldn’t ever quite nail it, which is something I’ve mentioned in a few review articles over the years. Then to dig deeper and see that it’s basically the perfect storm of an insert for sound, feel, and flex through impact.

Love that kind of deep tech talk.
I enjoyed that part of the article and read it multiple times!

I enjoyed that part of the article and read it multiple times!
I appreciate that brother! I always enjoy writing about putters, this one struck special though since I’ve been begging for this to happen for about a decade now :ROFLMAO:

Back