Odyssey White Hot OG Putters

Fwiw, I’ve had these out in direct sunlight with no issues, even the mallet 2-ball, it’s a true satin finish. BUT, as a putterhead (addict) I totally get your stance. I just don’t think we will see the OG’s in a dark finish.
That's alright, I like my black SL double wide, so it's all good. It's always tempting to try something new, although.

I might have to get a slant neck #7 just for the red stroke lab shaft

Ever get the feeling they were developed after some guy at Odyssey was just bouncing two golf balls against one another and said to himself.... “hey, wait.... what if.....”
I was listening to a podcast on the Callaway site and they said that the person who suggested using the material for the White Hot insert was none other than Ely himself, his reasoning being that the ball cover material felt great, so why not use it for an insert.

I never got along with the original white hot but I keep trying these when I go to PGA store... Very soft feel at impact which im sure alot of people love but it just doesnt work for me. I like the shape of the 7 but I dont care for the feel off the face

I never really got into putters with inserts. I prefer a solid chunk of metal, lol.

I’d forgotten how good that White Hot insert feels. I don’t think that there is another putter face, insert or not, that feels better to me.

Not sure yet if I'm happy about my decision to go with the 7s but I do enjoy the white hot insert and the Stroke Lab shaft. More practice needed.

@Jman i have pretty much made up my mind that I am going to purchase the slant neck 7. The only thing holding me back is the 2 ball ten but I would like to see the size of that head before committing either way. would you be able to post a pic of the 2 ball ten beside your spider x? I guess I should have asked this in the other thread but I can’t get the white hot insert off my mind

Put another 100 putts on my 1WS tonight. I previously mentioned that I'd never had a WH insert before. I now know how much I was missing out on! Best feeling insert I've ever had with a putter. I really can't wait to get this one outside and give it a real roll. But it's passed the feel test without question. I'm sure that's no surprise to anyone else though.

@Jman i have pretty much made up my mind that I am going to purchase the slant neck 7. The only thing holding me back is the 2 ball ten but I would like to see the size of that head before committing either way. would you be able to post a pic of the 2 ball ten beside your spider x? I guess I should have asked this in the other thread but I can’t get the white hot insert off my mind
My X is currently in a HS kiddos bag, sorry!

But, they’re VERY close. Ten might be a scunch longer front to back, but they are SUPER close. The Ten is much more SpiderX in size than OG Spider if that makes sense!

• Appreciation
Reactions: MH
Put another 100 putts on my 1WS tonight. I previously mentioned that I'd never had a WH insert before. I now know how much I was missing out on! Best feeling insert I've ever had with a putter. I really can't wait to get this one outside and give it a real roll. But it's passed the feel test without question. I'm sure that's no surprise to anyone else though.
The reason it’s LEGENDARY!

7s didn’t have a good first outing but putted well with it on practice green after the round so it will stay for now since I feel like the potential to drop a lot of putts is there

So interestingly enough I still own my original Rossie White Hot XL from XXX years ago and I just happened to get my hands on a new Rossie and it feels different. I can't say exactly why. Feels better. Sound is similar but the new Rossie is a much bigger head that my old Rossi so maybe that has something to do with it. Really enjoying the feel and look at address. Not sure it will knock the Las Vegas out of the back but its fun hitting them back and forth. :)

I rolled a the Rossie S, 7 S, and 1WS this morning. These feel amazing. I loved the Rossie S, but defaulting to my boring wide blade tendencies I spent the most time with the 1WS. I'm not sure I missed a putt with it. Almost left with it.

That Rossie S might be a more interesting play given my current putter herd. The Rossie put a Scotty Cameron Select 1.5 I was toying with (at twice the price) to shame.

Pictured below the 1WS with a Bettinardi BB8W, which are both very similar save the price tag and hosel.

DE0E03CB-BA2F-4A62-877C-4123E4464A8F.jpeg3FDCE20F-5BCF-43AD-B66D-439DC7F69FE2.jpeg8CE75FA5-A116-40F3-A1E9-BF43F6B844ED.jpeg

I messed around with the 7s and regular 7. I liked them both, I have been using a short slant mallet for years now and find I put fairly well with it but I did enjoy the double bend face #7. I know which model is for what kind of stroke but would someone be able to use either successfully?

Tried the 1WS today at PGASS. I loved it and haven’t used a blade in years. Been a 7s guy for awhile. Think I might try the 1WS for a season. Really liked it in the store and was comparing to the 7s as well.

I messed around with the 7s and regular 7. I liked them both, I have been using a short slant mallet for years now and find I put fairly well with it but I did enjoy the double bend face #7. I know which model is for what kind of stroke but would someone be able to use either successfully?
I think a person can adapt to either. I have some face balanced putters and some with quite a bit of toe hang and sometimes I can pull myself out of a putting funk by moving from one style to another.

I have to admit that when I learned about this release, my reaction was cynical. It felt like a gimmick and evidence of a company running out of ideas to spur sales numbers. However, I have had an OG in the bag for the past week, which included four rounds, a lot of golf for me.

The first three days, I struggled, but not because of the putter. I simply was not adapting well to some very fast bermuda greens. I felt like I was rolling the ball well and hitting my lines. I simply was not reading the putts well, continuously seeing more break than there really was. Yesterday, back on a familiar course, I felt like I was rolling the ball as well as I have in ages. I had 30 putts, not a single 2 putt, a few 2 putts that should have been 3 putts. I never owned this insert in the prior releases. The feel is incredible to me. I can see why the Tour pros who like it keep asking for it.

Most people will be able to use them interchangeably.

I have to admit that when I learned about this release, my reaction was cynical. It felt like a gimmick and evidence of a company running out of ideas to spur sales numbers. However, I have had an OG in the bag for the past week, which included four rounds, a lot of golf for me.

The first three days, I struggled, but not because of the putter. I simply was not adapting well to some very fast bermuda greens. I felt like I was rolling the ball well and hitting my lines. I simply was not reading the putts well, continuously seeing more break than there really was. Yesterday, back on a familiar course, I felt like I was rolling the ball as well as I have in ages. I had 30 putts, not a single 2 putt, a few 2 putts that should have been 3 putts. I never owned this insert in the prior releases. The feel is incredible to me. I can see why the Tour pros who like it keep asking for it.
Greatest insert of all time my man!

I think a person can adapt to either. I have some face balanced putters and some with quite a bit of toe hang and sometimes I can pull myself out of a putting funk by moving from one style to another.
My SL Ten is face balanced and my SeeMore is toe hang. Honestly, the biggest difference I notice between them is the feel off the face (insert vs. no insert).

So weeks ago I posted that I would be comparing the stroke lab 1 against my Toulon. Never happened as it was never shipped (not directly through Callaway unfortunately) so I just ended up canceling the order.

Now I'm debating if I should order one or pick one up locally. Can't decide which model though. SL1? or SL7?

So weeks ago I posted that I would be comparing the stroke lab 1 against my Toulon. Never happened as it was never shipped (not directly through Callaway unfortunately) so I just ended up canceling the order.

Now I'm debating if I should order one or pick one up locally. Can't decide which model though. SL1? or SL7?

Both pretty hard to argue with choices. Can't lose? Which shape do you have less of in the stable - maybe branch out?

I got drawn in by this line. Ordered a Rossie S SL yesterday. I rolled these at the store and was so impressed. White Hot is an iconic putter and I missed to original Odyssey craze,, so I pretty stoked about trying out both White Hot and especially the Rossie S for a bit.

Back