Odyssey White Hot OG Putters

Does anyone know the weight of the grips and the counter balance for the white hot range?

My 34" #7 has the oversized grip. Planning to replace with a Pistol GTR and use the Superstroke counterbalance weights but dont want to change the swingweight too much.
Do you have the stroke lab shaft? If so, the counterweight is epoxied in the butt end. As for grip, can you post a pic?

picked up the 1ws sl from my pro shop last week. I did have it ordered with oversize sl ten grip. Have not had a chance to play a round with it yet but rolling it indoors has me impressed.
That wide body is just a really fun shape to look down at, enjoy it!

Do you have the stroke lab shaft? If so, the counterweight is epoxied in the butt end. As for grip, can you post a pic?

Yes I have stroke lab, that’s all they released in Australia.

Odyssey hasn’t epoxied the weights since the original stroke lab shaft. It’s now a removable weight with two rubber washers securing it in place, and tape on the end. Comes out easily. I’m just not sure if it’s 30g or 40g as I've pulled them out of the White Hot OG and Stroke Lab Black putters and one was bigger/heavier than the other.

The grip is the same odyssey oversize they have been using since they ditched Superstroke, just in red.

IMG_0336.jpg

The Rossie S looks incredible in person, I can't wait to get it to the course!
2.jpeg

7s seemed like it had a lot of potential when I practiced with it but 3 rounds in a row of below average results was all I could stand, so.... I traded it for a 1ws and changed out the grip for the black and red EXO Stroke Lab pistol grip. Looks pretty nice. Will start evaluating it tonight probably with some carpet putting.

Threw a Garsen Quad Pro non taper grip on along with a Tour Lock weight. It made the Rossie S even better, love the combo.

Attachments

• 1E7366E5-A572-4328-A479-80ACB367A1B5.jpeg
    1E7366E5-A572-4328-A479-80ACB367A1B5.jpeg
    85.3 KB · Views: 33
1WS has continued to be my go to. I am struggling with my long distance lag putting and it was kind of frustrating today but it's still out performing my Chicago and Seattle for now. I'm making some changes to my grips on my other two putters and seeing if this one is the true gamer for the season

Yesterday, I rolled some puts on the practice green at Sedona Golf Resort with the new Stroke Lab Rossie, 1 and 1WS at one of the Callaway demos. I still have an original White Hot Rossie but really liked the new Rossie and 1WS. Hated the new grips. I wanted to try the 7S but we were called to tee off before I could.

Let a friend borrow the 1WS today for our round and he was putting pretty lights out. He’s never used a WH insert before and said it was one of the best feeling faces he’s ever used. I agree with him! It was cool to let someone else try it and see him be successful with it!

This insert in the 2-Ball Ten is haunting me....

Still really enjoying the SL OG 1ws and haven't missed the 7s for a second

Dabbling with this one currently, but still think I prefer the newer insert.

Dabbling with this one currently, but still think I prefer the newer insert.
This OG insert feels better for me using the Chrome Soft X. I prefer the newest microhinge face when using my normal (softer) balls like ERC/RX. I am a bit of a mess. At least the Ten with White Hot face hasn't been released to force my decision.

I will be taking Rossie out for a rip tomorrow. Looking forward to it because its been a while and I still only have one round on course with it.

I am still really enjoying my 1ws and haven't missed the 7s for a second. also glad i went away from the dfx grip.

I've made a lot of 4-6' putts with the 1ws so far and plan to make a lot more.

Today's outing with the Rossie S was a real mixed bag. I love the overall look of the Rossie, and feel of the OG insert, but I am struggling a little bit with alignment, speed... overall confidence with this one. On the alignment point, I feel like when I sole the putter it wants to turn closed, and that at address I am constantly fighting to adjust it square. Then when I roll the putt, sometimes I get the face alignment OK but other times I miss badly. The spacing of the alignment lines relative to the ball width, and three lines on topline with two on the flange, I don't mind it but my brain can't seem to settle on what to look at to square it up consistently.

The lack of confidence in alignment is kind of throwing the whole rhythm off and speed control is suffering because I'm to worried preoccupied with missing the hole.

Might have to try a grip change. Maybe that will do it. I like this one and want it to work, but 38 putts today is the highest in memory.

Have I mentioned I adore this insert? Because, I do.

Picked up the White Hot OG 1WS and took it out for the first time this weekend and had the best putting round of my life. 33 total putts averaging 1.8 per hole. This putter so much more forgiving than my Cleveland Hamilton Beach putter and it really showed. Loving it!

I saw these the other day while combing Golftown's website and was aghast at their price. My #5 white hot from 2010 was like $160 and now they're $300! I remember when the milled tour blacks were $300 and thought they were too much money.

I saw these the other day while combing Golftown's website and was aghast at their price. My #5 white hot from 2010 was like $160 and now they're $300! I remember when the milled tour blacks were $300 and thought they were too much money.

Regular shaft models should be $220, Stroke Lab $270. Seems in line with the market - 10 years of inflation on $160?

1621373544041.png

Back