OEM Kevin Wedge Test Results

I just checked Calloway, Cleveland and Taylormade's websites and unfortunately I wasn't suprised. Calloway is the only one that lists anything in the next few months in NC and its 50+ miles away.

I am going to check out some of these somewhat local shops that popped up though. Surely if they are doing demo days, they'll have something more than a mat and net for club testing purposes.

i know that asheville isn't too close but there's a huge demo day here next saturday (June 5th). i know that cleveland, callaway, and titleist will be there. come on over and i'll meet you there.

Thats tempting! I wonder why it didn't show up when I looked at Cleveland's and Callaway's websites?

Asheboro is about 3 hours, but it seems like it might be worth it.

Thats tempting! I wonder why it didn't show up when I looked at Cleveland's and Callaway's websites?

Asheboro is about 3 hours, but it seems like it might be worth it.

nah, i live in asheville, it's west of you. it's a demo day lined up by the local golfusa, so perhaps that's why it's not on their websites.

I just checked Calloway, Cleveland and Taylormade's websites and unfortunately I wasn't suprised. Calloway is the only one that lists anything in the next few months in NC and its 50+ miles away.

I am going to check out some of these somewhat local shops that popped up though. Surely if they are doing demo days, they'll have something more than a mat and net for club testing purposes.

There is always the option of making your way to the THP demo day and use the clubs in real golf situations and compare one vs the other.

nah, i live in asheville, it's west of you. it's a demo day lined up by the local golfusa, so perhaps that's why it's not on their websites.

:laughing: I knew you typed Asheville and it is 3ish hours west of me. Asheboro is only 45 minutes away or less, and I used to play alot in and around there as I grew up near there! :laughing:

There is always the option of making your way to the THP demo day and use the clubs in real golf situations and compare one vs the other.

that would be the absolute best option for you charlie. it's well worth it, especially meeting such outstanding folks like yours truly, haha.

the amount of items to demo will blow your mind! and what's best, you can hit all you want for as long as you want and can test things in real golf conditions.

Nice posting, but a little disappointing for me. I was on the fence about replacing my wedges, but I ended up getting the Vokeys just because they matched my Titleist 695 MBs. Should have gone with the Callaways, I need the extra bite.

Nice posting, but a little disappointing for me. I was on the fence about replacing my wedges, but I ended up getting the Vokeys just because they matched my Titleist 695 MBs. Should have gone with the Callaways, I need the extra bite.

Trade that Vokey in for a Callaway or better yet go hit a few of them for yourself, maybe you'll find a wedge that feels best for your game. Id think you could still get decent trade in on the Vokey and apply that towards a new wedge.

can we change the name of this thread to the Hoff Wedgie Test Results? We need to take up a collection to have someone sport that outfit on the range one day

I need new wedges soon as mine are getting pretty well used. And I have LOVED my Vokeys. The spin is awesome, I love the beveled sole and I actually like a heavy head that some people don't like.

BUT... I really like the look of the CG15 and may have to go a different direction come purchase time. Hmm, decisions, decisions.......

The CG15's are excellent wedges. Love my CG14 and CG15.

Hmmm..
I have a set of Vokey SM that match up well with my G5's as far as loft goes... (50, 54 and 58)
I hate to admit it, but I think a big reason I bought into the Vokeys was the normal hype surrounding the Vokey name.
After reading this thread, I am wondering if I did myself a disservice.
I dont spin the ball a lot with my swing although I am trying to fix that...
As far as demo days:
TM and Callaway are having a Demo Days on 7/1 at my home course
Cleveland's closest is 100 miles away next weekend

I am not sure how much Lefty stuff will be at the Fall Outing....and waiting that long, I am afraid I will be watching the prices go up as the new rule gets a lot closer.

bama

Great review and comments, but no Ping? I fell in love with the Ping 60 TS

Great review and comments, but no Ping? I fell in love with the Ping 60 TS

No we actually didnt have any Ping wedges, not sure if that was by design or if they just didnt feel like participating. JB can probably answer that one.

No we actually didnt have any Ping wedges, not sure if that was by design or if they just didnt feel like participating. JB can probably answer that one.

Their loss then, this would have been a good avenue to get some PR. Also glad Im not the only one thinking Vokey lost their fastball.

Yeah I know there are a lot of people that love the Vokeys but I just wasnt feeling them at all. Im pretty sure Biggsy, who was there for one day of the testing also, didnt care for them either.

Their loss then, this would have been a good avenue to get some PR. Also glad Im not the only one thinking Vokey lost their fastball.

They were invited to participate, but did not send in equipment. Normally they are involved in most of these, so it was a little surprising.

Yeah I know there are a lot of people that love the Vokeys but I just wasnt feeling them at all. Im pretty sure Biggsy, who was there for one day of the testing also, didnt care for them either.
It wasn't quite that bad for me with the Vokeys. They weren't my favorite...somewhere right in the middle with a good majority of the wedges there and just did not stand out to me. The finish on them was one of the best to my eye.

so OEM, how was the Tw9?

so OEM, how was the Tw9?

The TW9 was just as good as I remember it. I landed some of the softest wedge shots Ive done all year with very little roll like I wanted. This wedge is the real deal mcniel

The TW9 was just as good as I remember it. I landed some of the softest wedge shots Ive done all year with very little roll like I wanted. This wedge is the real deal mcniel

how long have you been waiting to say that? lmao

glad to hear that it's performing like you remembered.

how long have you been waiting to say that? lmao

glad to hear that it's performing like you remembered.

lmao the time comes few and far between, just like "Im your huckleberry" from one of my favorite movies of all time.

you got the black finish right? how is it holding up?

you got the black finish right? how is it holding up?

Yes sir. I didnt notice a single mark or wear at all. But thats just one round and a few smacks.

Back