PODCAST Off Course: Episode 13: Golf Tantrums

For the record: I am not concerned about Watney, Frittelli, or McCarthy spreading the 'rona to anyone else. Nobody follows them anyway.

Shade thrown. BOOM.

Interesting the difference of opinions on tantrums between Rahm and DeChambeau. I think they're both annoying, entitled and whiny (and good at golf).

I guess maybe Bryson has a better story.

Interesting the difference of opinions on tantrums between Rahm and DeChambeau. I think they're both annoying, entitled and whiny (and good at golf).

I guess maybe Bryson has a better story.

I can't believe Rahm is #2 in the world still. It's an OWGR thing, I guess.

great listen..a few thoughts

wrong podcast...listening to the correct one now....lol

That was a real fun listen on the way into the office. The thought of having a NASCAR driver pull in to an Oil Can Sam's made me chuckle. I also wonder how many people would break a club over their knee of they had a Recoil shaft. Can those even break like that?

Ok...finally listened.

1. Bryson to me is a fad that is wildly popular right now and getting the desired results. I understand you want to capitalize on his success, but his personality is off putting.

2. I don't care what tour pros are playing. Many of us here know that what they play isn't on the shelves at our local PGA SS. I am sure what the pros play drive traffic for OEM's, but no way am I going to go looking for Bryson's drive, Tigers irons or Rickie's ugly pix ball.

3. Also players are always tinkering, and I think will usually go back to a club or set of irons that had good vibes for them. Are they doing their OEM's any favors playing older equipment, probably not, but when they are trying to bank millions each week I'm not going to begrudge them for trying to find that edge. @Canadan mentioning Spieth is the perfect example.

4. Rahm and Bryson are the same type of angry golfer IMO, just showing it differently. Both are douches and both have done damage the the course. Rahm recently and Bryson at the 2019 Mexico WGC. Then Bryson berates a cameraman for doing his job last week which imo is 1000 times worse than what Rahm did. They are both right up there with Reed and cheating.

Anytime there is a Terry Tate reference, my day is a bit brighter.

When ya playing slow, you gots to go!
#PainTrainWooWoo

Listened to the show this week...
@e1iterate is Rahm...

Very passionate golfer...

All I keep thinking about is seeing someone's driver loft on the back of their car, like the runners do hahahaha

View attachment 8952724
Thank you. I'm so out of the loop. Had no idea what those were all about. Of course, I have no desire to run anywhere or any time.
13.1. Fitting. Halfway to hell. #Triskaidekaphobia Episode 13? I might have to sit this one out. o_O

That was a great way to start the morning with your podcast! No one bugs me as much as Sergio but any pro golfer who destroys the course i have an issue with.

Bryson could be very marketable... he is big so his shirts stand out on TV (sells clothes) jk. He is outspoken when he gets airtime - use it to market your product... surprised he doesnt have a Protein deal. tell him to fill his bag with shakes and a sponsored water bottle.

I care about as much about the car the pros drive as i do their clubs... their game is soooo far advanced than mine. I like what I like based on performance, optics/reviews and of course THPers comments.

Players games are so dialed in and they hit thousands of golf balls. I think if they want to try something for a few range sessions maybe pro/am or televised round it would be so easy to play around and dial in the exact feel or performance they want. I wonder if they try other OEMs stuff to say I like this but I dont like this - make me something similar. As I mentioned in Rickie posting- When times are tough trust is a big thing... you go with what has worked to remove doubt from the game. I think that is what

Tantrums? hmmm maybe an F-Bomb here and there never tossing a club or destroying the course... As far as childish behavior 1 time is a good rule of thumb. I also agree that drunken behavior matches this for non-pros... dont be a richard.

Great podcast this week guys! Enjoy the weekend @Canadan @HipCheck @JB

Live look at rahm's reaction to this podcast:

Will listen later. Like the topics in this weeks episode.

Never forget.

991E00F4-AEA6-42F2-99EC-2D8D65811BEC.gif

That was a real fun listen on the way into the office. The thought of having a NASCAR driver pull in to an Oil Can Sam's made me chuckle. I also wonder how many people would break a club over their knee of they had a Recoil shaft. Can those even break like that?

Bo Jackson could. Bo knows golf

He broke a bat over his head. He also snapped a bat over his knee after striking out.

Last edited:
Great discussion! For the tantrums and the tennis comparison with officials’ hesitancy to penalize high profile players, Serena Williams was docked one game following a one point penalty in a major championship final. It could happen if a system is put in place to penalize tantrums. Personally, I’d rather see the player forced to wear a baby bonnet and pacifier until they finish the hole.

Great discussion! For the tantrums and the tennis comparison with officials’ hesitancy to penalize high profile players, Serena Williams was docked one game following a one point penalty in a major championship final. It could happen if a system is put in place to penalize tantrums. Personally, I’d rather see the player forced to wear a baby bonnet and pacifier until they finish the hole.

Back when I was writing code for a large development group, you had a LOT of coders modifying components daily. Had to be sure to merge changes with others, otherwise you could "break the build" when the code was compiled for production.

If you "broke the build" you we required to wear the "hat of shame" for 24 hours. This was it.

woody.jpg

Back