PODCAST Off Course: Episode 21: Phil and Tiger

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Off Course is back this week with a fantastic show including discussing some fun topics including Phil’s note to Tiger on social media. Hosted by Dan Edwards and Rob Miller, each Friday the hosts give you a deep look into the world of golf and equipment in a way unlike any other podcast has done before.

Episode 21 is here and Dan and Rob discuss the following topics.

The Tour Championship
Phil’s Note to Tiger
LGPA Drama
Adams Rumors

Continue reading

Last edited by a moderator:
This might be my favorite episode yet.
@Canadan with the TMiv moniker

It's Adams rumor time, with the hope it'll be rumor-IER in the future.

reviewironhero.jpg

Last edited:
Going to listen to this on the drive to the beach!

So if this is Handsome Rob
1599224288629.gif

Can I get a GIF for Damaged Rob?

I'll be back...

tenor.gif

Launch the MOAD! (Mother Of All Drivers)...
Moad05.jpg
Moad03.jpg
priority_designs_taylormade_golf_club_design_engineering_prototyping_008-1000x800.jpg

@Canadan and @HipCheck I wanna say thanks to you guys on last weeks episode. I was listening and the question was put out "when is the right time to try out new irons/clubs?" I have been nervous about the Forged Tec's that I ordered for the Morgan Cup and your answer of "yesterday" put me at ease! Thanks guys and great work!

@Canadan and @HipCheck I wanna say thanks to you guys on last weeks episode. I was listening and the question was put out "when is the right time to try out new irons/clubs?" I have been nervous about the Forged Tec's that I ordered for the Morgan Cup and your answer of "yesterday" put me at ease! Thanks guys and great work!
thanks for listening!

@Canadan I want you to know that you do such a great job with the new podcast! Thanks for everything!!!

Great episode is always fellows. So @HipCheck. What if they completely shrunk the actual playoffs. Instead of 120 or whatever it is making it, they start at 50. Then goes down to 30, then 25, Then the tour championship is matchplay like you said with the first place person getting a bye for the first round. That way the person who was the best at being consistent/doing well over the year is guaranteed to get into the second round. Maybe not exactly like that but something along those lines. Would you be a fan? Or does that work any better or worse than what is there currently

@ronmillertime you do a great job too!

Great episode is always fellows. So @HipCheck. What if they completely shrunk the actual playoffs. Instead of 120 or whatever it is making it, they start at 50. Then goes down to 30, then 25, Then the tour championship is matchplay like you said with the first place person getting a bye for the first round. That way the person who was the best at being consistent/doing well over the year is guaranteed to get into the second round. Maybe not exactly like that but something along those lines. Would you be a fan? Or does that work any better or worse than what is there currently

I like the idea but the Tour just wants BIG fields and the more the merrier.

I've heard some different takes, including "pick your tee time" and "pick your pairings" type of thing too. I don't have the answer but giving the BEST player an advantage like that, is the opposite of typical match you play WITH handicaps.

It's like rewarding the longest driver in the outing with a new driver that they can hit further (I never understood that)

I like the idea but the Tour just wants BIG fields and the more the merrier.

I've heard some different takes, including "pick your tee time" and "pick your pairings" type of thing too. I don't have the answer but giving the BEST player an advantage like that, is the opposite of typical match you play WITH handicaps.

It's like rewarding the longest driver in the outing with a new driver that they can hit further (I never understood that)

Exactly.

We typically give the long drive winners putters or 4 somes to local golf courses.

not that it affects me at all but for what im trying to write, the deal with the lpga chick winning, thats a tough one... make the exception and swallow your garbage. feel bad for her but she had the attitude it didnt matter after sometime and is going to come out strong.

phils tweet, is this phil being phil or does it means one of them is retiring, who knows..

This is a good listen for those heading to the course today.

Are there alternate ways to listen to these than the app? The feed is ... not the most consistent. I tend to bail after the third stoppage.

Are there alternate ways to listen to these than the app? The feed is ... not the most consistent. I tend to bail after the third stoppage.

of Course. You can stream it right from the home page. You can subscribe to the Hackers Paradise on Apple podcasts or Google Play. You can pretty much get it wherever you get podcasts.

Back