PODCAST Off Course Episode 6: Walking vs Riding

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Off Course is back this week with a fantastic show including discussing iron covers and more. Hosted by Dan Edwards and Rob Miller, each Friday the hosts give you a deep look into the world of golf and equipment in a way unlike any other podcast has done before.

OFF-COURSE.jpeg

Episode 6 is here and Dan and Rob discuss the following topics:

Myth Busting: Walkers vs Riders

The Sunday Bag

More likely: Next Tiger, or next Daly?And a Ton More…

As with all podcasts on the THP Radio Network you can catch the episodes a number of ways. Right here on the website, on our Soundcloud channel, and of course our THP Golf Mobile App. You can also subscribe at iTunes and Google Play so...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a fantastic show.
I just kept hearing the walkers vs riders as "Regulators Riders, Mount Up"
Sunday Bags....#Woke

I agree with @Canadan . Single rider ---> single walker (pusher didn't sound right) ---> 2 guys and a cart

Agree with both that Sunday bags are ridiculous. Owned one one time and I think it lasted may 5 rounds before it started falling apart. And the sucker was not much cheaper than a regular bag.

I agree with @Canadan . Single rider ---> single walker (pusher didn't sound right) ---> 2 guys and a cart

Agree with both that Sunday bags are ridiculous. Owned one one time and I think it lasted may 5 rounds before it started falling apart. And the sucker was not much cheaper than a regular bag.

Depends on the course. For instance my course has very long gaps between green and the next tee box. Two guys in a cart, playing even borderline smart, would be faster.

Looking forward to listening to this one, the last one was fantastic - tough act to follow ;)

Depends on the course. For instance my course has very long gaps between green and the next tee box. Two guys in a cart, playing even borderline smart, would be faster.

Very true. Was just using my home course as a reference. It is a pretty easy course to walk with only 3 fairly lengthy walks from a green to the next tee box.

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
This show just saved me around $500! Was seriously considering a woke Sunday bag from one of the Oregon based OEMs for all the wrong reasons. Thanks so much for the reality slap in the face. Long live my old SM 2.5!

Just started it up! Based on the outline looks like i'm going to love this one.

This show just saved me around $500! Was seriously considering a woke Sunday bag from one of the Oregon based OEMs for all the wrong reasons. Thanks so much for the reality slap in the face. Long live my old SM 2.5!

Good listen.
Agree on pace takes. There is nothing slower at my course than 2 guys in a power cart. Lately with single-rider carts they have been exponentially faster.

Sunday bags are something I dont understand either. I hate when guys roll up with 6 clubs and then post scores to their cap. Plus they look like they are trying sooo hard to be trendy.

This is a fantastic show.
I just kept hearing the walkers vs riders as "Regulators Riders, Mount Up"
Sunday Bags....#Woke

If sunday bags, are "woke". I am out. I want nothing to do with being "woke"....

Also, I think the idea of less than 14 clubs on anything more than a executive course is dumb and makes no sense..

Also, I used to be a big Daly fan. Now looking back I just think he was a waste.

Also, I used to be a big Daly fan. Now looking back I just think he was a waste.
Could make the same argument for Tiger, despite his obscene numbers haha

One thing about these guys (and probably speaking for myself as well)... Refinement only goes so far. We are who we are.

Could make the same argument for Tiger, despite his obscene numbers haha

One thing about these guys (and probably speaking for myself as well)... Refinement only goes so far. We are who we are.

Totally true. I think I have more gotten worn out from hearing that Daly is the everyman.. I guess so, if everyone is a morbidly obese, chain smoking, 3 gallons a day diet coke drinking, self destructive, whinny pants.. haha.

He did have an amazing talent level though. That is for sure..

Fantasy golf episode?

Holey Moley segment.

People are definitely obsessed w/fantasy golf. I've done polls and about 25% care about it (Twitter). But they REALLY care.

Holey is by far Rob Riggle's best work. This is not saying much, though.

played nine with my Dad last night. He carried his 10 club bag.

....broke the news to him that today's episode wouldn't be his favorite hahaha
I think playing with a reduced set when carrying is fine if it’s not competitive if you’re doing it because of weight or other reasons.... I almost bit on the $500- $1000 single strap / non stand esoteric waxed canvas / leather bag for reasons unknown to me and so thankful I’m putting that urge behind me. It’s a golf bag for heavens sake! I just need to keep telling myself that (and stop following a lot of Instagram posters....)

What is a golf cart reach around?

I think playing with a reduced set when carrying is fine if it’s not competitive if you’re doing it because of weight or other reasons.... I almost bit on the $500- $1000 single strap / non stand esoteric waxed canvas / leather bag for reasons unknown to me and so thankful I’m putting that urge behind me. It’s a golf bag for heavens sake! I just need to keep telling myself that (and stop following a lot of Instagram posters....)
the prices on some of those bags astounds me.

Why would it be an issue to post a score to your handicap with fewer clubs?

the prices on some of those bags astounds me.

Well, there cheap when you consider a ball mark is $75 these days. It is the huge drive to stand out and be an individual.

People are definitely obsessed w/fantasy golf. I've done polls and about 25% care about it (Twitter). But they REALLY care.

Holey is by far Rob Riggle's best work. This is not saying much, though.
Whoa that was uncalled for! Is this some sort of Rob on Rob rivalry?

Why would it be an issue to post a score to your handicap with fewer clubs?
Is it an accurate representation of your abilities when you leave clubs at home that could/would be useful when playing? Having fewer options to pull.

Back