PODCAST Off Course Episode 6: Walking vs Riding

All I'm saying is that adding clubs doesn't increase the potential success for everyone.

lmao. definitely not ALL you're saying.

Yeah, they are, but it's still a change. I dunno. He pulled that "change" statement out of thin air so I countered with something equally absurd.

Honestly asking, isn't that what the slope and rating are supposed to protect against?
Yes. It’s exactly what it’s for.

And I also agree with your last post that some appear to be arguing just to argue. It’s exhausting considering how great this podcast was

Yes. It’s exactly what it’s for.

And I also agree with your last post that some appear to be arguing just to argue. It’s exhausting considering how great this podcast was
And others are throwing shade at Rob Riggle for no reason at all! I say he who does that must suffer 6 hour rounds at a New Jersey muni...

I think we've lost the rational discussion.. Are people arguing just to argue? Clearly if you are doing something to get an unfair advantage it is against the spirit of the rules.

I agree with this 100%. Stick to the rules and we're all better off.

Listened today while walking the dog. Have to agree with @Canadan with single riders & walking with cart. I played today & let 2 in 1 cart go before me so I could play 2 balls & they both were not in the same area & I was pushing them on a couple of holes. On #13 they decided to let me play through, so I went to 1 ball, but probably could have stayed way ahead of them even playing 2 & I'm not that good.
As for Sunday bags, WHY?

And others are throwing shade at Rob Riggle for no reason at all! I say he who does that must suffer 6 hour rounds at a New Jersey muni...

LOL. Played in 4 today (foursomes too!) Clearly Mr. Riggle has not yet caught wind of my statement.

Won 9 skins and had 2 team wins (sixes). Other was a push.

LOL. Played in 4 today (foursomes too!) Clearly Mr. Riggle has not yet caught wind of my statement.

I have just arrived in Jersey. We’re waiting for 8:00 to get on the books for Sunday!

I have just arrived in Jersey. We’re waiting for 8:00 to get on the books for Sunday!
We did not fare well. Couldn’t get a tee time for 4. 2 of us had to settle for a 7:00am time. Your state is whack!

My hero.

I listened to it today.

I found it interesting that @Canadan wondered aloud why anyone would use such an inefficient (sunday) bag, when he proudly uses what he admits is the 3rd most (2nd least) efficient way to get around the course.

I found it interesting that @Canadan wondered aloud why anyone would use such an inefficient (sunday) bag, when he proudly uses what he admits is the 3rd most (2nd least) efficient way to get around the course.
haha wait, what do I do?

haha wait, what do I do?
Carry. You said, in order of time efficiency, single riders, cart walkers, and multi-riders was last, so I'm assuming stand bag carriers are in there at #3.

Carry. You said, in order of time efficiency, single riders, cart walkers, and multi-riders was last, so I'm assuming stand bag carriers are in there at #3.
Depends on the golfer - I don't know many guys who wait on me regardless of how they are making their way around the course haha

Also, if/when my course stops being stupid about it, I'll absolutely use my push cart.

Depends on the golfer - I don't know many guys who wait on me regardless of how they are making their way around the course haha

Wait, is this the argue just to argue thread? Or was that a different one?

No, it was this one, soooooo, are you saying people don't wait on you, because you're a good golfer? Because you also kind of argued against that idea too... Or are you just saying you're not the guy out there counting butterflies? That one made me laugh.

Wait, is this the argue just to argue thread? Or was that a different one?

No, it was this one, soooooo, are you saying people don't wait on you, because you're a good golfer? Because you also kind of argued against that idea too... Or are you just saying you're not the guy out there counting butterflies? lol That one made me laugh.
hahahaha! Yes ish? My categorization was intended to be speed 'potential' more than anything haha

I had a few wtf moments for sure :ROFLMAO:

hahahaha! Yes ish? My categorization was intended to be speed 'potential' more than anything haha

I had a few wtf moments for sure :ROFLMAO:
hahah No, it was good. I enjoyed it. Keep it up!

I really want a Finn Scooter after listening to this.

I don't think the drunken, party boy factor was discussed in the riders vs walkers debate. None of those guys walk. At the public courses I play a solid 50% of the riders have no idea what ready golf is. You would think they would be fast by all the time they save not raking bunkers or fixing ball marks but they compensate by sitting in the cart waiting for their partner to play before even considering getting ready to play their shot, talking on the phone, scrolling through the play list, flirting with the drink girl and trying to light their cigars. Rarely do I see walkers who aren't golfers. I see plenty of cart riders who happen to have some golf clubs.

I don't think the drunken, party boy factor was discussed in the riders vs walkers debate. None of those guys walk. At the public courses I play a solid 50% of the riders have no idea what ready golf is. You would think they would be fast by all the time they save not raking bunkers or fixing ball marks but they compensate by sitting in the cart waiting for their partner to play before even considering getting ready to play their shot, talking on the phone, scrolling through the play list, flirting with the drink girl and trying to light their cigars. Rarely do I see walkers who aren't golfers. I see plenty of cart riders who happen to have some golf clubs.

Good points. Especially “Rarely do I see walkers who aren't golfers.”

The Sunday Bag is the Flat Brim hat of the bag world.

Yeah the frat boy crowd has the power cart scene on lockdown for sure.

Back