PODCAST Off Course: Episode 7: Controversial Takes and Contest News

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Off Course is back this week with a fantastic show including discussing iron covers and more. Hosted by Dan Edwards and Rob Miller, each Friday the hosts give you a deep look into the world of golf and equipment in a way unlike any other podcast has done before.

Episode 7 is here and Rob and Dan discuss the following topics.
Driver Length
THPers Most Controversial Takes
PGA Tour Players as Commentators
Contest News

As with all podcasts on the THP Radio Network you can catch the episodes a number of ways. Right here on the forum on the side, on our Soundcloud channel, and of course our THP Golf Mobile App. You can also subscribe at iTunes and Google Play so you never miss an episode.

Last edited:
Yes! Looking forward to this one, last ones have been fantastic (y)

Nice. Looking forward to this on the drive.

Just finish this up. It was pretty good. Not on of my favorites but I Appreciate the work you guys do of course. Just didn’t seem like the topic allowed you guys to be free or follow the theme of “off course” almost seems just like a forced topic.

haha not trying to harsh just offering hopefully constructive feedback. I enjoy listening to both you guys. Looking forward to next week :)

Listening now. Driver length convo is something that I'm messing with right now myself.

Will be listening this morning. Thanks for the continued content guys!

Listening now...

I would say more than 70% of golfers don't know the length of their drivers.

And if we go by what the Cally Tour Van guys told us......even the OEMs don't consistently measure length.....so maybe damn near 90% of us don't really know!

Yikes! I got called out!

I damn near just spit out my coffee when Rob mentioned the proficiency test! Ahahahaah! One can dream!

By my measure, my driver with helium plays almost 45.5 or so and with my attas 11, it’s almost right at 45. Built at the same place but different guys.

Been toying with getting another shorter shaft after so many mentions around here.

FOR THE RECORD, I think Dan would be a tremendous slouch when it comes to food podcasting.

Fun listen guys.

Agree on JT commentating. It was fun to hear him drop some funny Tiger related isms. Like the "Meow" putt comment.

Fun idea by Dan to mix in players on commentating. It would be really fun to get a taste of each players personality and what they would focus on as it relates to commentating. Be it more fun banter or serious analysis type stuff.

Agree on JT commentating. It was fun to hear him drop some funny Tiger related isms. Like the "Meow" putt comment.

That's not related to Tiger. ;)

I'm hurt that "Range-top days" is a no go. :p😁

My driver is 45.25 in length tipped one inch. The only golfer I want as a playing announcer is Pat Perez.

"I assume this person is a chiropractor by trade."

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Fun listen guys.

Fun idea by Dan to mix in players on commentating. It would be really fun to get a taste of each players personality and what they would focus on as it relates to commentating. Be it more fun banter or serious analysis type stuff.

I don't know haha. It would be an interesting exercise. Even the guys who miss the cut can provide good insight on shots or strategies, but hopefully they would stick to that and not try to hard to be funny or in the show.

Listening now...

I would say more than 70% of golfers don't know the length of their drivers.

And if we go by what the Cally Tour Van guys told us......even the OEMs don't consistently measure length.....so maybe damn near 90% of us don't really know!

Yep! Lots of member mentions on the podcast this week:
Also one I forgot, was "dress codes should be relaxed / abolished," which LOTS of THPers are in favor of. I'm going to guess @Canadan is not one of those.

yesno.gif

Yep! Lots of member mentions on the podcast this week:
Also one I forgot, was "dress codes should be relaxed / abolished," which LOTS of THPers are in favor of. I'm going to guess @Canadan is not one of those.

View attachment 8946274

If i ever get to golf with dan, I am going to wear either joggers or jeans, mock turtle untucked, and a backwards hat/bucket/safari hat.

oh and of(f) course, all while discussing how I managed to turn a profit on my rare/limited release blade iron headcovers with canada as the graphic

I saw that one.... And was eagerly awaiting it hahahaha

HELL no I'm not for it!

New Wrangler line?
growthegame.jpg

If i ever get to golf with dan, I am going to wear either joggers or jeans, mock turtle untucked, and a backwards hat/bucket/safari hat.

oh and of(f) course, all while discussing how I managed to turn a profit on my rare/limited release blade iron headcovers with canada as the graphic

Untucked mock turtle is super casual yet aggressive at the same time.

party.gif

I honestly don't know my driver length, so i'm going to pull down the % here on the forum :(

Would I play a Tour Course at the tour length, probably not. I hit it decently far, but don't want to feel like I have to overhit every shot just to get there, or get close. That would not be fun, and I'd want to enjoy myself as much as I could on a course like that.

As for having PGA pros doing come on-course announcing, yes please! I think you'll get a better connection between the pros and fans. I also think this is a great thing the European tour does well. It engages the fans and the players, and it shows a lighter more human element to these players. Yes please! Callaway was set to do this with 2 college programs before Covid, and I think it would have been huge for college golf. Follow them around, have tons of mic's and cameras, introduce college golf to a much wider audience!

On another note, my neighbor once said he was a man of a 1/4", because he needed to get everything just right. The joke was on him with that comment, because I now call him a man of a 1/4" all the time. Based on the shaft length conversation, I might have to call @Canadan a man of a 1/4" as well :ROFLMAO:.

driver length i had to google it.... 45 3/4 @Canadan
"its 2 strokes for OB correct, is that correct?" @HipCheck LOL that was kind of funny

driver length i had to google it.... 45 3/4 @Canadan
"its 2 strokes for OB correct, is that correct?" @HipCheck LOL that was kind of funny

Because like Dan doesn't hit into bunkers, I just don't hit it OB.

mrrogers.gif

Back