Off Course: Ranking the Four Majors

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2022 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Jokes aside, I am pretty sure it was Jack who said raking bunkers makes it too easy 😄
Im not as opposed to that as most people are.
I loved the natural aspect of Dormie Club with no rakes.

Greg Kulbick

I don't golf good
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
9.1 USGA
Player can get bent with that Masters 4th nonsense.

Jman

Golf Writer Guy
Albatross 2022 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
@Jman made a good comment that these guys are trying to protect their legacy with all this equipment talk. Then @Canadan made a comment that he's more or less assessing them on their current perspectives. So do you think in trying to protect their legacy they're actually tarnishing it a little in some people's minds?
Personally? Yes. For me, they are. It’s very much old guys yelling at the sky under the ruse of “protecting” the “integrity” of the game.

Jman

Golf Writer Guy
Albatross 2022 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Im not as opposed to that as most people are.
I loved the natural aspect of Dormie Club with no rakes.
I too am on board with bunkers being actual hazards.

Jman

Golf Writer Guy
Albatross 2022 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Man, this was SUCH a fun episode to record with @Jman - and much needed for me.
Just point us in a vague direction and let us go a completely different direction! 🤣

Jman

Golf Writer Guy
Albatross 2022 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Let's roll back the agronomical advances!
This is what needs to happen more than changing the gear, raise the mowers.

Parrot

Count all your blessings. Remember your dreams.
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Jokes aside, I am pretty sure it was Jack who said raking bunkers makes it too easy 😄
Well, then, he should LOVE my course. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Back to the pod, I wholeheartedly agree that there is no reason that the PGAT can't foot the bill for caddies' expenses.

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2022 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I too am on board with bunkers being actual hazards.
Dormie Club offers no rakes at all.
Part of me loves that, because its only 50 or so golfers a day. But the other part of me can't imagine what it would look like after sasquatch drinking Trulys all front 9 does to a bunker. A little foot rake, then clang off the shoes (another area golfers are morons).

Jman

Golf Writer Guy
Albatross 2022 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Part of me loves that, because its only 50 or so golfers a day. But the other part of me can't imagine what it would look like after sasquatch drinking Trulys all front 9 does to a bunker. A little foot rake, then clang off the shoes (another area golfers are morons).
Bahahahahaha! Truly wasted is a special kind of wasted 🤣

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2022 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
You know... if people genuinely cared about cleaning up after their bunker disaster, I'd be for it.

But, they aren't... and never will be hahahaha

Reactions: JB

USAF Ret in Wis

Morgan Cup Alumni - 2021 / Team Hackers
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Got some windshield time so can listen today 🔥

Bernoulli

"Mr. Fairway"
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Enjoyed listening to this week's episode. I liked the discussion about the Old Course and the 2022 Open Championship. I agree that we should respect what has been accomplished. I like to think you play against the course that it presented to you (as far as conditions) and not against an arbitrary number (par).

As for Ranking the Four Majors, Mr. Player has a ranking system all his own. I don't think many share his view that the Masters is number 4.

I appreciated James and Dan talking about legacy and how they believe it affects what we hear from the icons of the past.

mav52

Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
You know... if people genuinely cared about cleaning up after their bunker disaster, I'd be for it.

But, they aren't... and never will be hahahaha
Same with fairway divots, a lot of people just don’t care to replace the divot or fill it in with dirt which our course provides in a bottle dispenser.

Jman

Golf Writer Guy
Albatross 2022 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Enjoyed listening to this week's episode. I liked the discussion about the Old Course and the 2022 Open Championship. I agree that we should respect what has been accomplished. I like to think you play against the course that it presented to you (as far as conditions) and not against an arbitrary number (par).

As for Ranking the Four Majors, Mr. Player has a ranking system all his own. I don't think many share his view that the Masters is number 4.

I appreciated James and Dan talking about legacy and how they believe it affects what we hear from the icons of the past.
Glad you enjoyed dude!

Jman

Golf Writer Guy
Albatross 2022 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Same with fairway divots, a lot of people just don’t care to replace the divot or fill it in with dirt which our course provides in a bottle dispenser.
A lot of public courses don’t have the fill bottles depending on where you’re playing.

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2022 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
A lot of public courses don’t have the fill bottles depending on where you’re playing.
And, a lot of courses won't let me us use our own push carts that can carry a divot bottle hahahaha

checkered

The Shogun of Harlem
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
too high
Great episode. I love listening to you two talk golf, it is super entertaining. Very much appreciate and agree with the opinions on the game as it is today and how much tech has changed things.

Ranking the majors, hmm i say Masters, Open, US Open, PGA....but the first three are all super close in my mind.

One thought/suggestion, as nitpicky as it may be. When you mention the Edel golf website, someone that hasnt heard of them might not know how to spell it based on the pronunciation. Might be worth spelling out something like that to help listeners that might not know. I may ve overthinking (as i tend to do) but thought it was worth throwing out there.

Thank you @Canadan and @Jman for an excellent episode and listen!!!

Last edited:

spaceace414

Reaction score
Handicap
The Masters

The Others

bbutler

2022 Edel Quest Cup
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Only one part of show I didn’t understand. @Jman wanting to leave Oklahoma. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sox_Fan

Go Irish!
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Great show guys! I 100% agree with James that the Open Championship is the best major and that the Old Course at St. Andrews is the most iconic golf course in the world.

Jman

Golf Writer Guy
Albatross 2022 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap

bbutler

2022 Edel Quest Cup
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

Jman

Golf Writer Guy
Albatross 2022 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Great episode. I love listening to you too talk golf, it is super entertaining. Very much appreciate and agree with the opinions on the game as it is today and how much tech has changed things.

Ranking the majors, hmm i say Masters, Open, US Open, PGA....but the first three are all super close in my mind.

One thought/suggestion, as nitpicky as it may be. When you mention the Edel golf website, someone that hasnt heard of them might not know how to spell it based on the pronunciation. Might be worth spelling out something like that to help listeners that might not know. I may ve overthinking (as i tend to do) but thought it was worth throwing out there.

Thank you @Canadan and @Jman for an excellent episode and listen!!!
Glad you enjoyed it my friend! @Canadan is the best host ever!

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in