Off Season Goals for 2020

We don’t have an off season per se here, but the winter conditions are often sloppy... My goal this winter is to work hard on short game, chipping and putting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep saying every year I am going to work on getting down into single digits and every year I let myself down with one or multiple parts of my game taking a dump. So I think this year I am not going to worry about it. I haven't gone more than 2 weeks without playing in over two years, so unless I get hurt I plan on playing a ton. If anything, I think I will work on my course management. I played 2 rounds a few weeks ago without a driver and did a lot better than I had anticipated. Tees were set up at 6500 yards and shot both rounds under 85 and kept the ball in the fairway. May have to consider more of that as the driver has not been kind this season. Still love the game but realization of becoming a really good player just doesn't seem to be in the cards for this hack.

I absolutely must work on my fitness! I want to get more flexible, and loose at least 10-20 lbs. for my knees! I will be using my impact snap to see if it will work for me. Putting on a putting mat a few times a week. Maybe using my Orange whip when the weather allows. I'd love to try some yoga also.

• Continue my journey to get back in shape (Orange Theory is awesome)
  • Putting practice during conference calls
  • Virtual golf rounds to keep the long game in shape
  • Try not to tinker with equipment too much

1. Shed a few lbs and gain some flexibility.
2. Strengthen my leg enough to get back to at least 75%, i would love to be able to walk a full round.
3. Putting practice............broomstick practice!
4. Longshot but want to get back to scratch next year sometime.

Our offseason is typically 6 months so have to be motivated to stay with it but main targets are (a) regular weekly yoga, (b) daily exercise- gym 30 min at lunch & treadmill/bike 30-45 min (c) strengthen forearms to prevent tennis elbow (just had cortisone shot this week) and (d) lose a few lbs. and (e) start-up SS training beginning of January.

Keep trucking. My goal for next year is improved ball striking consistency through ending over the top swings. We have a gym at work so staying on my lunch workout schedule is fairly easy for me, the hardest part is making myself pack gym clothes at 5:30 am when I am groggy and lazy cause I just got out of bed ?.

As the colder weather approaches here in Ohio, I am back to pondering all the things I'd like to do in the off season. Hit the rower harder, get on the bench more, do the 100 pushup a day challenge again. Ailing joints and I'll openly admit laziness holds me back just about every year.

What do you guys do in your off season to improve your chances of lower scores for the next golf season?

One of the only things I seem to genuinely commit to is club work and putting practice. I hope that changes this year, and maybe having a thread talking about it will improve my chances. Now that I have an Apple watch, the idea of filling my exercise ring every day (if for no other reason than to annoy my wife who doesn't get the numbers I do) is actually kind of appealing. With a bike, treadmill, and rower at my disposal, I think I can make a run at 30 straight days of 30+ minutes of exercise.
If you need clubs to do club work on just let me know.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I really want to work on putting. I’ve got a mat and PuttOut pressure trainer and my goal is to comfortably “sink” 6 foot putts on a regular basis.

Ball strike consistency will be my goal once the snow melts.

Besides that, I play hockey at least twice a week and get in a couple tournaments before planning the spring trip!

I’ll revisit this when the offseason comes. Right now I’m only focused on the rest of this season.

Get some lessons. Try to get a modest increase in distance from all clubs. That’s the plan.

my quasi off season goals are to get my Goldwing rebuilt and back on the road. I painted it and changed all fluids, added some lights and need to re-assemble and tune it. And to get the garage back to where the wife can once again park her car inside....the disassembled and repainted wing has taken over her side too....

I've already lost a bunch of weight (40 lbs in the last 6 months) so I won't be working to lose more, just maintain.
But I will be working on flexibility. That means a lot more stretching.
My neighbor has put in a cheap OptiShot simulator in his garage and wants to start a winter golf league.
I will probably try that, but I find the cheesy simulators end up hurting my swing since they don't do a realistic job of ball flight and distance. I end up over swinging everything and it does me more harm than good.
We'll see how it goes....

1. Don’t die.

I think I’ve got that one covered unless I do something else stupid but a month ago, it was touch and go on that.

2. Play close to full potential in early spring. At the least be making fullish swings. Right now that’s a pipe dream due to all the broken stuff on me, but I think by spring I’ll be good to go. Hopefully.

3. Beat this stupid disease and get my game back. No more playing like a 15+. I wanna be back where I was prior at a 6ish with occasional rounds where I look like a completely competent golfer.

1. Back down below 170. Gained back a lot of weight over the spring and summer.

2. Actually lift some weights. I've never been one to actually do strength training but the new pt test demands it. 340 lbs 3 rep squat doesnt happen with natural strength.

3. 150 and in. Considering that I have so many of these shots its pathetic my proximity to the hole.

4. Greenside play. I'm looking at changing wedge lofts so I need to relearn my shots. I also need to hop into the bunker as well.

5. Putting. Actually need to dedicate a day a week for this. My comfort level on the greens needs serious improvement.

Out of all of those, I'll be happy if I at least get to 2 or 3 of the items.

Back