Official 2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else bugged by the way Derek Fisher got out of his contract in Houston? Basically didn't report to them and negotiated a contract buyout and looking to play for a 'contender'. He played for the Jazz for one season and weaseled his way out of his contract with them also so he could go back to the Lakers. The guy is the definition of durability, but I have lost all respect for him now.

Anyone else bugged by the way Derek Fisher got out of his contract in Houston? Basically didn't report to them and negotiated a contract buyout and looking to play for a 'contender'. He played for the Jazz for one season and weaseled his way out of his contract with them also so he could go back to the Lakers. The guy is the definition of durability, but I have lost all respect for him now.

Žydrūnas Ilgauskas did something similar a few years ago with Washington & returned to Cleveland. I'm not surprised when it happens, HOU just wanted $$ off the books.

I don't mind. I'm honestly surprised the Lakers traded him. If I were him I'd want to finish my career with the Lakers. I mean, if he's not going to play for a contender, he may as well retire, right? He's been in the league long enough and made a lot of money so why play for a bad team? I would guess that's his thinking.

I was just watching some highlights and it made me realize how good the power forwards were from 99-2005. Bosh wouldn't stand a chance back then, and Gasol never made the playoffs.

I wonder if we've seen the end of the Jeremy Lin era with mike d'antoni leaving. Mike Woodson loves veterans and wants all of the offense to run through melo and amare. He has even already talked about moving lin to the bench in favor of the guy that ate baron davis. Just a week ago Lin was heading towards a big deal in the offseason... D'antoni leaving might end up costing Lin millions.

I had to fix it fo ryou...

Regular Season NBA? I'm going to go talk to Smalls about Soccer, it may be slightly more interesting

JJ Hickson just completed a buyout with the Kings.

Howard,Howard,Howard,,,you should have come to The Bulls for a ring.

Someone should tell J.J. Barea that you don't get fouled every time you get touched. He drives me crazy.

Someone should tell J.J. Barea that you don't get fouled every time you get touched. He drives me crazy.

I know what you mean, that annoys me too. It's even worse when you play against people like that.

I saw an interesting video of him and Love arguing in the huddle, very humorous and shows the dysfunction.

Hansbrough is playing really well right now, Pacers over Lob City at half.

Also forgot to mention this is Barbosa's debut with the Pacers, I think he will fit in well with the squad.

Someone mentioned to me in the NFL thread that Linsanity is over. I disagree, it has just slowed down. On the highlights of the Knicks game tonight, Lin scores in 3/4 of the clips shown and had a pass in the other. He went 4/17 from the field and had 3 assists. Sorry, but he was in no way the star of the show. Don't get me wrong, he makes some nice plays (one of them was awesome), but the focus is still on him. Which is cool I guess. The Knicks are winning. Woodson ftw.

Someone mentioned to me in the NFL thread that Linsanity is over. I disagree, it has just slowed down. On the highlights of the Knicks game tonight, Lin scores in 3/4 of the clips shown and had a pass in the other. He went 4/17 from the field and had 3 assists. Sorry, but he was in no way the star of the show. Don't get me wrong, he makes some nice plays (one of them was awesome), but the focus is still on him. Which is cool I guess. The Knicks are winning. Woodson ftw.

i dont know i think linsanity is kinda done. its just not insane anymore. If they make the playoffs and he leads them to an upset win in the first round, things will get pretty linsane again but other than that there isnt nearly as much focus on him. I think he was the star of the show tonite though, he took over the 4th quarter and brought home the win for them....16 points in the quarter i think.

right now i think there is a little bit more of a news story in the coaching switch in NY and woodson winning every game, but if Lin keeps closing out games like this and maybe throws in a couple buzzer beaters for the win/finds some more records to break, he might generate some more buzz.

Maybe. I didn't like Linsanity much. But he sure is good sometimes. I hate watching the Nets now. Dwill is so good. It makes me sad that I know he won't be with the Nets much longer.

Maybe. I didn't like Linsanity much. But he sure is good sometimes. I hate watching the Nets now. Dwill is so good. It makes me sad that I know he won't be with the Nets much longer.

haha yea thats rough man. just enjoy it while it lasts. thats what i did when durant got drafted and the sonics got sold. bought season tickets just to catch all the durant i could before he got stolen away.

but hey, dwill does love the place he has in manhattan and says he loves living there!...might not like it as much as the $5mil house he recently built in dallas though...:beat-up:

haha yea thats rough man. just enjoy it while it lasts. thats what i did when durant got drafted and the sonics got sold. bought season tickets just to catch all the durant i could before he got stolen away.

but hey, dwill does love the place he has in manhattan and says he loves living there!...might not like it as much as the $5mil house he recently built in dallas though...:beat-up:

*sigh* I just go to as many Nets games as I can now before they move to Brooklyn, about double the distance from my house. I bought tix for cheap in February for just after the deadline in the hopes they'd get Dwight and ticket prices would soar. Neither happened lol. Same old same old.

Ronny Turiaf to sign with the Heat? As much as I don't like the Heat, I like Ronny Turiaf's dunk celebrations, I can see myself watching more Heat games in the future.

Huge win for the Hornets at home against CP3 and the Clippers

Sent from my Galaxy S II using Tapatalk

With the signing of Diaw and trade for Jackson the Spurs are easily the deepest team in the league. They have so much more lineup flexibility now. I was really impressed last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back