Official 2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just learned that Wilt is the only player ever to finish an NBA season with the top points game in the league and the top assists game in the league. Right now, DWill holds both of those with a 57 point game and a 20 assist game. He's got to be the best PG in the league.

Thats an interesting stat. I hope dwill holds on and makes it into that exclusive little club.

that stat is pretty wild. Pg is such a tough position to say best in the league. lots of good ones to choose from. He is definitely top3 no doubt though and probably 1 on m list.

What a first half in the Heat-Thunder game. It's been pretty feisty too, with 2 flagrant fouls on the Thunder in the second quarter. It really feels like a playoff atmosphere, a Finals series between these 2 teams would be amazing.

What a first half in the Heat-Thunder game. It's been pretty feisty too, with 2 flagrant fouls on the Thunder in the second quarter. It really feels like a playoff atmosphere, a Finals series between these 2 teams would be amazing.

Yes it would be great. I hope Bosh shows up in the 2nd half. I don't know what's up with him lately. Miami's 6-11 from 3 has kept them in the game.

Yes it would be great. I hope Bosh shows up in the 2nd half. I don't know what's up with him lately. Miami's 6-11 from 3 has kept them in the game.

No idea what he's upto lately.

I saw your name pop up on this thread and I thought for sure it had something to do with LeBron's 41 and the Heat continuing their home win streak. Interesting stat for DWill though.

Meh, not quite. LeBron's way too bad in the 4th quarter for me to mention him. I mean, he scored 14 straight points and 15 of their last 17 to lead them to victory. But he always struggles in the end of the game.

Sorry, I had to. By the way, tonight: Wade has 15 pts on 15 shots and LeBron has 28 points on 14 shots.

Wade is killing me right now Damaikis. Missed layups and turnovers. Hope Lebron can repeat last nights 4th.

Wade is killing me right now Damaikis. Missed layups and turnovers. Hope Lebron can repeat last nights 4th.

Here's a few observations I've made from watching tonight:

Lebron sits the beginning of the second quarter (as do Durant and Westbrook). The Thunder go on a 10-2 run. He comes back for the rest of the quarter (along with Durant and Westbrook), the Heat lead by one at the half....At halftime, Lisa Salters asked: "You were down 11. What changed?" He was diplomatic in his response. He should have said, "I came back into the game."

Now, LeBron was out to start the 4th and the Thunder jump out to a 6-0 run to cut the deficit to 1. Hmmmm.

Wade and Bosh are playing badly tonight. Bosh just bad lately.

Love seeing that Shane Battier can still hit the corner 3. My all-time favorite Duke player.

I'm the 2 years of the Heatels when LeBron is out of the line up the heat are .500. When wade is out of the lineup they are 14-2. He made a statement last night with his 41 cause I'm not sure all three of them will be there much longer. LeBron and bosh with some nice pieces around them will be a better team than the three of them when two of them play the same position and need the ball all the time.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm the 2 years of the Heatels when LeBron is out of the line up the heat are .500. When wade is out of the lineup they are 14-2. He made a statement last night with his 41 cause I'm not sure all three of them will be there much longer. LeBron and bosh with some nice pieces around them will be a better team than the three of them when two of them play the same position and need the ball all the time.

I've been saying this all season. They're a better team sans Wade. Like Westbrook does to Durant, Wade defends LeBron better than any defender can lol.

I disagree. Bosh is out if they don't win the title. No way Riley trades Wade who brought him a title in 2006. Plus he wont get fair value in return for player in early 30s.

BOSH FINALLY DID SOMETHING USEFUL!!!!! Lol.

So... LeBron played great tonight. In the 4th quarter too. Good win for the Heat.

Just like I want Thunder-Heat in the Finals, I want Lakers-Clippers to happen at some point in the Western Conference playoffs, how fun would that be?

That would be awesome, sold out staples center? Most likely.

Melo buzzer beater 3's at the end of the 4th and OT and drops 43 on the Bulls, that's good stuff.

Melo buzzer beater 3's at the end of the 4th and OT and drops 43 on the Bulls, that's good stuff.

Derrick Rose ftw! Yet again, his stat line looks good at a glance. 29 pts, 6 rebs, 4 assist. But you have to look deeper. 8/26 shooting, 8 turnovers, and two missed free throws with under 30 seconds left. That's pathetic.

Derrick Rose ftw! Yet again, his stat line looks good at a glance. 29 pts, 6 rebs, 4 assist. But you have to look deeper. 8/26 shooting, 8 turnovers, and two missed free throws with under 30 seconds left. That's pathetic.

ha, what a hater! The guy's first game back after sitting out 12 games and he's still put his team in position to win, i thought his 14pt 3rd quarter was pretty spectacular. Yes he looked awful to start the game but it was pretty obvious he wasnt back in game shape and didnt have his legs. The missed free throws are a concern, hopefully thats not something in his head since the miami game, but he did seem pretty gassed at that point....not sure if playing him 40 min in his first game back was the way to go.

anyway, i think the bulls lost this game in the 1st quarter when they decided to not play any defense enroute to a 21pt deficit. The bigger news to me in this game, was Melo's return to his former self. First game in a long time i can remember Melo looking this dominant on the offensive end.

Haha, I just hate Rose. I think he's horribly ovarrated. First game back or not, that was not very good. I agree though, Melo played a good game. A good win for the Knicks.

So they say they have an NBA game on national TV tonight. All I see is Suns-Timberwolves on ESPN2. That's an NBA game? lol.

So they say they have an NBA game on national TV tonight. All I see is Suns-Timberwolves on ESPN2. That's an NBA game? lol.
And they never show the Spurs on national TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back