Official 2012-2013 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about the Grizzlies trading away Rudy Gay? I can't say I agree with that move.

Yea I don't agree with it either. Especially for who they are getting in return. That said, they are probably just dumping as much salary as possible. Rudy Gay doesn't seem that old though so I'm not sure why they feel the need to get rid of him when he is leading their team (in scoring at least). Memphis has not done well when it comes to trades. See Pau Gasol.

How about the Grizzlies trading away Rudy Gay? I can't say I agree with that move.

I just think it is them giving up on this squad more or less. Sure, they can win 1 round with Gay, but they have a lot to improve before even coming close to holding their own with an OKC or SA. Rudy Gay is not taking them to the next level, and he is not having a great season. Overall, I kind of like the move for Memphis: Ed Davis will add some depth to their already awesome frontcourt, and adding a guy like Tayshaun is a really solid move IMO. Are any players they added better than Gay? No, but they have some very solid weapons to go to and they will key their focus on them a bit more now (Gasol, Randolph, Conley). However, this handcuffs Toronto a bit as they have quite a bit of money invested in their "core" and lose their 1st round pick to OKC (via the Harden trade) if the pick falls between 3 and 14, IIRC.

I just think it is them giving up on this squad more or less. Sure, they can win 1 round with Gay, but they have a lot to improve before even coming close to holding their own with an OKC or SA. Rudy Gay is not taking them to the next level, and he is not having a great season. Overall, I kind of like the move for Memphis: Ed Davis will add some depth to their already awesome frontcourt, and adding a guy like Tayshaun is a really solid move IMO. Are any players they added better than Gay? No, but they have some very solid weapons to go to and they will key their focus on them a bit more now (Gasol, Randolph, Conley). However, this handcuffs Toronto a bit as they have quite a bit of money invested in their "core" and lose their 1st round pick to OKC (via the Harden trade) if the pick falls between 3 and 14, IIRC.

Agreed. It doesn't seem like a smart move, but I think it will turn out for the better for the Grizzlies.

Memphis has not done well when it comes to trades. See Pau Gasol.

It may seem like that now, but they got arguably their franchise cornerstone in the deal (Gasol). Memphis was more or less garbage the years before the deal anyway, so they might as well sell off their assets. And maybe they were still holding out hope for former top pick Kwame Brown :)

My Milwaukee Bucks are still a playoff team! Ok, I've made my NBA post for the month. I will go back to not paying attention, unless the Bucks are still in the playoffs.

Looks like the Clippers partied hard at Club Liv last night. Heat up by 26 late in the 3rd without Bosh & Allen.

Looks like the Clippers partied hard at Club Liv last night. Heat up by 26 late in the 3rd without Bosh & Allen.

I saw that. Lebron going HAM (no surprises there).

I saw that. Lebron going HAM (no surprises there).

LeBron 8-9 from the field (3-3 from 3 point land), 27 points, 6 assists, 5 boards. All in a days work in 28 minutes :D

I think Wade had the same flu symptoms that Bosh and Allen were out with. Too many players back on the court for the first time for the Clippers.

I think Wade had the same flu symptoms that Bosh and Allen were out with. Too many players back on the court for the first time for the Clippers.

Yes he did (or still does) and was questionable for tonight. They should be back Sunday vs Lakers.

How good is Lebron James? Sheeeeesh. Its almost scary that he is improving.

So this just happened in Philly. HOLY CRAP.

You should be watching the flyers game... Oh wait

^Siri probably sucks.
Yeah, this is pretty much going to be a crappy Philly sports year!

Wow. The Sixers really do suck this year.

Just figured LeBron deserved a shout out for his recent stretch. 6 straight games of 30+ points, 60%+ from the field. It is amazing watching him play. The guy isn't human. It's ridiculous the combination of size, speed, strength, smarts, and athleticism he has. When he is firing on all cylinders like he is now it is special to watch. Jordan is the only other player who had me in awe of what he could do on the court. Right now, LeBron is must watch TV anytime Heat games are on.

Just figured LeBron deserved a shout out for his recent stretch. 6 straight games of 30+ points, 60%+ from the field. It is amazing watching him play. The guy isn't human. It's ridiculous the combination of size, speed, strength, smarts, and athleticism he has. When he is firing on all cylinders like he is now it is special to watch. Jordan is the only other player who had me in awe of what he could do on the court. Right now, LeBron is must watch TV anytime Heat games are on.

Only player in NBA history to do that. Pretty solid, haha. Yeah, he's having quite the season.

I have a feeling that LeBron is going to get shafted for the MVP this year. I have a sneaky suspicion that KD will get it "just because". Don't get me wrong, KD is an amazing player, but the gap between the first and second best player in the NBA is probably as big as it has been in a few years. LeBron is just on another level.

There is a lot of season left though.

I have a feeling that LeBron is going to get shafted for the MVP this year. I have a sneaky suspicion that KD will get it "just because". Don't get me wrong, KD is an amazing player, but the gap between the first and second best player in the NBA is probably as big as it has been in a few years. LeBron is just on another level.

Durant will have to step it up cause LeBron is putting up rediculous all around numbers right now

I've had that feeling too. I'm kind of a Lebron homer, but I think he is so much better than Durant. Not even close IMO.

Don't talk crap about my boy KD :)

Wouldn't surprise me. It would be like in 1997 when they gave Karl Malone the MVP over Jordan, what a joke that was. They just gave it to him because they wanted to give it to someone else. That may happen with LeBron. Truth is he will probably be the MVP every year but they won't give it to him every year. He's the best player in the game and he seems to only be getting better. Really enjoy watching LeBron play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back