Official 2012-2013 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably my favorite part of the NBA season!

Rockets acquire Thomas Robinson, Francisco Garcia, Tyler Hunnicut, two 2nd round picks
Suns acquire Marcus Morris (will get to play with his brother now)
Kings acquire Patrick Patterson, Cole Aldrich, Toney douglas

I think that it makes Houston worse for this immediate future, but Thomas Robinson has some solid potential, so it'll be good to see what he can do with extended minutes.

I think the Rockets had a pretty solid day. Starting to build around Harden.

Miami really turned around their game against Atlanta. Started the 4th down 10, now up 11 with 3 to go. Outscoring Atlanta 32-11 in the 4th.

Kyrie Irving is ridiculous. Seems like just yesterday I was watching him in high school. If he learns to involve his teammates a little bit better, he will be the best PG in the league by next year.

Kyrie Irving is ridiculous. Seems like just yesterday I was watching him in high school. If he learns to involve his teammates a little bit better, he will be the best PG in the league by next year.
no kidding, he is taking over this game, and he's only 20 years old!

no kidding, he is taking over this game, and he's only 20 years old!

Freaking absurd. If he keeps this up he'll be top 3 in the league behind Lebron and KD.

Freaking absurd. If he keeps this up he'll be top 3 in the league behind Lebron and KD.

Yeah, I like their back court in cle, just not much else

Yeah, I like their back court in cle, just not much else

Irving and Waiters are going to be nasty together. Thompson isn't bad. He has plenty of potential. Too bad Varegao (sp?) went down or they could have moved him at the deadline for more young pieces.

I can't believe the Rocket's beat the Thunder!!!

Harden went off on his old team for 46.

I was loving it. I have plenty of friends back in OK and we were jabbing back at each other all game. It was a great game.

Stupid freaking toe injury in the 1 year he was at Duke, there is no doubt in my mind that team could have won the title if he was healthy all year. He came back for the NCAA Tournament and it screwed up all of the responsibilities that the other guys had, so unlucky.

Very emotional night at Staples Center, love watching the Celtics and Lakers play.

Stupid freaking toe injury in the 1 year he was at Duke, there is no doubt in my mind that team could have won the title if he was healthy all year. He came back for the NCAA Tournament and it screwed up all of the responsibilities that the other guys had, so unlucky.

Very emotional night at Staples Center, love watching the Celtics and Lakers play.

And D Will went off. I felt the exact same way about that hurting the team based off the timing of his return. Loved that team that year

And D Will went off. I felt the exact same way about that hurting the team based off the timing of his return. Loved that team that year

I have a feeling the same thing is going to happen again this year with Ryan Kelly.

Speaking of D-Will, he had a monster first half and the Wolves barely hung to beat the lowly Sixers.

D Will is definitely not really turning into the player he was supposed to but it probably doesn't help being a T-Wolv haha.

D Will is definitely not really turning into the player he was supposed to but it probably doesn't help being a T-Wolv haha.

He has been playing better as of late but you are right Minnesota is where careers go to die.

He has been playing better as of late but you are right Minnesota is where careers go to die.

I need to get up there next time the lakers play there

Bill Simmons on the HOU/SAC trade
That's what this trade was. Houston dealt lukewarm spareribs, overcooked chicken wings and soggy egg rolls for a piping-hot dish of kung pao chicken.

Love it! Pretty calm trade deadline though overall (so far)

Bill Simmons on the HOU/SAC trade

Love it! Pretty calm trade deadline though overall (so far)

He's right, lol. I know. Lots of small trades. Blah.

Very uneventful trade deadline IMHO, BORING!!!

JJ Redick got moved to Milwaukee. That's slightly interesting. Still, nothing big.

The Thunder just signed Derek Fisher again. He played well for them in the playoffs last year and should be able to provide good leadership again this year.

The Thunder just signed Derek Fisher again. He played well for them in the playoffs last year and should be able to provide good leadership again this year.

Their deep playoff run was over the second they got rid of Harden.

Their deep playoff run was over the second they got rid of Harden.

I agree with that. They'll miss him in the 4th quarter. I would love to see a Thunder-Lakers first round matchup for the 2-7 matchup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back