Official 2020 MLB Thread

Trevor is an interesting character. I know a lot of people are put off by him, but man, he is such a student of the game. Always looking for ways to improve, and works really hard at bettering himself as a pitcher. He watched Kluber's comeback fastball on slow motion until he could throw it just like him. By the end, he would replicate that pitch with consistency. I'm glad he's who he is, not afraid to be himself. He has a ton of talent, and I enjoyed what he did for Cleveland while he was there, minus the drone incident. I hope he can gain back some of what he lost the 2nd half of last year, and be a great pitcher for the Reds.

ESPN had Anthony Rizzo and, I believe, Kris Bryant miked up during a Cactus League game yesterday, I guess the ESPN crew could converse with them during play. And today on Golic and Wingo, A Rod was saying this is something that baseball should seriously consider doing during regular season games. Rizzo apparently was pretty funny and had some interesting conversation about the Astros during one of his at bats.

ESPN had Anthony Rizzo and, I believe, Kris Bryant miked up during a Cactus League game yesterday, I guess the ESPN crew could converse with them during play. And today on Golic and Wingo, A Rod was saying this is something that baseball should seriously consider doing during regular season games. Rizzo apparently was pretty funny and had some interesting conversation about the Astros during one of his at bats.
I think they did this with Francisco Lindor during the All-Star game, and I really enjoy that aspect. Lindor is a great face for baseball, always smiling and having fun, so to highlight him, and others, would be great to help with the sometimes lack of action. Just bring you closer to the stars as well.

I think they did this with Francisco Lindor during the All-Star game, and I really enjoy that aspect. Lindor is a great face for baseball, always smiling and having fun, so to highlight him, and others, would be great to help with the sometimes lack of action. Just bring you closer to the stars as well.

Yep they’ve done it the past few all star games where each inning someone will be mic’ed up. Seen it a bit in the past few spring trainings as well, hope they do end up bringing it to the regular season. Gotta find a way to bring more fans into a 162 game season.

Also, I can only imagine what brooks koepka thinks about it considering his feelings towards in-between shot interviews on tour haha.

Last edited:
This isn't looking good for the Red Sox.

Chris Sale has elbow soreness and is being sent for an MRI with Dr Andrews taking a peek..

Yep they’ve done it the past few all star games where each inning someone will be mic’ed up. Seen it a bit in the past few spring trainings as well, hope they do end up bringing it to the regular season. Gotta find a way to bring more fans into a 162 game season.

Also, I can only imagine what brooks koepka thinks about it considering his feelings towards in-between shot interviews on tour haha.

One of the things that A Rod said on Golic and Wingo this morning was how baseball has to shed the image that it is boring as opposed to the NBA and the NFL.

One of the things that A Rod said on Golic and Wingo this morning was how baseball has to shed the image that it is boring as opposed to the NBA and the NFL.

They can do that with stopping the whole "unwritten rules" BS. Young kid gets up and hits a home run and has the audacity to celebrate....peg him in between the numbers because he showed you up.

So....are they going to stop the MLB season?

NBA has. NHL has it on the table right now.

Would absolutely suck...this is the most explosive Twins team in a generation.

Season now suspended

Chris Sale to have Tommy John surgery. Just what the Red Sox needed.

Chris Sale to have Tommy John surgery. Just what the Red Sox needed.

Their pitching staff stunk this year with or without him anyway.

Syndergaard is joining him.

Syndegaard. to have TJ surgery. Glad the Twins didn't grab him...

So the season will be played starting in May? All games played in AZ?

Picked up a 12 pack yesterday. Man I miss baseball. Yardwork isn’t the same without the game on the radio. At least I can drink like it’s baseball season!
1586882459059.jpeg

cardinals leading blujays.jpg

Back