Official 2020 MLB Thread

Draft day tomorrow , we have the 5th pick overall. Austin Martin or Veen would be a great addition to Guerrero,Biggio,McGuire,Halladay,Bichette and Tellez . Young guns with half the team with all star dad roots .

Sounds like the players are going to counter the owners latest proposal with an 89 game season. At least they are getting closer. Just settle it and play ball!

Sounds like the players are going to counter the owners latest proposal with an 89 game season. At least they are getting closer. Just settle it and play ball!

I don’t think it is getting much closer. Each side is basically restating their proposal but just changing up number of games.

The owners need to give a little as do the players, or we won’t see baseball this year.

Yes!!! Couldn’t believe Austin Martin was still on the board. That’s huge!!!!! He was easily the best. Let’s go Blue Jays!!!🔥

I actually like my Cubs pick. Howard has good shortstop skills and I think his hands will be good enough with the bat to cover some problems.

Works have been better if the Sux didn't screw up my Wildcats for next year by taking Yorke next though.

RIP MLB

I actually do not miss baseball. But the Rockies have never been very inspiring. More of just an activity to go do.

RIP MLB

I actually do not miss baseball. But the Rockies have never been very inspiring. More of just an activity to go do.
What happened? What did I miss?

Just my opinion that the owners would rather sit this year out instead of losing more money playing a short season. Both sides being greedy as usual. Lock out is possible next year also I believe.

Just my opinion that the owners would rather sit this year out instead of losing more money playing a short season. Both sides being greedy as usual. Lock out is possible next year also I believe.

I think most of the proposal's on both sides have been a bit of a joke.

Assuming everything comes together in a roughly one month period, do you think the short notice return to action favors pitchers or hitters? Or neither?

I mean if it ends up being 60 games with expanded playoffs, we are jumping straight in to the pennant race season. That could be crazy. I'm not crazy about the expanded playoffs stuff if that holds true. But man I'm just ready for some baseball.

Assuming everything comes together in a roughly one month period, do you think the short notice return to action favors pitchers or hitters? Or neither?
Typically junk ball pitchers excel early in spring until hitters catch up. So I'd watch for that.

I have not missed baseball nearly as much as I would have thought.

I mean if it ends up being 60 games with expanded playoffs, we are jumping straight in to the pennant race season. That could be crazy. I'm not crazy about the expanded playoffs stuff if that holds true. But man I'm just ready for some baseball.
With the start of the season being the middle and end of the season, will the Phillies start out hot like they have in recent years, or skip right to the mid to late season godawfulunwatchable baseball?

I have not missed baseball nearly as much as I would have thought.
I plan my yardwork around Phillies games. I’ve been lacking motivation this year.

With the start of the season being the middle and end of the season, will the Phillies start out hot like they have in recent years, or skip right to the mid to late season godawfulunwatchable baseball?

I mean Bryce Harper will have an excuse when he underperforms again

DH in the NL? 😲

It’s about time... I love watching pitchers hit, but I don’t want to sit through a dozen poor pitching AB’s for the one good one.

DH in the NL?

It’s about time... I love watching pitchers hit, but I don’t want to sit through a dozen poor pitching AB’s for the one good one.

I have never liked the DH and I never will. it seems like a softball rule to me. Since I have always been an NL fan it hasn’t mattered, until now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Since everybody is being completely irrational, the owners have stepped in to make things interesting. Play ball! (I hope)

We shall see. I still have my doubts that they can keep everyone healthy. I also would not at all be surprised to see some big names opt out of this season.

Either way, next year is going to be VERRYYYYYYY Interesting, as are the new CBA negotiations.

My bet is we see no MLB at all this year and honestly I (as well as many folks) feel its just senseless at this point anyway.

I mean even if they began tomorrow they dont even yet know where to hold a late and shorten version of spring training. And even if they did and then began it tomorrow how far off are we from a real game? I mean what are they going to have pitching wise without a lengthy training period? 4 innings per start? It would be a joke.

And so where are they at even if they agreed to something tomorrow? At the earliest theyd be playing games like when,.....perhaps the last week of July if they are lucky? We wouldn't even see the 60 games they are talking about and what kind of a season for baseball would 60 games be anyway especially when pitchers are pulled too early.

And what are they to do when 5 members of a given team test positive or whatever?

The whole thing at this point imo is done. And i think many folks out there dont really want to even bother by now anyway.

Season start July 23/24. I hate how the negotiations went. it never should have went down this way and unless Manfred and Clark are both gone before the next negotiation for 2022 it will be ugly. By not agreeing to this last deal it seems some players are upset because they now get less than they would have gotten if they had taken the deal. My nephew is a top high school prospect who will be eligible for the 2022 draft so really bad negotiations and an extended lockout/strike could really impact the draft that year.

Since it looks like a 60 game season is happening I wonder if MLB TV reduce their subscription fee.

Back