Official 2020 MLB Thread

Since professional sports as become politically energized I don't watch it anymore. I assume the rules in this forum is that political discussions probably aren't tolerated,and baseball and other major league sports shouldn't tolerate it either. Baseball is supposed to be an escape from the stresses of everyday life, including political points of view, but they ruined it now my making it a platform to make a statement. Why can't we just play baseball or football or basketball without politics?

Little home run derby tonight at citi field against the Braves. Guys looking good after the first few games back.

Here it goes!!! Sports May be doomed.

This is a bummer. I'm not all that interested in this baseball season, except as an experiment to see if professional major league sports in general can resume. I saw this shortened baseball season as a good test to see if football will be a possibility in the fall. I'm not very optimistic that there will be football this year. :(

And now the Phillies game against the Yankees has been postponed. Not sure who the genius was that suggested MLB play in 30 different cities, but they suck.

Not sure I can bring myself to watch another Red Sox game that is not started by Eovaldi. The rest of the staff is just terrible, which unfortunately is not a surprise.

Manfred will do whatever the owners want and the owners want that TV playoff money.

Don't act like the players don't want that playoff money either...

Is there anything noticeably different between the climate around EPL teams and the MLB for thte Virus to just blow up among an MLB roster?

Europe - at least parts of it - got hit super hard by the Virus. Yet EPL has been going along....and I think you could argue there is WAY more contact between players in European football than there is in Baseball.

Since professional sports as become politically energized I don't watch it anymore. I assume the rules in this forum is that political discussions probably aren't tolerated,and baseball and other major league sports shouldn't tolerate it either. Baseball is supposed to be an escape from the stresses of everyday life, including political points of view, but they ruined it now my making it a platform to make a statement. Why can't we just play baseball or football or basketball without politics?

It's worse than that. My tax dollars went to build Target Field, and now the owners have put an anti-American patch on their jerseys. I believe they only had the patch on their jerseys for the opener, but still. They need to keep that **** to themselves and keep it out of the game. I don't want to be manipulated when watching sports - I get enough of that turning on the "news" every night or every other damn thing on TV.

I feel like anyone who thinks sports are suddenly tainted by politics just don't like the particular politics being expressed in them right now. Because regardless of how you feel, if you think sports and politics haven't gone hand in hand for ages, you really haven't been following either one of them very closely.

The start to the MLB 'season' is going just how I imagined though. I love hearing and seeing games again, but I was never under the impression that trying to have one right now would be anything other than chaos here. The learning curve for the people involved seems real steep.

I feel like anyone who thinks sports are suddenly tainted by politics just don't like the particular politics being expressed in them right now. Because regardless of how you feel, if you think sports and politics haven't gone hand in hand for ages, you really haven't been following either one of them very closely.

BS. 💩

The start to the MLB 'season' is going just how I imagined though. I love hearing and seeing games again, but I was never under the impression that trying to have one right now would be anything other than chaos here. The learning curve for the people involved seems real steep.
Your first paragraph is completely BS! So you are saying politics in MLB is ok based on whether or not you agree with the political agenda?
You second paragraph seems to make little sense, wth are you even saying?

Your first paragraph is completely BS! So you are saying politics in MLB is ok based on whether or not you agree with the political agenda?
You second paragraph seems to make little sense, wth are you even saying?
No, just that sports and politics have been tied together for ages. Always have, always will. Wherever there's a national platform, politics and political statements will always be involved. So it logically seems like people who suddenly disagree with it would most likely be disagreeing with the statements currently being expressed than the fact that they're continuing to be made. That's all. I wasn't agreeing or disagreeing with how they're using their platform or the politics or anything. I'm just there for the sport.

And I was saying that they kept saying that they were putting protocols in place and blah blah, and that it would be fine, but I didn't expect it go smoothly.

No, just that sports and politics have been tied together for ages. Always have, always will. Wherever there's a national platform, politics and political statements will always be involved. So it logically seems like people who suddenly disagree with it would most likely be disagreeing with the statements currently being expressed than the fact that they're continuing to be made. That's all. I wasn't agreeing or disagreeing with how they're using their platform or the politics or anything. I'm just there for the sport.

And I was saying that they kept saying that they were putting protocols in place and blah blah, and that it would be fine, but I didn't expect it go smoothly.
What ball should I play next, I have a sleeve of Chromesoft X and TP5s here... I have played Pro V1/x as well as Srixon Z Star/XV.... Have been a fan of Z and Pro V1 so assume the TP5 would be better.
I suppose politics has always been a slight part of Major League Sports, but it's getting too much these days. The entire world seems to be rotating around politics and it's like a cancer. If I had my way, and I don't think that will ever happen, baseball would be just pure baseball without a political stance one way or the other, and the same with every other sport.

Manfred saying this isn't a nightmare scenario is laughable. The season just started and multiple games have already been cancelled, almost an entire team has tested positive, very healthy and fit athletes are having heart problems - the flood gates are about to open. I'm all for bringing back sports, but it must be done in a smart way. This is no bueno.

Manfred saying this isn't a nightmare scenario is laughable. The season just started and multiple games have already been cancelled, almost an entire team has tested positive, very healthy and fit athletes are having heart problems - the flood gates are about to open. I'm all for bringing back sports, but it must be done in a smart way. This is no bueno.

The “30 Bubbles” with travel to other cities has proven to be unworkable after only one weekend of games.

The “30 Bubbles” with travel to other cities has proven to be unworkable after only one weekend of games.

The NBA and NHL seem to have it figured out. I understand the MLB would be more difficult to have a "stationary bubble" as almost no two ballparks have the same field measurements. At least with the NBA, NHL, and NFL, all teams play on the same size playing field.

The Indians are in first place in late July, and yet, the fans still aren't showing up. Come on fans, get out to the park and cheer on Cleveland!

Sarcastic font was used above :p

Joe Kelly...

Joe Kelly...

I loved it. Astros deserve everything they get. That being said, benches cannot be clearing onto the field during these times. MLB is having a very difficult time as it is trying to get teams to follow safety protocols, now they're gonna be crowding on the field to fight? Give me a break.

Joe Kelly...

Apparently you can’t use witch in prison or baseball without ruffling feathers.

I’m a Kelly fan...

Welp... the Reds are effectively on an 11 game losing streak already. Discussion before the season was losing 5 in a row would be hard to overcome...

Back