Official 2020 MLB Thread

AC2E1CCA-4C32-409D-AA87-B8D1A447C23C.jpeg
This stuff drives me bananas! Up at bat is the fastest guy in the MLB and he refuses to push a bunt up the first base line.
If they have to play more straight up on all players, that would lead to more hits!

Indians...Woolf.... These guys are wasting soo much talent and skill with Frankie and pitching

Jay Bruce is now tied for the lead league with 2 triples?

Indians...Woolf.... These guys are wasting soo much talent and skill with Frankie and pitching
We have such a great staff when they're not gallivanting around, and a great infield. The outfield though. :oops:

Phillies call up Alec Bohm? A bright spot in an ugly start to the season!

We have such a great staff when they're not gallivanting around, and a great infield. The outfield though. :oops:

We need hitters.... nobody on this team can do anything. They really get one shot a game to put some runs on the board and they try so hard.... Pitching is awesome. I believe it was very good compared to the league.

We need hitters.... nobody on this team can do anything. They really get one shot a game to put some runs on the board and they try so hard.... Pitching is awesome. I believe it was very good compared to the league.
The pitching is beyond great, historically great in fact. The hitting is bad, historically bad in fact.

I read they havent had as many 2 run scored or less games thru this part of the season since 1910. Like i said, historically bad...:oops:

You want to trade from our pitching depth? I was against it, but now I'm for it.

I feel my yelling at the TV is thoroughly justified.

Here is a picture from Target Field in Minneapolis tonight just after a sirens were blown for a possible tornado!

Weather is both beautiful and terrifying at the same time.

86698DAA-65F1-4668-9B43-9A99BA5F6A3F.jpeg

Last edited:
Don't look now but the mighty Texas Rangers are on 🔥

Back over .500 for the 1st time since 1-0 ⚾

Your thoughts?
As a baseball fan, I appreciate a lot of the unwritten rules. But this irks me.

Your thoughts?

Selfish. His teammates better watch their ribs next game.

Your thoughts?

He didn't showboat or bat flip that I saw. I don't see anything wrong with it. Even better it came against the Astro's little brother.

No such thing as running up the score in professional sports. Don’t want to lose big? Try harder.

The missed or ignored sign is between Tatis and Tingler.

Your thoughts?

What is he supposed to do according to the "unwritten rules" ? Take pitches until he walks or strikes out? Make an out on purpose?

What is he supposed to do according to the "unwritten rules" ? Take pitches until he walks or strikes out? Make an out on purpose?
i have no problem with him doing what he did. he didn't bunt...he didn't steal a base. he did his job and swung away. i think we all saw sf come back from 7 down the other day. swing away and do your job

Here is a picture from Target Field in Minneapolis tonight just after a sirens were blown for a possible tornado!

Weather is both beautiful and terrifying at the same time.

View attachment 8958000
It’s imoressive that they were able to evacuate all of the fans so quickly.

He’s supposed to take a 3-0 pitch.

It’s really funny and interesting the takes.
There’s a lot of “let it play” and a lot of “don’t try to show people up”.

If he took a 3-0 looking, then belted a 3-1 for a grand slam, would that be any different?
The Rangers beat Baltimore a couple years ago 30-3
Tatis (like a lot of players) probably has individual contract incentives for certain benchmarks. Is it corrupt to tell him not to hit a HR if he is paid based on # of HRs he hits (this is hypothetical as I do not know his contract).

Baseball is funny though. The mindset of a Michael Jordan in basketball goes seemingly against a lot of baseball unwritten rules.

Personally, you put a softball over the plate because you don’t think it would be ‘sporting’ for someone to jack it, you kind of deserve it to get jacked. That’s not bush league, that’s competition.

It’s really funny and interesting the takes.
There’s a lot of “let it play” and a lot of “don’t try to show people up”.

If he took a 3-0 looking, then belted a 3-1 for a grand slam, would that be any different?
The Rangers beat Baltimore a couple years ago 30-3
Tatis (like a lot of players) probably has individual contract incentives for certain benchmarks. Is it corrupt to tell him not to hit a HR if he is paid based on # of HRs he hits (this is hypothetical as I do not know his contract).

Baseball is funny though. The mindset of a Michael Jordan in basketball goes seemingly against a lot of baseball unwritten rules.

Personally, you put a softball over the plate because you don’t think it would be ‘sporting’ for someone to jack it, you kind of deserve it to get jacked. That’s not bush league, that’s competition.
It is fine if he swings away so he can reach his contract incentives. But then he shouldn't b*tch about it if he takes a fastball to the ribs either.

It is fine if he swings away so he can reach his contract incentives. But then he shouldn't b*tch about it if he takes a fastball to the ribs either.

Ehhhh, thigh/meaty area I’m okay with. Ribs can knock a guy out for some time.

He'll get hit by a Texas pitcher at some point.

Back