Official 2020 MLB Thread

The $5M fine is a joke as the Astros will save most of that on the salaries with today's firings.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

unfortunately it was the maximum the mlb was even allowed to fine them. I agree they should have did more but legally could not.

Twins have allegedly signed Josh Donaldson.

82769298_10217110964985637_3531022107305574400_o.jpg

The Twins are stacked offensively. o_O

Thanks for the memories Alex Cora. Next up?

They shouldn't have much trouble finding someone.

Glad Cora is gone, I hope he gets the Pete Rose treatment. Absolutely unacceptable
The Red Sox were better than the Dodgers, I'm over it. But I'm blatantly bitter about the 2017 series. That one was close. I've read reports there's footage showing the garbage banging in the games Darvish and Keyshawn pitched. What a bunch of crap.

1. The Giants. I have been a fan since the late 60s. I got to witness 3 championships last decade.
2. Any team other than the Yankees or the Dodgers. I live in Yankee country and Yankee fans annoy me (as do Red Sox fans) and the Dodgers should be self-explanatory.
3. Tampa Bay. My daughter is in Tampa and I usually make 1 or 2 games a year at the Trop (the worst stadium in Baseball east of the Oakland Coliseum - at least the bathrooms don't flood at the Trop)

Pirates fan here. Grew up with Clemente, Mazeroski, Stargell, and Blass. With our current ownership, no fears of a cheating scandal to win games.

[Some] [Imperialist] Yanquis fans up here are grousing about how they were cheated out of World Series appearances in 2017 and 2018. Didn't take them long.

Last edited:
Pirates fan here. Grew up with Clemente, Mazeroski, Stargell, and Blass. With our current ownership, no fears of a cheating scandal to win games.

[Some] [Imperialist] Yanquis fans up here are grousing about how they were cheated out of World Series appearances in 20017 ans 2018. Didn't take them long.

I have no sympathy for Yankee fans for any reason at all.

That is a good line up! Just need to trade for a pitcher. It is time to overpay a trade partner to get an ace. Can’t wait for opening day!
Yes. Need a legit ace. And let's make a dam run at this thing, eh? The time is now.

Glad Cora is gone, I hope he gets the Pete Rose treatment. Absolutely unacceptable
I didn't like how he snubbed the WH visit. That was weak. Karma is a b.....

:confused:

Twins stepped the game up with Donaldson. Was hoping we could sign him again. Cruz and Donaldson are a great 1-2 punch

Twins stepped the game up with Donaldson. Was hoping we could sign him again. Cruz and Donaldson are a great 1-2 punch

For a team that hit so many HRs last season to add a player who can hit 30 or more is a big addition.

People that don't follow us probably don't know. Sano, Buxton, Polanco, Garver, Kepler....yyou can just go down that lineup and there is not a weak spot. Now if only we had the arms...

I have no sympathy for Yankee fans for any reason at all.

I feel the same way about the fans, but I do feel bad for Aaron Judge and his 2017 season. That little snake Altuve should send the 2017 MVP to Judge.

It will be interesting to see what the Mets do with Carlos Beltran. He was the only player named specifically in the Commissioner’s Report. I don’t see how they can keep him as manager.

I would love to see the Rockies surprise everyone and win it, but with the trade talks involving Nolan, I dont think it will happen. I am going to be royally pissed if they deal him

It will be interesting to see what the Mets do with Carlos Beltran. He was the only player named specifically in the Commissioner’s Report. I don’t see how they can keep him as manager.

You would think that every team would want to separate themselves from any connection to this scandal, but you never know with the Mets

I would love to see the Rockies surprise everyone and win it, but with the trade talks involving Nolan, I dont think it will happen. I am going to be royally pissed if they deal him

Hoping he ends up in Cardinal Red selfishly, but the rumors around Arenado have been swirling for a few years now...

Until something happens, I try not to get caught up in the rumors

I saw Cora was gone, but missed what he did. I assumed he was roped into the Astros issue, but not sure.

As for Houston, the next manager and GM are walking into a gift. This team is stacked and I have to believe they will be able to pick from the best.

People that don't follow us probably don't know. Sano, Buxton, Polanco, Garver, Kepler....yyou can just go down that lineup and there is not a weak spot. Now if only we had the arms...
Gosh, I can't believe they added Donaldson too. Good for the Twins. As an Indians fan I thought we would have a good run for a little bit longer, but the Twins really have something. You guys are going to score runs, that's for sure. Meanwhile we stand pat, and will add an old vet hoping for one more good year out of him.

I saw Cora was gone, but missed what he did. I assumed he was roped into the Astros issue, but not sure.

As for Houston, the next manager and GM are walking into a gift. This team is stacked and I have to believe they will be able to pick from the best.

Cora was the ringer leader in the Astros thing, hence why I think he should be done.

Agreed about the team being stacked in Houston, that much is obvious

Back