Official 2020 MLB Thread

Ok reyes here's your chance... Redemption at bat!

@gkeller813 you still watching....woooooo! Sandy alomar for president!

I was, and that was brutal.... tearing our hearts out again.
Agree... I though we had some Cleveland magic in the air only to be overthrown by strange series of unfortunate bobbles and miscues....

Agree... I though we had some Cleveland magic in the air only to be overthrown by strange series of unfortunate bobbles and miscues....

I should have said, it was thrilling, then it was brutal. Its also unfortunate, but that's the game of baseball sometimes.

Glad to hear you guys made it through the game...that was enough heartburn for an entire playoffs! The thing that kills me (besides the walks) is the triple that led to the grand slam had a 99% catch probability per Statcast. Catch that and the whole inning changes. Brutal night and I am extremely grumpy this morning, but at least it actually feels like we were in the playoffs (unlike 2 years ago).

Sixto Sánchez goes 5 scoreless and I’m not happy about it. Happy for him, just generally not happy about baseball.

Love,
Disgruntled Phillies Person

Marlins have never lost a post season series. 7-0 all time. If Padres win all 4 remaining series will be division rivals facing each other. And all 7 Central Division teams that made the playoffs will be eliminated.

Padres pitched a shut out tonight against the Cardinals using 9 different pitchers.

Minor League deal expires.

42 cities in North America losing professional baseball in 2021

Stanton just slammed the door on the Rays in Game 1.

On to the ALCS for the 4th year in a row. Haters gonna hate. I will say that I expect every team that is left to beat the Astros. Their pitching is hanging on by a thread but these guys can hit. Trash can or not. :eek:

Very happy to see the Rays take out the Yankees. Hope they can do the same to the Astros.

Stros up 1-0 in the 4th. Let's go Rays !

Pulling for the Rays and Dodgers to advance to the World Series.

Wow. The Braves offense woke up in a big way in the top of the 9th.

The freaking Dodger’s bullpen in the playoffs. Oh well, I still have the Laker’s championship.

I'm not quite old enough to remember this, but . . .

. . . on this day in 1960, at 3:36 pm, Bill Mazeroski launched a 1-0 pitch from Ralph Terry over the 406 mark of the brick left field wall at Forbes Field to give the Pittsburgh Pirates a 10-9 Game 7 win and an improbable 4-3 World Series win over the New York Yankees.

The Yankees set a seven game Series scoring record of 55 runs that still stands. They won their three games by scores of 16-3, 10-0, and 12-0. The Pirates won their games by scores of 6-4, 3-2, 5-2, and 10-9. Whitey Ford pitched two complete game shutouts. The Yankees set several other records during that series, but many do not know that two key Pirates played injured. NL MVP and hometown boy Dick Groat returned prematurely from a broken wrist and played the Series in pain. Cy Young winner Vernon Law pitched with a pulled tendon in his right ankle suffered during the Pirates' pennant clinching celebration.

Mickey Mantle said the 1960 World Series was the greatest disappointment of his career.

I'm not quite old enough to remember this, but . . .

. . . on this day in 1960, at 3:36 pm, Bill Mazeroski launched a 1-0 pitch from Ralph Terry over the 406 mark of the brick left field wall at Forbes Field to give the Pittsburgh Pirates a 10-9 Game 7 win and an improbable 4-3 World Series win over the New York Yankees.

The Yankees set a seven game Series scoring record of 55 runs that still stands. They won their three games by scores of 16-3, 10-0, and 12-0. The Pirates won their games by scores of 6-4, 3-2, 5-2, and 10-9. Whitey Ford pitched two complete game shutouts. The Yankees set several other records during that series, but many do not know that two key Pirates played injured. NL MVP and hometown boy Dick Groat returned prematurely from a broken wrist and played the Series in pain. Cy Young winner Vernon Law pitched with a pulled tendon in his right ankle suffered during the Pirates' pennant clinching celebration.

Mickey Mantle said the 1960 World Series was the greatest disappointment of his career.

Just a bit before my time too. '67 is first series I remember. But that game 7 in 1960 is one of the more amazing ones in history. In addition to the only Game 7 ending with a walk off HR, it is the only game 7 where there were no outs recorded by strikeout. No Pirate or Yankee struck out in the game.

Braves whaling on Dodgers pitching again.

Braves having trouble closing it out.

Back