Official 2020 MLB Thread

Hoping he ends up in Cardinal Red selfishly, but the rumors around Arenado have been swirling for a few years now...

Until something happens, I try not to get caught up in the rumors
If he has to end up anywhere, I would also like it to be in STL. That is true but it feels a little different this time. Not sure why though

Hoping he ends up in Cardinal Red selfishly, but the rumors around Arenado have been swirling for a few years now...

Until something happens, I try not to get caught up in the rumors
I would be elated to have him at 3rd.

If he has to end up anywhere, I would also like it to be in STL. That is true but it feels a little different this time. Not sure why though

Selfishly I hope it is different as he would add some pop to a lineup that needs it.

I saw Cora was gone, but missed what he did. I assumed he was roped into the Astros issue, but not sure.

As for Houston, the next manager and GM are walking into a gift. This team is stacked and I have to believe they will be able to pick from the best.

Everything I'm hearing is Cora is basically the architect of this whole thing since he did it in Houston and then did it in Boston the next year. Not good.

Although I'm not sure they have quite enough to bypass that team from LA, I like what Arizona has been doing, especially with their farm system. Kevin Towers/Dave Stewart/Tony LaRussa completely stripped the club of young talent; current GM Mike Hazen has done a great rebuilding job. If Madison Bumgarner is anything close to what he was a couple of years ago, AZ made a great addition to the pitching staff.

Everything I'm hearing is Cora is basically the architect of this whole thing since he did it in Houston and then did it in Boston the next year. Not good.

I just read up on it. Wow and IMO Hinch should be gone longer also. There is no way in hell he was the manager of that team and did not know what was going on.

Although I'm not sure they have quite enough to bypass that team from LA, I like what Arizona has been doing, especially with their farm system. Kevin Towers/Dave Stewart/Tony LaRussa completely stripped the club of young talent; current GM Mike Hazen has done a great rebuilding job. If Madison Bumgarner is anything close to what he was a couple of years ago, AZ made a great addition to the pitching staff.

Arizona has made a ton of good progress. I think they can and will surprise some people

I just read up on it. Wow and IMO Hinch should be gone longer also. There is no way in hell he was the manager of that team and did not know what was going on.

Also heard he knew about it but didn't stop it, might as well be condoning it. Stealing signs is part of baseball, it always has been but not to this extent. Its a shame I have been an Astros fan for the last few years. I was even going to change my boys baseball team this year to the Astros but not anymore.

Also heard he knew about it but didn't stop it, might as well be condoning it. Stealing signs is part of baseball, it always has been but not to this extent. Its a shame I have been an Astros fan for the last few years. I was even going to change my boys baseball team this year to the Astros but not anymore.

Yeah sign stealing is/was part of the game, but when you introduce the means to which they did, it's cheating, no other way to put it.

We'll never know, but I would like to know what players were involved, because from the sounds of it, not all were involved. Either way it stains the championship and that sucks because at the time the city needed that distraction with the Hurricane Harvey impact.

Bye bye Beltran

Running out of MLB managers.

Bye bye Beltran

Even the Mets didn't screw this one up. Although their hesitation to take action gave me some cause for concern. As for Beltran, the bad news is that he has been fired; the good news is that he never lost a game as a manager.

Now just go mendoza weighs in saying Mike Fiers should have never told. ?

Now just go mendoza weighs in saying Mike Fiers should have never told. ?

Some of the takes on this subject on ESPN have been awful, and two of the worst were from Mendoza and Katie Nolan. I guess we should just be happy that ESPN is even talking baseball with all the money they have staked in NBA/NFL.

Beltran was an obvious choice to remove... glad to see the Mets do it, but now there are 3 manager jobs to be filled...

I will be interested to see if anyone comes out of retirement

Beltran was an obvious choice to remove... glad to see the Mets do it, but now there are 3 manager jobs to be filled...

I will be interested to see if anyone comes out of retirement

Saw Buck Showalter and John Farrell were possibly being considered in Houston.

It looks to be getting deeper for the Astros. There are allegations that Altvue and Bregman wore signaling devices under their jerseys.

I mean once you go down this route and get busted, you lose the benefit of the doubt.

58ec1717defb2a25a37e969f54f3c9d8.jpg

Imagine...

It looks to be getting deeper for the Astros. There are allegations that Altvue and Bregman wore signaling devices under their jerseys.

I'm not certain of the credibility of this account. But, it may not matter. In this day and age, allegations don't need to be proven true; they just need to be made. The Astros players will forever be associated with this scandal. It's definitely getting deeper and the careers of Altuve and Bregman will now be viewed with skepticism by many.

I'm not certain of the credibility of this account. But, it may not matter. In this day and age, allegations don't need to be proven true; they just need to be made. The Astros players will forever be associated with this scandal. It's definitely getting deeper and the careers of Altuve and Bregman will now be viewed with skepticism by many.

If they can prove it.. it’s a death sentence for them both

Man. Just when you think it's about over, new allegations about the buzzing come in. Crazy

Back