Official 2020 MLB Thread

I’m an A’s fan so I’m used to rebuilding. However they seem to put up a respectable team year to year, this year may be a good one. Picking the winner in baseball is so tough. Just look at the Yankees, Angels and Dodgers. Nobody would blame favoring them, well maybe the Angels now, and they just can’t get over the hump.

Probably a Red Sox fan. Lol. Heck, I would have voted for him and Mariano. Those are the only two Yankees that I always had mad respect for.

No more likely a Marlins fan.

Ozuna to the Braves.

Good signing for them, surprised the Cardinals wouldn’t match, seeing as it was less than a million more than the qualifying offer.

Castellanos to the Reds, love seeing them make some more moves.

as a Giants fan, I'll have to root for the Rockies this year

Reading a lot of rumors that the Red Sox are in discussions with the Padres and Dodgers regarding a Mookie trade. I obviously don't want to see a player of his ability and likeability go, but if they have no intentions for signing him to a huge money long-term deal (which is what it will take any team to acquire his services), they may as well get some quality pieces to help build for the future. I am not holding out very high hopes for a World Series run for them in 2020, with or without his services.

Good for the reds man nice seeing an Ohio team spend money

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I wonder if the Red Sox’s actions regarding Mookie will also be viewed as an acknowledgement that they are conceding that the Yankees are the prohibitive favorite.

I have been a Braves fan for as long as I can remember and of course will be pulling for them again this year. I admit that in the past few years I haven't paid as much attention as I use to, but last year I tuned in a lot more and I am excited about 2020.

I am really curious as to how they are gonna fill the 3rd base position now that Donaldson has moved on.

Even year means Giants win the world series.

Even year means Giants win the world series.

As a Giants fan, I hope you’re right. But that even year thing ended in 2014. I believe, like last year, the Giants will be good enough to sniff the wild card and not bad enough to be out of it.

As a Giants fan, I hope you’re right. But that even year thing ended in 2014. I believe, like last year, the Giants will be good enough to sniff the wild card and not bad enough to be out of it.
Yeah it may be a tough transition without Bumgarner. With our pitching back in the day we were built for the post-season and always in with a chance. Need to re-build that staff and get the even year magic back.

I wonder if the Red Sox’s actions regarding Mookie will also be viewed as an acknowledgement that they are conceding that the Yankees are the prohibitive favorite.

If they are realists, then yes. A wild card this season would be a huge win, and surprise, for the Red Sox. With or without Mookie, the pitching still sucks...

Really hoping to see Donaldson stay with the Braves. Lots of rumors flying around about the Twins, Dodgers, Nationals...but im hoping we can spend the money to keep him here.
As a Twins fan, we’re happy to have him!

Regarding the Astros and the buzzers, I believe the MLB investigated and found no evidence of this happening. The video of Altuve after the walkoff homer is quite damning and I think the players on other teams will police this issue on their own. I can see many, if not all, teams throwing a lot of inside heat at these guys this season. There’s no place for cheating in any sports and I feel this is worse than the steroids scandal. It’s going to be a tough year for the Astros and they deserve it.

As a Twins fan, we’re happy to have him!
Twins will be tough in 2020 and probably 2021 as well. The problem with the JD contract was that all 4 years are guaranteed AND he has a 5th year option. As much I wanted him to stay in Atlanta, I dont see his value being in 20mil range past year 2.

Astros appear set to hire Dusty Baker as their new manager.

My Scarlet Hose are in disarray.
They're trying to shop off everybody but the left side of the infield, and there are no takers.
No manager, either.

In all of the discussions surrounding the Red Sox trading of Mookie Betts, I hope they don't forget that they still do not have anyone to manage the team in 2020.

I feel like I need this in my life this year.....hmmm
068204BA-A9F4-4CEE-AE5C-1C4EBAE5F897.png

My Scarlet Hose are in disarray.
They're trying to shop off everybody but the left side of the infield, and there are no takers.
No manager, either.

No takers? Just a matter of when Betts is traded....

Back