Official 2020 MLB Thread

I have a feeling that MLB has told the umpires to be aware of this and won't let the players take this into their own hands.
Dusty Baker is already whining for this.

"I'm depending on the league to try to put a stop to this seemingly premeditated retaliation that I'm hearing about," Baker said Saturday morning. "And in most instances in life, you get kind of reprimanded when you have premeditated anything. I'm just hoping that the league puts a stop to this before somebody gets hurt."

Houston plays the Yankees this year but doesn’t play the Dodgers. The Yankees will hit them.

Dusty Baker is already whining for this.

"I'm depending on the league to try to put a stop to this seemingly premeditated retaliation that I'm hearing about," Baker said Saturday morning. "And in most instances in life, you get kind of reprimanded when you have premeditated anything. I'm just hoping that the league puts a stop to this before somebody gets hurt."

That’s interesting coming from an old school manager. The Astros will be thrown at regardless of what Dusty says.

Houston plays the Yankees this year but doesn’t play the Dodgers. The Yankees will hit them.
That’s interesting coming from an old school manager. The Astros will be thrown at regardless of what Dusty says.
Good. Hopefully they do it a lot.

Blue Jays legend Tony Fernandez has passed at 57.

20200216_131016.jpg

My Cubs 'reporting early' for spring training. Lol

Lester definitely looks like he has the best swing between him, Rizzo, Bryant, and Happ this morning

I see that William Hill has a line on how many times the Astros will be hit this season. The over under is 83.5.

I see that William Hill has a line on how many times the Astros will be hit this season. The over under is 83.5.

I’d take the over. The top 5 teams in HBP typically go over that number, and they will be in top 3, if not #1. If the joke of a commissioner isn’t going to punish the players, the players themselves will do it.

I see the Cub's chances as slim and none this year. I think the team will underachieve again this year.

I’d take the over. The top 5 teams in HBP typically go over that number, and they will be in top 3, if not #1. If the joke of a commissioner isn’t going to punish the players, the players themselves will do it.
But more of a joke that he will punish those who retaliate, but not those who cheated.

That’s why Dodgers fans are headed to Anaheim for the home opener against...Houston! As if the Angels didn’t have reason enough to throw at Houston, they’ll have a large pack of Dodgers savages mixing it up as well.

Severino going for TJ surgery. Back to back years without him.

Severino going for TJ surgery. Back to back years without him.

That's rough blow to the Yanks. That staff had the chance to be dominant this year if they all stayed healthy.

That's rough blow to the Yanks. That staff had the chance to be dominant this year if they all stayed healthy.

nobody is going to cry for the Yankees. They dealt with a crazy rash of injuries last season, and if you look at it now, they are going to missing 3 of the top 5 starters going in to the season. Oh and its not even March yet.

Staying healthy is key. Two key pieces of rotation out. At least Paxton will be back.
Actually, Yankee staff doesn’t need to be dominant with that offense and that bullpen. Problem will be in playoffs when they need someone other than Cole to pitch more than 5 innings.

Hearing the Stros. are getting plunked frequently. Will be an interesting year for them.

Hearing the Stros. are getting plunked frequently. Will be an interesting year for them.

Not sure how hitting an Astros player and putting them on base with this deep of a lineup helps anyone. I understand players are upset but giving the Astros base runners is about the dumbest thing you can do. Then bringing attention to it and the pitcher has a chance to be suspended makes it a really stupid revenge tactic.

I admit it....I am an Astros fan and don't see the need for anything else from the team. I agree they just about gave the worst apologies ever in the world but at this point there is nothing else you can do to them. I mean they look worse that Rafael Palmeiro telling congress he didn't take steroids. I think the players need to shut up because they are starting to undermine their union. The union would not allow any of the players to be suspended so the players are giving MLB an opening on their next CBA to allow MLB to discipline players as they see fit.

Oh and still waiting on Red Sox punishment......

Not sure how hitting an Astros player and putting them on base with this deep of a lineup helps anyone. I understand players are upset but giving the Astros base runners is about the dumbest thing you can do. Then bringing attention to it and the pitcher has a chance to be suspended makes it a really stupid revenge tactic.

That's why now is the best time to hit them, peg them in Spring Training when scores don't matter.

The union would not allow any of the players to be suspended.

This is not the reason players were not suspended, they were not suspended because they were granted immunity for honest testimony with regards to their cheating scandal. And there are these comments with regards to the immunity being offered so early in the process:

"The league was quick to make such an offer, these people said, in part because it did not believe it would win subsequent grievances with any players it attempted to discipline. That’s partly because of a bureaucratic shortcoming: The Astros’ front office never discussed with players the league’s admonitions against using electronic devices to steal signs, according to Manfred’s statement."

Last edited:
That's why now is the best time to hit them, peg them in Spring Training when scores don't matter.
For what purpose?
This is not the reason players were not suspended, they were not suspended because they were granted immunity for honest testimony with regards to their cheating scandal. And there is these comments with regards to the immunity being offered so early in the process:

"The league was quick to make such an offer, these people said, in part because it did not believe it would win subsequent grievances with any players it attempted to discipline. That’s partly because of a bureaucratic shortcoming: The Astros’ front office never discussed with players the league’s admonitions against using electronic devices to steal signs, according to Manfred’s statement."

Right MLB was never going to go after players because they knew the union would win. That is the same reason there were no drug tests in MLB for a long time because the union didnt want MLB setting precedent.

I admit it....I am an Astros fan and don't see the need for anything else from the team. I agree they just about gave the worst apologies ever in the world but at this point there is nothing else you can do to them. I mean they look worse that Rafael Palmeiro telling congress he didn't take steroids. I think the players need to shut up because they are starting to undermine their union. The union would not allow any of the players to be suspended so the players are giving MLB an opening on their next CBA to allow MLB to discipline players as they see fit.

Oh and still waiting on Red Sox punishment......
The fact that every single MLB owner would trade 5m, top 2 draft picks, their GM and Manager for a World Series title in a heart beat tells us the team didn't get punished at all. It was a joke. And we will see how potent the Stros lineup really is now that they won't know what pitches are coming.

For what purpose?

The same reason players get pegged on purpose during games in the regular season, players taking retribution into their own hands.

Back