Official 2020 MLB Thread

This day 5 years ago today was the greatest bat flip of all time.

Bat flip? Didn't know there was a Bat flip contest. Congrats to him i guess, here's his prize:

I am a lifelong phillies phan...which makes me automatically HATE the braves...but I find myself rooting for them against the dodgers.

i know some might disagree with this BUT clayton kershaw is not a big game pitcher. it's crazy how different his splits are for the playoffs and during the regular season.

regular season W 176- L 76 era 2.43 (awesome stats)
playoffs W 11- L 12 era 4.73 (average at best)

why do you think he just doesn't show up in the playoffs?

i know some might disagree with this BUT clayton kershaw is not a big game pitcher. it's crazy how different his splits are for the playoffs and during the regular season.

regular season W 176- L 76 era 2.43 (awesome stats)
playoffs W 11- L 12 era 4.73 (average at best)

why do you think he just doesn't show up in the playoffs?

C11F12E8-61C7-4EB1-9112-C509B9F8126C.png
Someone had posted this on THP previously. As a Giants fan, I copied it to my photos.

11-12 4.73 for arguably the best regular season pitcher of his generation is not good. Last night's start was really important with his team down 2-1 and he didn’t get the job done. His team not hitting against a rookie pitcher didn’t help nor did his manager leaving him in too long. But they are excuses for another poor big game post season start.

Dodger fan's suffering will continue for another year. Oh well, at least we have the Laker's championship...

Dodger fan's suffering will continue for another year. Oh well, at least we have the Laker's championship...

The Dodgers are like the Braves from 1991-2005. Win the division every year only to come up short in the playoffs or World series. Those Braves' teams; however, won one World Series in 1995.

I am truly shocked by the Dodgers. This year was pretty much set up for them to win. What gets me is how they navigate the salary cap with their star players. They have great young players that are coming up on their paydays and they can't pay them all. I almost feel bad for Kershaw and I hope he gets his Ray Bourque but I don't think it will be this year.

They have a good team and if they came back and won 3 in a row I wouldn't be shocked but i am not putting any money on that.

I am truly shocked by the Dodgers. This year was pretty much set up for them to win. What gets me is how they navigate the salary cap with their star players. They have great young players that are coming up on their paydays and they can't pay them all. I almost feel bad for Kershaw and I hope he gets his Ray Bourque but I don't think it will be this year.

They have a good team and if they came back and won 3 in a row I wouldn't be shocked but i am not putting any money on that.

Poor relief pitching and and lack of hitting other than in that stretch between the 9th inning of game 2 and the huge 1st few innings in game 3 have exposed the Dodgers. Other than Game 3, the Braves starting pitching has been very good in this series. The Braves have been very good this post season.

Poor relief pitching and and lack of hitting other than in that stretch between the 9th inning of game 2 and the huge 1st few innings in game 3 have exposed the Dodgers. Other than Game 3, the Braves starting pitching has been very good in this series. The Braves have been very good this post season.
No doubt. Atlanta is not getting lucky, they are putting it to the Dodgers.

The Astros just won't lay down.....I love it!

The Astros just won't lay down.....I love it!

I had thought that the lack of off days would have benefited the Rays as they had the better starting pitching. But the Astros now have the momentum and they have playoff experience in their favor. Now we have two of the best words in sports - game seven.

I had thought that the lack of off days would have benefited the Rays as they had the better starting pitching. But the Astros now have the momentum and they have playoff experience in their favor. Now we have two of the best words in sports - game seven.
The hard part of game 7 is that we Astros fans love Charlie Morton. Dude is awesome.

Well done Rays!

I selfishly did not want another team to join the Red Sox as the only team to come back and win from a 3 - 0 hole in a best of 7 series.

Charlie Morton is a big game player. Kudos.

I know the Astros are a trigger now but to be without their ace and stud DH all year and still get to ALCS is impressive. The fact that they came back to force a game 7 is impressive. I'll give it up for the Dodgers too they didn't quit when it was easy.

I hope all of these stupid Covid rules are gone next year. The extra inning rule was stupid, 16 teams should not get into the playoffs, and the world series should not be played inside an Arlington Costco.

I actually like the idea of having the WS played at a predetermined warm location.

I really like the idea of playing on consecutive days.

Funny seeing social media posts for people rooting for both teams.

No dog in the fight, just happy astros are out

Heck of a game 7 going on.

I think I’m more relieved than happy, but here’s a solid WooHoo over a 3rd NL crown in 4 years for my Dodgers.

The D-Rays are damn solid. I’m not overlooking them at all. But this one feels different than against the Cheating ‘Stros and Cheating Red Sox, who both seemed the better team.

I never thought that I would be rooting for the Tampa Bay Rays....crazy

Listening to Game 1 of the WS and it's almost like a flashback to a Pirates broadcast, with Tyler Glasnow, Austin Meadows, and Charlie Morton on the Rays' roster. I say almost because a) this is the World Series and b) players are playing to their potential through better coaching, so it can't possibly be the Pirates.

Back